What's new

Game Thread Jan 29, 2024 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Nets

Added to Calendar: 01-29-24

Nets are one of the most unpredictable teams. They can bug/beat the best teams by playing great all around defense and lose to the worst teams by being totally inept offensively.

I have no idea what version we get, especially now that Simmons is on track to play. They are without DFS though.

The nets are *** and have a losing record at home. We suck on the road but have been better as the season progressed so I'm confident we win this.

The 7-9 seeds in the West have been playing mediocre as of late and so here's to climbing out of the crap seed and into the HCA for the stupid-*** play-in.

Feels like an important game. If we're going to stay in the playoff 6 seed hunt (should be our goal imo) then we need to win the winnable games. Our next game is a potential schedule loss, and then we have 3 tough games at home, so we really need this one.
Agreed. Looking at the bright side Knicks are dealing with some injuries with Randle being out and Hartenstein possibly on limited minutes so i could see us taking that game pretty damn comfortably if Markkanen and Sexton continue with their insanely efficient play.

Fixed a typo in the year.
While technically you are correct... the current Mr. Beast will be president in 2030 I was referring to a different Mr. Beast. In 5 years Mr. Beast will be the most popular baby name amongst boys and girls.

Agreed. Looking at the bright side Knicks are dealing with some injuries with Randle being out and Hartenstein possibly on limited minutes so i could see us taking that game pretty damn comfortably if Markkanen and Sexton continue with their insanely efficient play.

Yeah, I'm looking more in to it and it looks more winnable than I thought. The Knicks play tonight as well, so they won't have a rest advantage. It's still our last game of a long road trip against a decent team, so I'm not going to expect a win.

While technically you are correct... the current Mr. Beast will be president in 2030 I was referring to a different Mr. Beast. In 5 years Mr. Beast will be the most popular baby name amongst boys and girls.
Every single time I see your posts I read your nickname "Hangleton's Heros". I really need to force myself to focus to read it correctly... :D

Every single time I see your posts I read your nickname "Hangleton's Heros". I really need to force myself to focus to read it correctly... :D
Haha I see it and think of an UDFA from Western Michigan, one Ben Handlogten, a Jazzman for a not-so-hot minute some 20 years ago, making delicious, loaded sandwiches.

I read it as Handlogten's Herpes
Oh gosh, now I'm seeing Ben of W Mich preparing a sandwich while in the throes of viral shedding.
Ok, but enough. Hopefully HH is OK with a little fun with the name.

As for the game. I just hate distractions. Simmons back is one. It's not like Kobe's last game distraction of course but it's like will the Nets now suddenly play out of their minds bc this guy's back? Just give me a drama free win against a team we should beat. Give me continued excellent play and solid decision making by Sexton.

Last edited: