What's new

Jan Vesely for President

With his contract situation I wouldn't be surprised to see him slip out of the top ten, if teams are legitimately considering him there.

What contract situation? link? Are you sure you are not thinking about Jonas V? He does have a buyout problem.

I think Leonard and Jones are both better prospects for the present and future of the team. They are already better at everything besides dunking, and they can dunk pretty damn good themselves too.

Dang he's under contract until 2013. He seems promising but will he be worth the wait? I just hope Utah wont have to worry about it. Because, they end up getting the 1st pick :)

Dang he's under contract until 2013. He seems promising but will he be worth the wait? I just hope Utah wont have to worry about it. Because, they end up getting the 1st pick :)

If he has a doable buyout he might still be able to come over next season (of course that is if there is a next season). Lets say if it is a million we could pay 500,000 of that and he could pay 500,000. Everyone's favorite Fes had to be bought out.

If he has a doable buyout he might still be able to come over next season (of course that is if there is a next season). Lets say if it is a million we could pay 500,000 of that and he could pay 500,000. Everyone's favorite Fes had to be bought out.

Just tried finding his buyout but no success :( I just want the Jazz to put together a team and start building that chemistry. When Lakers fall, The Jazz, will be there to take there spot!

Byiombo measured 6'7'' 3/4 without shoes. He will be listed at 6'9'' even if he only adds 1 inch with his shoes on. BTW that's a height of a prototypical PF in draft express's mesurement history. But his wingspan is almost 5 inches above average for a C and his standing reach which is more important than height anyways is more than 1 inch above average for a C.

For instance Favors standing reach is 9'2'' and Howard's 9'3'' 1/2. Byiombo's is 9'3''.

Byiombo measured 6'7'' 3/4 without shoes. He will be listed at 6'9'' even if he only adds 1 inch with his shoes on. BTW that's a height of a prototypical PF in draft express's mesurement history. But his wingspan is almost 5 inches above average for a C and his standing reach which is more important than height anyways is more than 1 inch above average for a C.

For instance Favors standing reach is 9'2'' and Howard's 9'3'' 1/2. Byiombo's is 9'3''.

From NBADraft.net on Biyombo

NBA Comparison: Olumide Oyedeji/ Larry Sanders

Now that's a resounding endorsement

Also

... Has an uphill battle after many recent African players before him (Yinka Dare, Saer Sene, John Riek, Kene Obi, etc) have struggled to live up to their hype ...

Starting to see a trend here with African NBA players in recent years? Other than Ibaka, all have been busts. Lot's of freaky athleticism and length but no basketball skill.

From NBADraft.net on Biyombo

Now that's a resounding endorsement

Also

Starting to see a trend here with African NBA players in recent years? Other than Ibaka, all have been busts. Lot's of freaky athleticism and length but no basketball skill.

Good thing the Rockets didnt worry about that with Hakeem.

As European, I´m Spanish fan of Utah Jazz and obviously I watch a lot of european basket Vesely is NOT the pick...at least at 6, and for me neither 12

In last year He´s not improve his play

For example Donatas Motiejunas is every day best player and He has for sure nba talent and skills
Last game AWESOME 31 pts, 14 rbs and 5 steals ( italy lega MVP )
https://195.56.77.208/game/?id=64365

Motiejunas will be top 5 sure ( good thing for our team ), Vesely is the same level player 1 year ago...

Vesely reminds me too much of Joe Alexander: No position, athletic, no handles, no idea what his role will be in the NBA. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't want us to draft him based on what I've seen.

His free throw shooting scares the heck out of me. For crying out loud, I shot 69% on free throws for the season as a freshman in Junior High.

Yeah, its pretty mind boggling. He isnt even that terrible of a jump shooter. I wonder if its mechanics or if he just gets really nervous at the line.

The man still has plenty of time to work out his stroke. He's 21 so that doesn't really bother me much