What's new

Game Thread Jan 21, 2021 8:00PM MT (TNT): Jazz vs. Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 01-21-21

Not many teams sweep the home and home games... This will test whether or not we are locked in or still floating between great and good. We haven't lost since they announced the scholarship thingy... so I think we are very pro-education...

Add all this up and this is a must win game for sure.

Not many teams sweep the home and home games... This will test whether or not we are locked in or still floating between great and good. We haven't lost since they announced the scholarship thingy... so I think we are very pro-education...

So instead of game thread girls, can someone do a profile of an underprivileged child whose education hangs on tonight’s game?

I’m not sure a loss necessarily says what kind of team we are especially because a lot of their success depends on their 3 point shooting. If shooting is off and they lose, I don’t think it means anything, if we shoot decent to good and we lose, it says more IMO.

I’m not sure a loss necessarily says what kind of team we are especially because a lot of their success depends on their 3 point shooting. If shooting is off and they lose, I don’t think it means anything, if we shoot decent to good and we lose, it says more IMO.
Well I guess you don't support education then... this is a must win... end of discussion.

Pretty sure we lost the very first game after the scholarship announcement, didn't we?

debdc677ff342d8d246d10885175ffd7424bc54d_300_400.jpeg

“Little Timmy’s dad died in an industrial accident. His mom is working three jobs, often leaving Timmy unsupervised for days in an unsafe neighborhood. Timmy has dreams of becoming a pharmacist and supporting his mother and little siblings. Please explain to Timmy why he won’t be going to college and why he will need to drop out of school at age 15 to get a job to support his little sister.”

“Little Timmy’s dad died in an industrial accident. His mom is working three jobs, often leaving Timmy unsupervised for days in an unsafe neighborhood. Timmy has dreams of becoming a pharmacist and supporting his mother and little siblings. Please explain to Timmy why he won’t be going to college and why he will need to drop out of school at age 15 to get a job to support his little sister.”
The post game interviews would be something else!

Growing up and Utah and being Mormon has definitely taught me how motivating guilt can be.

On the sidelines, they should just have a photograph of every child that could get the scholarship. When the jazz lose, Coach Snyder could just take out his Zippo and torch the next picture while looking at the players disapprovingly. Now imagine him doing that, with no words, during a timeout.

On the sidelines, they should just have a photograph of every child that could get the scholarship. When the jazz lose, Coach Snyder could just take out his Zippo and torch the next picture while looking at the players disapprovingly. Now imagine him doing that, with no words, during a timeout.
I like this idea.