What's new

Game Thread Jan 19, 2021 7:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 01-19-21

Rudy isn't a rookie. He has been around. He is 63% free throw shooter for his career.
I don't think he will stay this bad.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I think with a guy like Rudy, having long *** arms, technique is vital, if it’s off even just 1% it’s going to throw everything off. It could require hours of practice to get his form back correctly.
Its because Rudy hasn't had any clutch free throws this year. He's 80% in the clutch.
View attachment 10147

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using JazzFanz mobile app
He did hit 4 straight at the end of the game vs the Nuggets after struggling all game long from the line.

compared to Rudy's FT shooting, i'm more worried about Bojan TBH. another subpar game from him. 11 pt on 11 shots with the lowest +/- of all starters. not to mention he currently still shoots well below 40% from the floor. imagine this being Conley, JFZ would have gone wild. except he's got two more years left on his contract worth roughly 40mil.

I don't worry about bogey.
Everytime he has a look from 3 I expect it to go in more so than any other player on the team.

He needs to not dribble but don't worry about his shot. He is shooting 39% from three and that number is only going to go up.
And that's really all I want from him. Be the ultimate floor spacer and knockdown shooter.

NOP is going to have some spacing issues on offense similar to what The Jazz had a few years ago with Zion, Adams and Ball on the court at the same time. Tonight was Zion's first bucket outside the paint all year.

Mitchell, Conley, bojan, niang, and clarkson all have very quick triggers with no hesitation from 3.
Royce and jingles are much less hesitant to shoot right now than they have been in the past.

All 7 of these great shooters are all also very confident right now.

Deadly combo

I don't worry about bogey.
Everytime he has a look from 3 I expect it to go in more so than any other player on the team.

He needs to not dribble but don't worry about his shot. He is shooting 39% from three and that number is only going to go up.
And that's really all I want from him. Be the ultimate floor spacer and knockdown shooter.

i truly wish it being the case. we need him to shoot better and dribble less

So is above 40% from 3 for an individual kind of the bar for a great shooter?

The jazz have 7 guys that I kind of expect to be above 40%. Anyone want to look up and post the percentages from 3 of niang, Conley, clarkson, bogey, royce, ingles, and Mitchell? These are all guys I could see shooting over 40% from 3 for this season.

I mean most people think of harden as a great shooter. He has never shot above 40% from 3 in a season in his entire career.

Durant is a great shooter right? He has more years below 40% from 3 than above and is below 40 for his career.

Quin has his offense in place and his players to play his offense

We have come a long way from the rubio, favors, gobert on the floor together travesty.

I like that Quin called timeout after we gave up a 4-0 run while leading by 25.

That's the type of thing Popovich used to do against us.
Quin is the closest thing to Pop in this league and i'm not even kidding.

Spurs completely transformed themselves in early 2010s from an elite defensive team to an offensive-orientated team in a matter of 2 seasons while keeping their core of G-D-P intact.

Quin's ability to perform this similar type of transformation to the Jazz from one of the worst shooting teams in the league to the best while keeping his core of Rudy-DM-Ingles is no easy feat. we've seen enough coaches being stuck to just one playstyle and refusing to adapt. so kudos to Quin for being able to do this and also achieving great results.

i truly wish it being the case. we need him to shoot better and dribble less
I think we could probably get a differential advantage if everyone on the floor ran back on D as soon as Bogey puts the ball on the floor.

So is above 40% from 3 for an individual kind of the bar for a great shooter?

The jazz have 7 guys that I kind of expect to be above 40%. Anyone want to look up and post the percentages from 3 of niang, Conley, clarkson, bogey, royce, ingles, and Mitchell? These are all guys I could see shooting over 40% from 3 for this season.

I mean most people think of harden as a great shooter. He has never shot above 40% from 3 in a season in his entire career.

Durant is a great shooter right? He has more years below 40% from 3 than above and is below 40 for his career.

Quin has his offense in place and his players to play his offense

We have come a long way from the rubio, favors, gobert on the floor together travesty.

3 point percentages so far this season:

O'Neale-45.6%
Clarkson-43%
Ingles-41.2%
Conley-41.1%
Bogey-38.7%
Mitchell-38.5%
Niang-32.4%

The only reason Niang's percentage is so low is because he was so cold to start the season, I'd expect him to be in the high 30's by the end of the season. The Jazz have never had 7 rotation guys that can shoot like this.

O'Neale-45.6%
Clarkson-43%
Ingles-41.2%
Conley-41.1%
Bogey-38.7%
Mitchell-38.5%
Niang-32.4%

The only reason Niang's percentage is so low is because he was so cold to start the season, I'd expect him to be in the high 30's by the end of the season. The Jazz have never had 7 rotation guys that can shoot like this.
We just need Favors to turn into Sam Perkins and Gobert to turn into Davis Bertans.

O'Neale-45.6%
Clarkson-43%
Ingles-41.2%
Conley-41.1%
Bogey-38.7%
Mitchell-38.5%
Niang-32.4%

I'm very confident that bogey will be around 42 or 43% by the end of the year.

NOP is going to have some spacing issues on offense similar to what The Jazz had a few years ago with Zion, Adams and Ball on the court at the same time. Tonight was Zion's first bucket outside the paint all year.
Exactly. NOLA has spacing issues. If Redick was in his prime, this team would be much better. They just don't have the shooters for the modern NBA. The lack of shooters will hamper Zion. They have to replace Ball and Bledsoe with shooters.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app