What's new

Game Thread Jan 19, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Rockets

Added to Calendar: 01-19-22

Man, something went bad in that locker room. I don’t know if it’s player conflicts or what, but this thing is going from bad to worse real quick.

The Jazz look poised to take their collapse of last year’s playoffs and retell it over the course of an entire season this time.

I just don't see Quin getting fired. If we had a .500 record with this expensive roster, I could see it.

We just don't have a championship caliber coach or roster. And it's extremely disappointing because we were so close.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazz are overly dependent on flinging 3pt shots. They need a wing who can put the ball down and get on top of the rim.
Or just find Rudy inside. A bud from Philly texted me yesterday to tell me about Embid’s 50 point night. He also said hey I’m sorry but you guys have the dumbest offensive schemes I’ve ever seen (talking about us setting double screens on the three point line in the Laker game and ignoring Rudy down low against a wing in their small ball lineup). He knows his hoops having played college ball back in the day - and I happen to agree with him.

**** is coming if the FO’s mouthpiece is calling out the team and saying it feels exactly like when the Jazz traded Deron.
Locke said that? Cuz that’s the first thing I thought when we lost tonight. This stagnant team feels exactly what it felt like before Deron chased Sloan out and then got traded. There’s zero chemistry out there. This is bad. And if other smarter people are noticing it, then it’s time
To blow up this team before trade values plummet even further.

Locke said that? Cuz that’s the first thing I thought when we lost tonight. This stagnant team feels exactly what it felt like before Deron chased Sloan out and then got traded. There’s zero chemistry out there. This is bad. And if other smarter people are noticing it, then it’s time
To blow up this team before trade values plummet even further.
I believe he’s referring to Tony Jones.

We traded all our draft picks away FOR THIS?

We need to pull a Thibodeau-era Chicago Bulls and only practice defense.

Man, something went bad in that locker room. I don’t know if it’s player conflicts or what, but this thing is going from bad to worse real quick.

The Jazz look poised to take their collapse of last year’s playoffs and retell it over the course of an entire season this time.
Last nights game was so familiar… the formula is out on us. We haven’t figured out a counter.

I see he put out tweet about it… then he deleted it. Interesting
It was interesting… so he had to immediately delete it. Tony is Perd from Parks and Rec. “Why didn’t so and so play? So and so wasn’t in the rotation?” Andy is the only media person who actually asks the tough questions and will criticize the organization. He’s one of us.

If we weren't on our current horrible losing streak, this loss wouldn't seem so bad. Basically they shot well and we didn't, but in combination with everything else, we really needed to win this game. I guess we're all a little grumpy, but reading through the comments here made me more annoyed than normal.

- The Royce miss was bad, but it's crazy how some posters have zeroed in on one of our few consistent effort guys to only point out his deficiencies. He had 15 rebounds yesterday, he's a 41% 3pt shooter for the year. He's not a guy that can create his own shots, but he works extremely well with the many creators we have.
- People complain about Quin never trying anything new, but he tried some new things today. It worked horribly, but he at least tried something new. He tried a really weird zone with the centers patrolling inside the 3pt line and the others rotating around the 3pt line. The problem is our team is horrible at rotating. Specifically Clarkson looks extra bad when he has to rotate and have any defensive awareness. I'm pretty sure Dok played over Paschall in order to execute the crazy defensive scheme Quin was trying.
- Clarkson should never get the assignment to guard a shooter like Matthews. It's just too hard for him to focus and not get distracted/ball watch.
- Forrest came in and defended Kevin Porter Jr so well, who had been torching us, that I thought we would all be going crazy about how good he was. As good as he was defensively, he completely killed our offense in the second half, and was one of the main reasons for the horrible stretch the lost us the game. Seems like the G-League could be good for developing some confidence in his offensive game (he showed a little in summer league).
- We were passing the ball quite a bit better today, and has some very open looks by good shooters, but just couldn't hit them. It definitely seems like there is a lot of confidence and frustration issues boiling over on to the basketball court.

If we weren't on our current horrible losing streak, this loss wouldn't seem so bad. Basically they shot well and we didn't, but in combination with everything else, we really needed to win this game. I guess we're all a little grumpy, but reading through the comments here made me more annoyed than normal.

- The Royce miss was bad, but it's crazy how some posters have zeroed in on one of our few consistent effort guys to only point out his deficiencies. He had 15 rebounds yesterday, he's a 41% 3pt shooter for the year. He's not a guy that can create his own shots, but he works extremely well with the many creators we have.
- People complain about Quin never trying anything new, but he tried some new things today. It worked horribly, but he at least tried something new. He tried a really weird zone with the centers patrolling inside the 3pt line and the others rotating around the 3pt line. The problem is our team is horrible at rotating. Specifically Clarkson looks extra bad when he has to rotate and have any defensive awareness. I'm pretty sure Dok played over Paschall in order to execute the crazy defensive scheme Quin was trying.
- Clarkson should never get the assignment to guard a shooter like Matthews. It's just too hard for him to focus and not get distracted/ball watch.
- Forrest came in and defended Kevin Porter Jr so well, who had been torching us, that I thought we would all be going crazy about how good he was. As good as he was defensively, he completely killed our offense in the second half, and was one of the main reasons for the horrible stretch the lost us the game. Seems like the G-League could be good for developing some confidence in his offensive game (he showed a little in summer league).
- We were passing the ball quite a bit better today, and has some very open looks by good shooters, but just couldn't hit them. It definitely seems like there is a lot of confidence and frustration issues boiling over on to the basketball court.
It wasn’t some wacky scheme… it was a ****ing zone… something my middle school Jr. Jazz them ran. We make it look wacky because our guys are either unprepared or just low IQ or they don’t care. Some of that is coaching obviously. Any scheme that depends on Doke and JC making good decisions is likely gonna fail.

Forrest is so obviously a replacement nba player at his best and that is why it’s stupid to waste time playing him. We can find better more complete options to do what he does on the scrap heap. He murders the offense and his defense isn’t good enough to justify murder.

Most nights we have zero energy… EP is like the only high energy guy we have… to have a clear path to playing him when he has done really well is about as bad as it gets. As a coach you should actively look for opportunities to get guys like that involved and it seemed Quin looked for ways to avoid that.

Trade or fire Quin… I’ve seen enough. It’s been time for tough love… Quins a *****.

This is exactly right.

We need to makes moves. Sell while some of these guys actually have decent value. I would put everything on the table and I mean everything.

I’m close… I’d be worried that Ainges recent draft history and Ryan being a new owner that we’d end up in Sacramento Kings purgatory. I do think sellers can extract a premium because there are so few sellers now that there is a play in tournament.

I’m close… I’d be worried that Ainges recent draft history and Ryan being a new owner that we’d end up in Sacramento Kings purgatory. I do think sellers can extract a premium because there are so few sellers now that there is a play in tournament.
I'm not worried about the draft. I think we can retool without having to rely on draft success.