What's new

Game Thread Jan 23, 2022 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Warriors

Added to Calendar: 01-23-22

Refs were hot garbage tonight. At least three times a guy came flying in over Rudy’s back and sent him to the ground… no call… like 5 push in the back calls ignored… but OPJ and Forrest bump each other on a board and it’s whistled. It was really uneven tonight.
Thurl kept trying to convince me of that, but I didn't see it.

We had more than double the FTA's, and the foul discrepancy was 19-13 in our favor.

Thurl kept trying to convince me of that, but I didn't see it.

We had more than double the FTA's, and the foul discrepancy was 19-13 in our favor.
You have to remember one of the tenets of Quins defense is our perimeter guys play with their hands behind their backs. We don’t really get close enough to foul. There was some really obvious ones they let slide.

He’s got at least two game winners in the last few years and Donovan has zero. That was a great look. If he drives they foul the **** out of him and the refs swallow the whistle.
except those 2 game winners were assisted catch & shoot, not off the dribble. He also should've taken that wide open three at the first attempt instead of passing it up with the shot clock expiring.

I wasn't able to watch the game. Royce went 0-fer. He's averaging 2.3 ppg over his last 3 games on low percentages.

except those 2 game winners were assisted catch & shoot, not off the dribble. He also should've taken that wide open three at the first attempt instead of passing it up with the shot clock expiring.

The shot was in and out. Bogey is probably the most clutch player on the entire team. I'm more comfortable with him taking the final shot than anyone, including Donovan.

Give me a break. He got off a clean look over a smaller defender… I’m sorry the other two were catch and shoot shots but both were harder than the one he got tonight. Neither Mike or Donovan are able to get as clean of looks as he does consistently. Prolly the last thing to complain about tonight.

The last 5 minutes for both teams were horrible. Just watch, my Bears will hire one of the D coordinators for head coach.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Bears fan here too. We will hire another coach that causes another quarterback to perform below expectations

The shot was in and out. Bogey is probably the most clutch player on the entire team. I'm more comfortable with him taking the final shot than anyone, including Donovan.
I don't get the Bogey clutch narrative. Bogey's got a couple of game winners but he also has had many games where he just disappeared in the clutch completely.

That lost against Hou for example where he shot 3 of 13 from deep and missed a couple of wide open looks which could've won us the game. all we remember was Donovan bricking game winners but he's hit a few game typing shots that help sent us to OT, and had numerous games where he basically took over the 4th quarter. He doesn't hit any game winners at the buzzer simply because the game was decided before the last second.

Forrest was actually good at getting his hand on the ball tonight which was great… his lack of shooting was obvious at points. I’m not sure he can be more than a 10 minute a night player… but if he’s going to be more disruptive I’ll live with it.

There was a Forrest Royce pick and roll that made me lol… like where that **** gonna go.
His lack of shooting is an issue for sure but as you said for about 10 minutes it could work. He actually attacked the space when teams sagged off and had some success the last 2 games. He looks like he can handle some contact around the rim and he has some touch for a floater. If he can do that consistently, his lack of shot isn't that fatal for limited minutes.

Give me a break. He got off a clean look over a smaller defender… I’m sorry the other two were catch and shoot shots but both were harder than the one he got tonight. Neither Mike or Donovan are able to get as clean of looks as he does consistently. Prolly the last thing to complain about tonight.
yep, which proves my point. Bogey only takes shots when those shots were there for him. he doesn't really force things like Donovan or Clarkson often do.

I don't get the Bogey clutch narrative. Bogey's got a couple of game winners but he also has had many games where he just disappeared in the clutch completely.

That lost against Hou for example where he shot 3 of 13 from deep and missed a couple of wide open looks which could've won us the game. all we remember was Donovan bricking game winners but he's hit a few game typing shots that help sent us to OT, and had numerous games where he basically took over the 4th quarter. He doesn't hit any game winners at the buzzer simply because the game was decided before the last second.
Lol u see 5 ppl seeing 1 thing and u something different right?

His lack of shooting is an issue for sure but as you said for about 10 minutes it could work. He actually attacked the space when teams sagged off and had some success the last 2 games. He looks like he can handle some contact around the rim and he has some touch for a floater. If he can do that consistently, his lack of shot isn't that fatal for limited minutes.
forrest is proving Quin right with his performance in the last couple of games. He's going to be a legit rotation player in this league if he keeps it up.

He had one ill advised shot and one awful turnover. The issue is the guys sagging off him and not rotating to him. The more he plays the more teams are aware. He has to be as disruptive as he was tonight to justify playing time. I think it’s in there… but I need to see it consistently or he’s not an nba player.

yep, which proves my point. Bogey only takes shots when those shots were there for him. he doesn't really force things like Donovan or Clarkson often do.
Ummmm not really… he took that shot because it was there for him and it’s about as cleans look as you will ever get at the end of the game… it just rimmed out this time. I’m sorry he didn’t force some ****** 20% shot and took one where he’s likely somewhere between 35-40% on.

Its a much much bigger issue that we couldnt score for almost 4 minutes straight before Bogey hit a huge 3 to get us close. His last look was not the best shot but it was decent shot and almost went in. We also had a really good chance for the tip in off of it.

The narrative exists because stats back that up over his career. He does disappear at the end of games sometimes, but that is his teammates and possibly coaching fault not his. If no one passes him the ball or the coach doesnt draw up anything for him then he cant do much. When given the chance he is solid in those situations. Having a bad shooting game or missing sometimes in the Clutch happens to ever player. Even the greatest clutch players of all time had that a lot.

Mitchell was pretty clutch the last couple years in the last few minutes of games but he has struggled this year. I think giving him more opportunities to work on it in the regular season is a good decision though. But I feel like he is not learning from his mistakes this year well. He needs to learn to pass when he is doubled and not settle for bad 3 point shots. He also needs to use picks and not go iso as much when it isnt working.

Lol u see 5 ppl seeing 1 thing and u something different right?
what have you seen exactly? like when Bogey hit 1 of 9 on Monday against the Lakers, a game which we only lost by 6, meaning had he hit three of his nine shots could've tied the game.

or that disappointing collapse against Hou where he choked and disappeared in the fourth?

or that 20 point blow out against Cleveland where he shot 3 of 14?

But of course everyone's only gonna talk about the two game winners he made like it happened a week ago......

I mean if you guys only look at his good games and overlook the bad ones, of course he is gonna be the best offensive player there is and the most clutch player in history... It's like watching a highlight reel of players where they show the buckets they made and cut out the buckets they've missed. Everyone is basically Curry and Michael Jordan.