What's new

Game Thread Jan 27, 2024 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Hornets

Added to Calendar: 01-27-24

What an absolute turd 2nd half. We took the foot off the gas a bit, Hornets threw on them more ball pressure, and our playmaking and ball movement died like that. The bench was a pos. Ugly, ugly win, but win is a win.

That was a pretty easy game ngl. We came out so hot from 3 that we were effectively able to put the game out of reach before halftime. Few thoughts:
  • First time I've had an extended look at Brandon Miller. He is very good and that poster on Walker was filthy, but Dunn made his life miserable when they were matched up.
  • Our starting 5 dominated against theirs, but our bench as a unit didnt really have it tonight. I'm sort of surprised that the +- is not more lopsided between the units.
  • PJ Washington had himself a game. Was always in ther right spots and shot like Steph at the end. Made the final score less embarrasing for them, but it felt all cosmetic.
  • Our rim defense sucked and whenever they got the ball down there they scored and we offered little resistance.
  • Lauri was just money all game. Sexton was also unconcious at the start also. Our top end is just way better than theirs.
Felt like a schedule win, despite being a road game. Good effort and pace at the start which carried us despite the lackadaisical cruising in the 2nd half.

That was a pretty easy game ngl. We came out so hot from 3 that we were effectively able to put the game out of reach before halftime. Few thoughts:
  • First time I've had an extended look at Brandon Miller. He is very good and that poster on Walker was filthy, but Dunn made his life miserable when they were matched up.
  • Our starting 5 dominated against theirs, but our bench as a unit didnt really have it tonight. I'm sort of surprised that the +- is not more lopsided between the units.
  • PJ Washington had himself a game. Was always in ther right spots and shot like Steph at the end. Made the final score less embarrasing for them, but it felt all cosmetic.
  • Our rim defense sucked and whenever they got the ball down there they scored and we offered little resistance.
  • Lauri was just money all game. Sexton was also unconcious at the start also. Our top end is just way better than theirs.
Felt like a schedule win, despite being a road game. Good effort and pace at the start which carried us despite the lackadaisical cruising in the 2nd half.
I think anyone who has the hornets is a schedule win

Sexton had 13 assists last night.

Career high?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Indeed.

This is the way he should be playing EVERY night. This do-it-all Sexton is much more valuable than the small gunner who dribbles into the trees without a plan.
Helps when he is given big minutes too.
Sometimes he is moving the ball great and has like 5 assists in the first half but only ends up playing 26 minutes or something.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk