What's new

Jaylen Brown

Jazz don't need to take a risk on a player who is verbally expressing how he does not like playing in certain markets that limit his expression. Utah is that kind of market. We just had a superstar publicly complain about it.

Do your due diligence and ask of course, but I'd put a lot of money on the answer.
I agree with that part. Same reason we shouldn't have considered and shouldn't consider Jerami Grant. But I do get the feeling Brown might be okay in SLC, but yeah do some due diligence before any risk. That's why I said you need to think you have a decent chance of retaining him.

I agree with that part. Same reason we shouldn't have considered and shouldn't consider Jerami Grant. But I do get the feeling Brown might be okay in SLC, but yeah do some due diligence before any risk. That's why I said you need to think you have a decent chance of retaining him.
The Grant stuff is different because it was more like "oh I'm going here because this is cool and I identify with this thing" not "I hate playing in cities where a large portion of fans act like x". Maybe Grant got to do his thing and enjoyed it, but now is open to more things?

Ochai and like 5 picks??? Likely a third team tbh that gives a player. A Beal/Brown three team deal maybe... picks going to Washington and Boston... Beal goes to Boston... Brown goes to Utah.

I don't see it happening. I think there will be rumors about it though. If he would extend I would consider it... but I doubt he would be happy here for more than a couple years.

I think this might be a NY, Brooklyn, maybe Miami (herro and all teh picks? Butler and teh picks?). Portland and NO also likely get involved.
I would agree with you on the Ochai plus 5 picks if he had a few years left on his contract, but he only has one year remaining. That reduces trade value a bit.

There is no way I'd give up anything that would interest the Celtics unless he signs an extension. If he did, OTOH...

I would agree with you on the Ochai plus 5 picks if he had a few years left on his contract, but he only has one year remaining. That reduces trade value a bit.
Not if you are bidding against teams he will agree to sign an extension with.

Not if you are bidding against teams he will agree to sign an extension with.
Maybe. Maybe 3 first round picks (including the Lakers one), Ochai, and a MASSIVE trade exception would interest them. I don't think many teams have as much cap space as we will this summer and would be in the market for Brown. They might laugh at us, but it is worth a call.

Theres something going on with the Cs.. Williams said the last play against jazz was designed for Tatum. He is on a 4 game slump in the 4q. He had 15pts and Jaylen 25. Why not draw a play for brown? If he bolts it would be nice to pair him up with lauri

Celtics receive: Brad Beal, Kelly Olynyk, Draft Picks
Wizards receive: Collin Sexton, Ochai Agbaji, THT, Draft picks
Jazz receive: Jaylen Brown, Derrick White