What's new

Game Thread Jan 30, 2024 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Knicks

Added to Calendar: 01-30-24

Me me me ball = no assists or team play.

As predicted, 1 guy dribbles 20 sec and boom.
We would have been better off when the the later if it meant no turnovers. Hard to do a lot of passing and playmaking when you are constantly turning it over

We would have been better off when the the later if it meant no turnovers. Hard to do a lot of passing and playmaking when you are constantly turning it over
Good point.
Sexton with only 2 turnovers helped him rack up 7 assists to go along with his 22 points in 27 minutes. He had a great game last night. Give him 35 minutes last night and we are likely looking at a 27 point, 10 assist kind of game from him. Which is kind of the norm lately from him.

A lot of the turnovers weren't because of passing attempts within the team offense. Just having your pocket picked, bad hand-offs, running into traffic and picking up the dribble and then throwing it into the crowd plus some crazy lob trys.

Crazy Stat: Dunn only shot 2 FTs in 16 January games.

It's insane how allergic Dunn is to driving layups. At least twice per game he gets a relatively open look at a layup attempt and he just can't do it.

At one point, can't remember if it was the Brooklyn or Charlotte game, he had a literal wide open lane going to his left and he had to slow down so much to do a right handed layup on the left side it let the defense recover and swat him off the backboard.

Granted yes been good at a lot of the other stuff, but the layup stuff just drives me insane watching a guy as athletic/long/physical as him just have no ability to finish (even attempt 80% of the time) fairly routine NBA layups.

Thank goodness the road trip is over. What a couple of stinkers in a row. Pretty sure that Hardy never imposed a curfew!

Also, it felt like Clarkson was intentionally playing poorly. I think he likes it here and absolutely does not want to go to the Knicks to play for Thibs.