What's new

Game Thread Jan 23, 2024 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 01-23-24

Sexton, Clarkson, KO and Collins. All have recently flown around in the rumor mill, and some of the rumors are the type "we are gauging value" or "we are having discussions"... indicating that we are involved and its not just outside hype.

Albeit Collins is the exception. With him we are more like standing in some street corner asking anyone who passes by whether they might need him.
No link?
Is it Danny Ainge being quoted as gauging value and having discussions or woj or something?

No link?
Is it Danny Ainge being quoted as gauging value and having discussions or woj or something?
Lakers have internally discussed trading for Sexton (I’m sure a lot of teams have) per McMenamin. Nothing about the Jazz actively looking to trade him.

Knicks are interested in Clarkson per Woj and Begley.

Jazz are willing to move Clarkson, Olynyk, THT for the right price. That’s about all that has been reported.

No link?
No. Its the rumor birds. DA or any GM for that matter doesnt really give quotes about specific trades, do they?

I think the closest we've seen to a DA quote is before our good stretch when Andy Larsen said our FO wanted to trade away Collins and that they are open to discuss trades about anyone but Keyonte.

Knicks fans seems to like Clarkson. They lost IQ, they badly need bench scoring but afraid DA is asking a lot. Some even think grimes, Fournier and FRP isn’t enough

No. Its the rumor birds. DA or any GM for that matter doesnt really give quotes about specific trades, do they?

I think the closest we've seen to a DA quote is before our good stretch when Andy Larsen said our FO wanted to trade away Collins and that they are open to discuss trades about anyone but Keyonte.
Ya thats why I took issue with this statement: "Half the rotation is thinking about getting traded because dangling players is all we heard about"
Half the rotation would be 5 guys. Dangling players is certainly not all we have heard about.
Its just typical nba trade deadline stuff that happens about pretty much every team every year.

Ya thats why I took issue with this statement: "Half the rotation is thinking about getting traded because dangling players is all we heard about"
Half the rotation would be 5 guys. Dangling players is certainly not all we have heard about.
Its just typical nba trade deadline stuff that happens about pretty much every team every year.
I don't know how many of the guys are worried about being traded, but I think it also plays in that they worry about _other_ people being traded. If DA decides to break things up for assets, for example. Pretty sure deadline can't come soon enough for several of them (THT not included).

I don't know how many of the guys are worried about being traded, but I think it also plays in that they worry about _other_ people being traded. If DA decides to break things up for assets, for example. Pretty sure deadline can't come soon enough for several of them (THT not included).
Ya maybe. But there are rumors for pretty much every team every season. If that is the reason for the losing stretch then we should in fact trade them all cause they mentally weak as **** and we gonna have the same problem next season and the season after and the season after etc etc.

That is true. We are not really dangling anyone but Collins... and even that quieted down once we realized no one will bite.

That is true. We are not really dangling anyone but Collins... and even that quieted down once we realized no one will bite.
Thats definitely not true. Utah is dangling players and they know it's happening because the exact same thing happened last year.

The only player who is extremely safe is Lauri. Probably the rookie guys as well.

Ya maybe. But there are rumors for pretty much every team every season. If that is the reason for the losing stretch then we should in fact trade them all cause they mentally weak as **** and we gonna have the same problem next season and the season after and the season after etc etc.
The main difference is that Utah did a fire sale last year under very similar circumstances.

So about a week ago nothing could go wrong and you were crazy to think about changing up this roster. Now the sky is falling again.

Our problems are the same as ever. Just not enough talent on this team, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

fwiw 2 of the three most likely guys to be traded played pretty well last night.
Lauri struggled though.

You can have a smart system and a smart coach and can help you get some difficult wins but eventually the collective intelligence of the NBA coaching fraternity and scouts figure things out. Plus getting tired and having a high level offense having 3 days to prepare is not a good recipe for a win.

LOL. A few weeks ago this same team was beating everyone.

That is the point. People acted like we were unstoppable when we were winning and now we’re the worst team ever. It’s the same team.

There are always ups and downs during the season, it’s never as good or as bad as it seems.

That is the point. People acted like we were unstoppable when we were winning and now we’re the worst team ever. It’s the same team.

There are always ups and downs during the season, it’s never as good or as bad as it seems.
We’re still in the play-in and we have two weak opponents coming up.