What's new

Game Thread Jan 26, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Suns

Added to Calendar: 01-26-22

Maybe Avery is 16. Maybe he worded it wrong. Your mind went to him perving on a high-schooler. Mine didn't. I took it as a general comment. What if he said "this team is teasing me like a high school crush"? Would you scold him for having a crush on a high school girl?

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app
I think everyone can remember a prom or other kind of date teasing, or at least what we thought was teasing, so we get the reference without being all a huge group of pedophiles.

Could have said teasing like a dog waiting for a 3-year-old to drop their ice cream cone. We aren't dogs or 3-year-olds but we can picture and/or remember what something like that may be like.

Harmless.

Maybe Avery is 16. Maybe he worded it wrong. Your mind went to him perving on a high-schooler. Mine didn't. I took it as a general comment. What if he said "this team is teasing me like a high school crush"? Would you scold him for having a crush on a high school girl?
Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app
Avery has been posting here for over a decade. Since 2010. That means he would have had to start posting at age 6 for it to be appropriate for him to be talking about high school aged girls.

If no one else in his life is willing to tell him that, I’m here to do it for him. I started posting here when I was 14ish, and Jazz Fanz helped me correct some incorrect beliefs I had in my life.

So… if anyone is over the age of 18, you should stop making jokes about girls at prom.

Any questions?

Avery has been posting here for over a decade. Since 2010. That means he would have had to start posting at age 6 for it to be appropriate for him to be talking about high school aged girls.

If no one else in his life is willing to tell him that, I’m here to do it for him. I started posting here when I was 14ish, and Jazz Fanz helped me correct some incorrect beliefs I had in my life.

So… if anyone is over the age of 18, you should stop making jokes about girls at prom.

Any questions?

What is projection?​

Has someone ever told you to stop projecting your feelings onto them? While projecting is often reserved for the world of psychology, there’s a good chance you’ve heard the term used in arguments and heated discussions when people feel attacked.
But what does projection actually mean in this sense? According to Karen R. Koenig, M.Ed, LCSW, projection refers to unconsciously taking unwanted emotions or traits you don’t like about yourself and attributing them to someone else.

What is projection?​

Has someone ever told you to stop projecting your feelings onto them? While projecting is often reserved for the world of psychology, there’s a good chance you’ve heard the term used in arguments and heated discussions when people feel attacked.
But what does projection actually mean in this sense? According to Karen R. Koenig, M.Ed, LCSW, projection refers to unconsciously taking unwanted emotions or traits you don’t like about yourself and attributing them to someone else.
Where did you get that reference? Share the link, I want to read more.

Somewhere in the past week or two I listened to a podcast, or book, or something that I can’t remember, that talked about men needing to man up and not allow for cheap, gross humor in their circles. I realized I need to do better at this, and this prom comment was my first opportunity to speak up (not that I’m in the JazzFanz community all that much right now and not that my other circles have a lot of this type of behavior.)

Maybe LogGrad’s take is correct and I’m just being sensitive cause of that lecture I recently listened to.

Somewhere in the past week or two I listened to a podcast, or book, or something that I can’t remember, that talked about men needing to man up and not allow for cheap, gross humor in their circles. I realized I need to do better at this, and this prom comment was my first opportunity to speak up (not that I’m in the JazzFanz community all that much right now and not that my other circles have a lot of this type of behavior.)

Maybe LogGrad’s take is correct and I’m just being sensitive cause of that lecture I recently listened to.

All good. You should speak out. But make sure you do it correctly before accusing someone of being a pedophile.

Kudos for your reaction JFFR. Instead of overreacting and getting defensive you kept an open mind and considered this from different angles. The world could use a lot more of this from all of us!

And for the record my takes are always correct. Just ask me!

:D

Wearing a low-cut dress is not teasing, and saying that it is puts the onus on women to police men's reactions.

Now, can we get back to basketball?