What's new

Game Thread Jan 29, 2024 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Nets

Added to Calendar: 01-29-24

I haven't really found the time to be watching games much lately, just following scores. What the hell happened recently? We got to .500 then forgot how to defense or something? Some ugly *** performances lately.

Anyone wanna update a layman on the current status of the team?

I haven't really found the time to be watching games much lately, just following scores. What the hell happened recently? We got to .500 then forgot how to defense or something? Some ugly *** performances lately.

Anyone wanna update a layman on the current status of the team?

Truth is, we never really learned how to play defense. The hot streak was propped up by some insane offensive and clutch performances.

I don't remember 140+ being dropped on our heads regularly though...
Our defense on the perimeter has been putrid lately against good 3PT shooting teams. Against the Pelicans and Nets they were taking and making pretty easy shots from the perimeter. Some falling asleep and some going under screens have been issues.

Well, Sexton reverted to hero ball. Playing from behind brought out what is inherent in him. IMO he will never change. His skill, energy, and heart have gotten him this far.

One moment, thinking with my head, I say trade him. Nothing personal. Business to run. He is simply not big enough to play the way he plays. For spurts yes but not for long consistent stretches, say, a playoff series.

The next moment I think with my heart. Keep him, be it 6th man, starter, whatever, bc what he does bring is rather unique and maybe one day soon it all *consistently* clicks.

On to the Knicks. I'll be thinking with my heart.

I threw up a little in my mouth as I gave this a thumbs up, but last nights version of Ben would make us so much better. Executing passes, defending, driving and kicking, rebounding, everything we need and no me first mentality on offense.
Yeah, can't stand Simmons, but he is so good at what he can do.
Still, waiting for him to miss games and or be played off the court in crunch times.

Well, Sexton reverted to hero ball. Playing from behind brought out what is inherent in him. IMO he will never change. His skill, energy, and heart have gotten him this far.

One moment, thinking with my head, I say trade him. Nothing personal. Business to run. He is simply not big enough to play the way he plays. For spurts yes but not for long consistent stretches, say, a playoff series.

The next moment I think with my heart. Keep him, be it 6th man, starter, whatever, bc what he does bring is rather unique and maybe one day soon it all *consistently* clicks.

Trade him after one bad game. lol.

Sexton led the team in assists with 7 in 24 minutes
Also tied for 5th in field goal attempts.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Also tied for 5th in field goal attempts.
That's not a good thing. Five of his shots were awful. Running right to Claxton with no advantage for easy blocks, others barely able to even hit the backboard etc. Sexton can be brilliant when he plays with his eyes open. When he just pre-decides to drive into the trees and chuck something up, whatever happens during the drive, he can be pretty bad.

That's not a good thing. Five of his shots were awful. Running right to Claxton with no advantage for easy blocks, others barely able to even hit the backboard etc. Sexton can be brilliant when he plays with his eyes open. When he just pre-decides to drive into the trees and chuck something up, whatever happens during the drive, he can be pretty bad.

Hero ball typically correlates with tons of shots and low assists.
Just pointing out that neither thing was part of sextons game last night.

7 assists and leading the team in assists is a good thing imo.

Was also a team high in plus/minus
Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Last edited: