What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

Comparing the Jazz's roster to last year:

Rubio/Mitchell > Hill/Mack

Healthy Favors > Unhealthy Favors

Udoh > Jeff Withey

Healthy Burks > Unhealthy Burks

This year's Gobert looks equal to or better than last year's Gobert.

The only thing we're dealing with is the loss of Hayward and the effect of giving those touches to Hood, Johnson, Burks and Mitchell.

A line-up with Hood, Joe Johnson, Gobert and Mitchell should have plenty of offense.

I still think the Jazz should end up above 45 wins.

Gobert looks better on offense than last year.

But we did lose the elephant ballerina.

Jazz win their season opener over the Nuggets. A team some had being ahead of the Jazz. This win could matter as a tiebreaker later.

Choo choo!!!

Last night's recap:

JAZZ WIN!!!!!!! Woot woot! The Spurs, Grizzlies, Blazers and Rockets also won.

Nuggets, Pelicans, Wolves, Mavs, Suns and Kings lost.

Tonight's games to keep an eye on:

Knicks @ Thunder
Clippers @ Lakers ( I think the Clips are far bigger a threat than the Lakers but I cannot root for the Lakers.) Can the building burn down?

OP updated

Last night's recap:

JAZZ WIN!!!!!!! Woot woot! The Spurs, Grizzlies, Blazers and Rockets also won.

Nuggets, Pelicans, Wolves, Mavs, Suns and Kings lost.

Tonight's games to keep an eye on:

Knicks @ Thunder
Clippers @ Lakers ( I think the Clips are far bigger a threat than the Lakers but I cannot root for the Lakers.) Can the building burn down?

OP updated
**** it dude. It's more about love for the jazz than hate for other teams.

I gotta root for Lakers tonight.

**** it dude. It's more about love for the jazz than hate for other teams.

I gotta root for Lakers tonight.

Go L*****...ugh. Go La****. **** man, i'm trying. Go Lake***!

ok...GO ****ERS! Damnit, close enough

I'm the same way. Maybe if it were the last game of the season and a Lakers win would somehow propel the jazz into the playoffs...

Go ****ers lolololololololol
Well done

Last night went as expected. Thunder and Clippers won and the Lakers lost.

Tonight's games:

Jazz @ T-Wolves
Blazers @ Pacers
Warriors @ Pelicans
Lakers @ Suns

Biggest game is clearly the Jazz v T-Wolves

OP updated

Rooting for the Lakers is easy for me this year. The Celtics get their pick if they fall 2-5 in the lottery, and the sixers get 1 and 6-30. There are a handful of teams tanking like a motha, so the Lakers being #1 isn't too likely. Therefore, I gotta root for them to be no worse than 6th in the league, and even better the higher they get, to avoid jumping up.

Last thing I want is the Celtics getting another high pick. If they don't get it this year, they get the king's next year, which likely won't be as good, + it will be a year later.

Well, Jazz should have been 2-1 after three games, with a win against Minny and a loss to OKC - at least on paper. Who would have thought Jazz could shut down Westbrook? And their big-3 definitely showed their frustrations. These "stars" (including Curry and Durant) sure can't handle a bit of adversity. Bunch of cry babys.

I know Mitchell is struggling offensively, but he and Rubio are just so good together on defense. And Udoh...damn! Can we rip up his 2-yr contract and sign him for 4 years?

Jazz with the massive win!! That D though... next is the clips and Jazz should win. 3-1 and a bad pass from being 4-0.

Clippers, Nuggets, Grizzlies, Spurs and Rockets won.

Blazers, Warriors, Suns, Mavs, Thunder and Kings all lost.

Tonight’s games:

T-Wolves @ Thunder (win win)
Pelicans @ Lakers

When is the last time a super star PG rolled into SLC and got shut down? I am sure it has happened a few times in the last few years but it seems like we struggle guarding PGs. This win was nice and really promising. That defense was amazing and led to some easy buckets to keep our offense going even with Hood out.

When is the last time a super star PG rolled into SLC and got shut down? I am sure it has happened a few times in the last few years but it seems like we struggle guarding PGs. This win was nice and really promising. That defense was amazing and led to some easy buckets to keep our offense going even with Hood out.

Jazz shutdown CP3 in game 7.

excited to see this thunder wolves games. Really want to see how thunder respond and how the wolves match up.

I remember the Jazz D really frustrating Wall last year, but point well taken. Love the defense.

tenor.gif

With a shaky offense, this team is bound to be maddeningly inconsistent at times. Going to beat teams like OKC and lose to lesser teams. But what team doesn't? Just look at how the Thunder and Warriors have started.

Hey Nate, who is this Lindsay in whom we should trust?