What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
This thread was the 2018 JazzFanz Award Winner for Thread of the Year!

#TakeNote
UtahJazzLogos_Animation2.gif

This man wants to know if you are ready. Are you?
gettyimages-610891316.jpg

A new hero has arrived to help lead us!
45donovanmitchell.jpg

Our home is renewed
Vivint-Arena-Blue-Seats-banner-750x350.png

The west is afraid after the noise we made last season. The have brought in as many allstars as they could to stop us! We will not be denied! Gobert, Mitchell, Hood, Rubio and Snyder are ready for an ice pick fight. Are you?

ESPN Standings
http://www.espn.com/nba/standings
1. Rockets 62-15
2. Warriors 56-21(6)
3. Blazers 48-29(14)
4. Spurs 45-32(17)
5. Thunder 45-33(17.5)
6. Jazz 44-33(18)
7. Wolves 44-34(18.5)
8. Pelicans 43-34(19)

9. Nuggets 42-35(20)
10. Clippers 41-36(21)
11. Lakers 33-43(28.5)
12. Kings 25-53(37.5)
13. Mavs 23-54(39)
14. Grizzlies 21-56(41)
15. Suns 19-59(43.5)

Power Rankings

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/pag...-do-all-30-teams-stand-all-star-break-week-19

Jazz check in at 10th!

"The reverberations inside the concrete bunker on South Temple are feverish again, as the Jazz have ripped off 11 consecutive wins. On the eve of the streak, Utah ranked 18th in offensive efficiency and 14th in defensive efficiency. Now, it's 13th and sixth, respectively. Four Utah starters have compiled a true shooting percentage better than 60 during the streak. The one who hasn't? Donovan Mitchell, who's doing just fine, thank you.."

Will update as the season goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my favorite thread the last few years. Keep up the good work stoked.

I love when you post the games that matter for the jazz playoffs and we discuss who we want to win and why.

I dedicate the first post about the days results and upcoming games to [MENTION=840]fishonjazz[/MENTION]

Last night the Rockets beat the Warriors by 1 point despite CP3 being unable to find the basket.

Tonight's games:

Nuggets @ Jazz
Pelicans @ Grizzlies (to close to call at this point)
Wolves @ Spurs (another win win)
Blazers @ Suns (Suns are not competition, Blazers might be)
Rockets @ Kings (Balance out their win last night, plus I hate them)

OP updated with standings and Power rankings.

I dedicate the first post about the days results and upcoming games to [MENTION=840]fishonjazz[/MENTION]

Last night the Rockets beat the Warriors by 1 point despite CP3 being unable to find the basket.

Tonight's games:

Nuggets @ Jazz
Pelicans @ Grizzlies (to close to call at this point)
Wolves @ Spurs (another win win)
Blazers @ Suns (Suns are not competition, Blazers might be)
Rockets @ Kings (Balance out their win last night, plus I hate them)

OP updated with standings and Power rankings.
Agree with your picks. That pelicans vs grizzlies game is a true toss up. In the past few years we would have easily wanted the pelicans to win but this year i expect memphis to be a bit worse and i expect the pelicans to be a bit better.
Im still rooting for the pelicans cause i still think memphis is a tiny bit better.

LOL at the warriors being in last place currently btw.

Agree with your picks. That pelicans vs grizzlies game is a true toss up. In the past few years we would have easily wanted the pelicans to win but this year i expect memphis to be a bit worse and i expect the pelicans to be a bit better.
Im still rooting for the pelicans cause i still think memphis is a tiny bit better.

LOL at the warriors being in last place currently btw.

I pretty much agree with you take on the Pelicans/Grizzlies game. Hard to get a feel for them right now. I will need to see how they shake out before I start making real calls on them.

[MENTION=1988]Stoked[/MENTION]
sticky please

I pretty much agree with you take on the Pelicans/Grizzlies game. Hard to get a feel for them right now. I will need to see how they shake out before I start making real calls on them.

I don't believe in the Pelicans at all. I mean somebody has to live in the cellar in the West, I can see no reason why it shouldn't be them.

I don't believe in the Pelicans at all. I mean somebody has to live in the cellar in the West, I can see no reason why it shouldn't be them.

The west cellar will be owned by the Suns and Kings IMO. Pelicans have Davis and Cousins. And will be feed most of the season by Rondo. Jazz are clearly better IMO but the Pelicans will be decent.

Comparing the Jazz's roster to last year:

Rubio/Mitchell > Hill/Mack

Healthy Favors > Unhealthy Favors

Udoh > Jeff Withey

Healthy Burks > Unhealthy Burks

This year's Gobert looks equal to or better than last year's Gobert.

The only thing we're dealing with is the loss of Hayward and the effect of giving those touches to Hood, Johnson, Burks and Mitchell.

A line-up with Hood, Joe Johnson, Gobert and Mitchell should have plenty of offense.

I still think the Jazz should end up above 45 wins.