What's new

Game Thread Jan 23, 2021 7:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Warriors

Added to Calendar: 01-23-21

So totally off topic but I was just looking at luka doncic stats. Holy crap. As a 20 year 2nd year player he averaged 29 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists per game.
This season (his 3rd) as a 21 year old he is averaging 27 points, 10 rebounds and 9.6 assists per game.
His shooting splits leave a lot to be desired though.
Still, those numbers for a dude that young are insane.
He's going to be the next and far better iteration of Westbrook. He's going to be very very scary for a long time. Pretty amazing really.

They suck as a unit doesn't mean they suck individually. For the most part their all low usage guys who can play defense and move the ball, occasionally hitting the open three. When they're all playing together there being asked to create for themselves leading to more contested shots and running into traffic, which in turn is affecting their defense as they're over helping. Oni and Morgan have already proven to be much more effective NBA players when a part of the regular rotation, same applies to Niang who with a more collapsed defense struggled to get his shot off cleanly.

Shaq Harrison btw is absolutely clueless when it comes to running an offense. Probably not much of a surprise that they looked better in preseason when NWG was running the third unit combined with Hughes who is the only player amongst the scrubs capable of creating for himself.
Well said. Though if that's the case, wish we could see Oni/Shaq/Morgan getting some minutes in the rotation like Niang did. So they can actually get better at doing what the team needs them to do. There's hardly any growth value for them to just heave up shots and create for themselves especially if we are gonna have nights like this which will actually bring down their confidence.

So totally off topic but I was just looking at luka doncic stats. Holy crap. As a 20 year 2nd year player he averaged 29 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists per game.
This season (his 3rd) as a 21 year old he is averaging 27 points, 10 rebounds and 9.6 assists per game.
His shooting splits leave a lot to be desired though.
Still, those numbers for a dude that young are insane.

Luka "Big Swinging" Longdick

That was not statistically true for last year. He shot slightly better in regular rotation minutes.
Interesting. He must have just had the odd game where he looked like MJ out there. I suspect he also takes tougher shots in garbage time that he otherwise wouldn't take.

If you find yourself bitching online after a game like tonight. Log the Hell of your computer and rethink your life. Seiously miserable people.
In all fairness, the malcontents must really be having a hard time right now. Life is difficult for them during periods of success, as it makes it harder to find something to bitch about.

Next time Utah loses, we should probably start a fire Lindsay/Zanic thread, just to throw them a bone. They are in for rough year.

Y’all: just relax about the scrubs. They aren’t ever gonna play regular minutes unless we have a catastrophe. And if that comes to pass then it doesn’t really matter anyways, now does it?
But what happens if we make the finals, only to have the best 6 or 7 guys on both teams come up injured?

We need to be prepared for an all-scrub championship.

Our non garbage time Net rating is 9.4. Scrubs are making all team stats useless lol.
They certainly ain’t making the case to crack the rotation. Oni looked like a ****ing turnstile. Not complaining... just observing.

I hope our guys talked as much **** as Dray did back in the day when he had three of the best shooters in the world carrying his broke *** jumper.

I hope our guys talked as much **** as Dray did back in the day when he had three of the best shooters in the world carrying his broke *** jumper.
Go easy on Dray. We’re going to need him to sign with us at the deadline when he gets released.

They certainly ain’t making the case to crack the rotation. Oni looked like a ****ing turnstile. Not complaining... just observing.

Yeah...It doesn't surprise me that the offense is sinking with Niang and Shaq alternating the LeBron role, but the defense and hustle isn't there either. It doesn't really matter but I tell you what, if the scrubs were +51 in 44 minutes instead of -51 all hell would break loose. It's comically bad at this point.

It's good experience regardless. Hopefully we can keep blowing out teams to get these guys more experience.

Not sure if this has been posted, but if so, it deserves to be posted twice. Remember that Bazemore is a good defender and not some snot-nosed rookie.

Bazemore commit to Jingles left because Jingles is lefty. Break right leg.

Jingles slow legs but quick hands. Next layup classic hand fake.