What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

in predictable fashion

can't believe how many of the teams ahead of us are scraping by wins

Yup.
Pelicans have won 7 in a row. 3 of them were in overtime.

"Caris LeVert led the Nets" in points? That's all we need to know. What a terrible team and a completely hopeless organization. That Russian guy killed them dead. I have a pocket full of anger for these useless EC teams. Bucks, Nets, Hawks, etc. I hope we give the Magic another butt-whooping tomorrow. Forty point W last time. Taking my five-year-old daughter to the game. Should be a good one. I'm a little nervous though.

Don’t be nervous

8 in a row. Mirotic with 24 points in 31 minutes, 6/11 threes.

He finally put up good numbers. He has regressed a bit the last month and a half, shooting poorly from 3 (28%) with not much else to offer. Wondering if it's a system thing or just cooling off as we all expected.

with not much else to offer.

I think his blocked shots and rebounding have increased. Seems like often when I check the box score he has double digit rebounds and often has like 4 blocks or something.

I think his blocked shots and rebounding have increased. Seems like often when I check the box score he has double digit rebounds and often has like 4 blocks or something.

My bad, I meant on offense. He was attacking the basket, making cuts and getting to the FT a bit more in Chicago this year. He was a more effective and dynamic offensive player. His shot not falling recently hasn't helped.

His rebounding has been pretty solid all season although his defensive rebounding rate has declined a bit since the trade, from about 24% to 20% per NBA.com. But that's could also be the result of playing next to AD. Him blocking shots is a plus but I would pay more attention in his ability to stay in front of guys in the perimeter.

I still like him and hopefully the Jazz trade for him. They coaching staff would find ways to use him more effectively.

Today
Blazers @ Lakers. Lakers are on a roll. Let it continue.
Grizzlies @ Spurs. No chance.
Magic @ Jazz. Can't lose this one obviously.

Tomorrow
Rockets @ Thunder. Go Floppers... I mean Rockets!
Nuggets @ Mavs. No chance.
Pelicans @ Clippers. Nice! One of them is losing.

Wednesday
Jazz @ Pacers. If we don't play much better than we've been lately, this is a loss.
Pelicans @ Kings. No chance.
Cavs @ Nuggets. Cavs probably are not even the favorites.

So, 1 guaranteed loss for Clippers or Pelicans, one probable loss for the Thunder. We MUST win @ Indiana.

He finally put up good numbers. He has regressed a bit the last month and a half, shooting poorly from 3 (28%) with not much else to offer. Wondering if it's a system thing or just cooling off as we all expected.
Shhhhh.... pls don’t spoil infection’s narrative

Looking at schedules, recent play and such... I think we are most likely to catch LAC and San Antonio. SA schedule is pretty brutal. Our last game against them is critical, but they could fall off a cliff. We already have the tie breaker against them.

The game we have at SA and Clips at home may determine if we make it. Beat the clips and we have the tie breaker. Lose and we still likely have the tie breaker, but it will be close.

Looking at schedules, recent play and such... I think we are most likely to catch LAC and San Antonio. SA schedule is pretty brutal. Our last game against them is critical, but they could fall off a cliff. We already have the tie breaker against them.

The game we have at SA and Clips at home may determine if we make it. Beat the clips and we have the tie breaker. Lose and we still likely have the tie breaker, but it will be close.

Wild card for the Spurs is Leonard. If he comes back and plays like Kawhi then no dont see us catching them. Sounds like he is having problems getting his shoe deal done. May be an incentive for him to come back and play.

Wild card for the Spurs is Leonard. If he comes back and plays like Kawhi then no dont see us catching them. Sounds like he is having problems getting his shoe deal done. May be an incentive for him to come back and play.
i think it's an incentive for him to leave when he's a free agent. Kwahi with one of the LA teams is my guess.

That's what is so special about Mitchell. He seems to be transcending the small market barrier. Malone did to some extent. Stockton didnt want notoriety. It will be interesting to see how many televised games Utah gets next year.

That's what is so special about Mitchell. He seems to be transcending the small market barrier. Malone did to some extent. Stockton didnt want notoriety. It will be interesting to see how many televised games Utah gets next year.

Getting into the playoffs is crucial in this respect. No one really knew who Hayward was until he was in the playoffs. Then, all of the sudden, he was the missing piece for Celtic contention. Even better if we put ourselves in a position to not be swept.

Even though it's nice to only be four games out of the three spot, we are really running out of time to make up these 3 and 4 game deficits. We can't lose many more games.

i think it's an incentive for him to leave when he's a free agent. Kwahi with one of the LA teams is my guess.

He’s eligible for the super duper max with SA so I doubt he’s going anywhere. His shoe deal issue is driven by the fact that he’s the most boring player ever.

The difference in money between a regular max and super max is much bigger than the difference he’ll get in endorsements.

I think the guy just isn’t 100% and is so aloof that no one knows what the heck is going on.