What's new

Game Thread Jan 30, 2024 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Knicks

Added to Calendar: 01-30-24

Look no further than the turnover discrepancy. That’s the real reason we lost tonight.

Let's just call the guys out... Clarkson 3 in 31 min, Dunn 3 in 17 min. Sexton 2 in 27, George 2 in 22, KO, Kessler, Fonz, Collins 1.

16 min iskindof ridiculous in a loss like this. Let the young man play.
Ya 4 blocks and 7 rebounds in 16 minutes is pretty nice. Even went 2-2 from the line.
Ride pine baby

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Look no further than the turnover discrepancy. That’s the real reason we lost tonight.

Let's just call the guys out... Clarkson 3 in 31 min, Dunn 3 in 17 min. Sexton 2 in 27, George 2 in 22, KO, Kessler, Fonz, Collins 1.
Off-ball movement is almost non-existent.
Calling out the guys is all well and good, but the second (str8line) quote makes that also a team effort. It looked like the whole team had trouble setting and using screens (on and off the ball). Defense also just isn't there, but the number of assists has taken a dive. Makes it look even worse if you look at the teams total assist to TO-ratio.

Last edited:
I don't put too much weight on this stretch of games. Early in the road tour, match got postponed for opponent's coach dying. Can't be easy to be ten more days on road with all the trade talks and that.
Good points. I needed them.
Now I have to listen to some insufferable Knicks fans I know.

Last edited:
14 TO is not bad. We used to have 22.

these past 2 games Lauri was inefficient. 4/12 - 13 pts yesterday and 5/14 - 14 pts today. It’s very un-Lauri like. We are not gonna win a lot of games if he score like this.

And our shooters need to make their shots. Clarkson and keyonte is 5/21 from 3 these past 2 games. 23%

Feels like a typical Jazz game as of late (I guess a typical NBA game, really). You dig a hole and go down by ~15-20, then work your way (almost) back, then it takes just a smallish run to break the morale. That stretch in the 3rd with 3 straight TOs and a couple of missed shots took all the air out of the Jazz.

let's wait Feb 8th to see where we are. Still not very clear. We could end in play-in and finish just outside. Kind of strange strategy for me.

Was always going to be a super tough game. Last game of a long road trip and b2b. Plus Knicks have been great, even without Randle.

Looks like no Embiid for the Sixers and I think there's a good chance of taking 2/3 at the home stand. And then we'll all be feeling 180 degrees different again. Let's see.

Hopefully these last few games have showed management that we need to still be focusing on the rebuild going into the trade deadline rather than the playoffs. If we make the playoffs giving the young guys heavy minutes then great but they need to be force fed minutes at this point in time.

Hopefully these last few games have showed management that we need to still be focusing on the rebuild going into the trade deadline rather than the playoffs. If we make the playoffs giving the young guys heavy minutes then great but they need to be force fed minutes at this point in time.
So you'd sit Lauri the rest of the way?

So you'd sit Lauri the rest of the way?
He is saying that guys like kessler, ochai, hendricks etc should get more minutes while guys like Clarkson, KO, collins should get less. I agree. Also that the trade deadline should be more about trading guys like KO, Clarkson, collins for picks/young guys with potential rather than trying to get murray or something.