What's new

Jan Vesely for President

Hipporippo

We will have a hole at SF when the Jazz decide not to re-sign AK. Who better to replace AK than a stronger, younger, healthier player built from the same mold? Plus, chances are that Vesely won't have the same psychological issues that limited AK's potential.

Few people remember that in AK's early years, he was WORTH the contract the Jazz signed him to. He was a budding star.

At 6'11" and 240 lbs, this guy Vesely runs the court like a young AK (who is only 6'9" and was only 210 lbs when he came in the league) and gets up as high as Dwight Howard on his dunks/blocked shots. He can add a lot of length from the weak side to protect the basket if/when Milsap/Jefferson can't contain his man. And, per report, he can knock down the open shot.

Buying into the Bismack hype is worrisome as he is SO undersized for a C at 6'8" 240lbs--even with a 7'7" reach. He is an athletic specimen and plays bigger than he is. But, we are already loaded with people trying to play bigger than they are. If, at the combine, he measures in a little bit taller (around 6'10" and only because of his reach) I wouldn't be against taking him with the 6th pick as a defensive-minded center. But, I don't want him at 6'8" for PF because we already have FAVORS.

Last edited:
Take it to the stupid idea thread. Last thing we need is a Euro.

We need a strong and athletic American black kid...with slight mental issues...and who grew up in the ghetto with no father.

I don't think I could root for a guy names Jan.

**** you pal...

jan-michael-vincent-today.jpg

We will have a hole at SF when the Jazz decide not to re-sign AK. Who better to replace AK than a stronger, younger, healthier player built from the same mold? Plus, chances are that Vesely won't have the same psychological issues that limited AK's potential.

Few people remember that in AK's early years, he was WORTH the contract the Jazz signed him to. He was a budding star.

At 6'11" and 240 lbs, this guy Vesely runs the court like a young AK (who is only 6'9" and was only 210 lbs when he came in the league) and gets up as high as Dwight Howard on his dunks/blocked shots. He can add a lot of length from the weak side to protect the basket if/when Milsap/Jefferson can't contain his man. And, per report, he can knock down the open shot.

Buying into the Bismack hype is worrisome as he is SO undersized for a C at 6'8" 240lbs--even with a 7'7" reach. He is an athletic specimen and plays bigger than he is. But, we are already loaded with people trying to play bigger than they are. If, at the combine, he measures in a little bit taller (around 6'10") I wouldn't be against taking him with the 6th pick as a defensive-minded center. But, I don't want him at 6'8" for PF because we already have FAVORS.

He's 6'9", not 6"8" and unless I'm mistaken, players don't play with the tops of their heads but rather their outstretched arms and hands.

Also, I like Vesely but only if he promises to continue with 50% FT shooting. Jesus.

We need a strong and athletic American black kid...with slight mental issues...and who grew up in the ghetto with no father.

I'd add that said Hopper have a posse, a record, and the potential for a substance abuse problem. Okay, maybe not the last part.

I think a lineup including:

C: Jefferson/Favors
PF:Favors/Milsap
SF: Vesely/Milsap
SG:Hayward/Miles
PG:Harris/

Let's say you interchange Vesely and Milsap. That makes a HUGE difference in overall length of the team on the defensive end. You can start Milsap at the 3 against some teams (but not many given his foot spead). But, he should not be a starting 4 on our team when our center is only 6'10"

He's 6'9", not 6"8" and unless I'm mistaken, players don't play with the tops of their heads but rather their outstretched arms and hands.

Also, I like Vesely but only if he promises to continue with 50% FT shooting. Jesus.

Bismack has 50% free throw shooting AND can't shoot from the perimeter. Vesely makes a good percentage of his perimeter shots during play.

Plus, I have seen sites quote Biyombo's height as 6'7" without shoes. Giving him 2 extra inches in shoes to 6'9" doesn't seem right. I have taken to giving all players 1 extra inch in shoes regardless of what sneaker brand they wear. I guess we'll see how big he is at the combine.

Players don't block shots with their, heads. But, they do put on weight and defend the paint with their bodies. Even at 6'9" 240, he is UNDERSIZED for a CENTER. The Jazz don't need him at PF. We have Favors (and Jef and Milsap).

Last edited:

Let's say you interchange Vesely and Milsap. That makes a HUGE difference in overall length of the team on the defensive end. You can start Milsap at the 3 against some teams (but not many given his foot spead). But, he should not be a starting 4 on our team when our center is only 6'10"

Mine as well go ahead and do it. Add the Jimmer to the PG slot.

I've only just seen him play on Youtube, but I like the idea of taking Vesely over Smack. If we have an undersized C and an undersized PF, we have to have an oversized SF. He kinda reminds me of Tom Chambers.

well, OK, so if they go with a Jimmer, a Jan, and a Gordon - - what others names would be good to round out the starting line-up? I think a Rondo would fit in nicely...

At the risk of this devolving into another Jimmer thread, if he is available at 12, I'd take him.

You must be illin! :) If we take a big man/wing at 6 not sure who will be much better than Jimmer at 12. T Jones and Burks probably gone. Thompson and Faried undersized PFs. Maybe Hamilton but sounds a bit like a shot jacker.

Hippo, I appreciate your effort in starting this thread. No, really. Do me a favor, now, and log the **** out of your account. Once done, please email the admins and have them delete your account.

Vesely could walk onto Rucker Park today and be the best athlete on the court by a mile. I don't know if he can play in the NBA, but he'd have the full respect of any inner city pickup game in less than 10 seconds.

Vesely could walk onto Rucker Park today and be the best athlete on the court by a mile. I don't know if he can play in the NBA, but he'd have the full respect of any inner city pickup game in less than 10 seconds.

Whats his mental state like?

Does he have much of a 3 point shoot, or a decent shoot? What about a decent passing game? What about using his height to his advantage? Will he be like a Dirk Nowinski (don't know how to spell his last name :) And when can he come over and play? If hes decent at all of the above and still pretty young, I totally think he's worth a number 6 pick. Hayward a 6'8" Sg, Vesely 6'11" SF, dang I like that!!