What's new

Jazz (31-26) vs Hawks (32-23) @EnergySolutionsArena 2/27/13 @7 PM-MT

Good thing Big Al was so clutch to finish the game. His defense was really bad but at least he scored a lot at the end, right?

Good thing Big Al was so clutch to finish the game. His defense was really bad but at least he scored a lot at the end, right?

what about the last few minutes of the first half... who was responsible for breaking the defense and then finishing those plays with baskets, Al, by his lonesome. if we didnt have that, this game would have lost its competitiveness way earlier

clutch isnt something that happens everynight either.

EDIT you guys say al stagnates the offense, but at the end of the 2nd, the offense was failing, and al bailed them out, with double-teams on the way

didnt he make the playoffs last year, arent we going to make the playoffs this year? with one of the youngest rosters...

how do you define 'perennial loser'

We made the playoffs last year and might make them this year BECAUSE of our young roster.

josh smith has 22/11/5 like hes lebron. no mention. everyone blame al....... GO!

Ya but check out the stats of the man that al was guarding: 34 pts, 15 rebounds, 5 blocks.

David Locke had the following in his post game write-up:

"Favors line is great – 17 points, 15 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocks. Josh Smith did finish with 24 and 14 on the other end but he got some of that on Kanter. Favors racks up the numbers and you wonder what he would average if he got this time every night. Not sure it would make this team better from what I saw tonight but Favors is going to get big time numbers whenever he plays."

what in the hell?!?! has he ever said this about Big Al? ever? honestly this pisses me off so bad. Last playoffs Locke was bulging in his pants about Favors never ever coming off the bench again. Now he consistently tells his listeners that Favors is not ready. Then when he has a decent game it's "well not sure he makes the team better, just getting stats"

Starting backcourt 6 points on 9 shots... ITS ALL Als Fault!!

I have not seen anyone (other than maybe dutch) say it is ALL jeffys fault.... you are quite sensitive and over defensive of al.... Why is that?

the silliest thing about these al haters is, for instance (i know you guys are gonna hate this) if you had to guard al, he could back you down, or shoot over you. but i bet hed fake you out of your shoes and spin around you for a wide open layup.

.....if the man guarding him allows him to get position. If not, the entire Jazz offense collapses with Al in the game. Celtics did an extraordinary job of this in crunch time and other smart teams have done the same.

Also, he is great in clutch, it's just when he can't get position, or an entry pass that the ship goes down. Unfortunately that will only get more difficult in the playoffs.

On a side note Favors had a nice line 17,15,3,3 in 38 mins. Small silver lining.

exactly i dont ususally blame ty, but this starting guard lineup of Foye and Watson has gotta go. just doesnt provide enough penetration for us to play our game.

Al was 8-10 in the first half, took a 70 footer a the end of the 2nd quarter. he must have had 5 shot attempts where the offense totally failed and he had to improvise something with 2 seconds on the clock.

you guys are ruthless. Thats a good team we just played!!!!!!

look at the box score and player stats

Teague, Smith and Horford are ballers, were starting 3 bench players, marvin, foye and earl, chill bros

Everyone is a baller when they play against Al.

I have not seen anyone (other than maybe dutch) say it is ALL jeffys fault.... you are quite sensitive and over defensive of al.... Why is that?

i feel as if its well perceived Als not worth his contract or something, hes not great, hes well above league average at 5 - Fact

also horford was drilling 18 footers like it was nothing. cant do much about that, tbh. one of the most impressive horford games ive seen recently, he looked quick and explosive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ImzxUvwB4

way to avoid my question totally btw. whos argument is weak here? i stand and await a reply to my inquiry, unless your scared to try and debunk the al double team, and why nba coaches do it.

Ya jeffy is a good scorer...... so what are you argueing..... nobody says al cant score.
Scoring doesn't make a player good. steph marbury says hello

.....if the man guarding him allows him to get position. If not, the entire Jazz offense collapses with Al in the game. Celtics did an extraordinary job of this in crunch time and other smart teams have done the same.

Also, he is great in clutch, it's just when he can't get position, or an entry pass that the ship goes down. Unfortunately that will only get more difficult in the playoffs.

and your conclusion is he cant get the position, or we cant put enough threats around him, to ease his position? he can improve his position with fakes, reposts, spins, right?

the watson and foye lineup allowed the defense to really bunker down on the paint and quickly double al. he went 8-11 in the first half, mainly under those conditions

what about the last few minutes of the first half... who was responsible for breaking the defense and then finishing those plays with baskets, Al, by his lonesome. if we didnt have that, this game would have lost its competitiveness way earlier

clutch isnt something that happens everynight either.

EDIT you guys say al stagnates the offense, but at the end of the 2nd, the offense was failing, and al bailed them out, with double-teams on the way

exactly al by his LONESOME.
basketball is a TEAMGAME
al is not a team player
hence for al's his 20-10 rebound games he still sucks at basketball

you guys are wishing players get hurt before their contract seasons.

i hope you lose your keys and your wallet and your cellphone. thats not half as nasty as wishing injury on someone, terribad

I would love for myself to tear an acl after making the 100 million or so that al has made in his lifetime.... poor guy

Ya jeffy is a good scorer...... so what are you argueing..... nobody says al cant score.
Scoring doesn't make a player good. steph marbury says hello
Marbury-statue-1b1.jpg

Last month, we told you that Stephon Marbury would be getting his own statue in China. Today, the dream became a reality.

Sunday, the statue was officially unveiled on the lawn of the MasterCard Center, aka Wukesong, where the Beijing Ducks clinched their first-ever CBA championship a month and a half ago. Marbury attended the ceremony with many of his teammates.

Starbury would go on to tweet many things—on varied subjects—including how blessed his life is, how all things are possible through Christ, the implications of his statue on world history and, of course, the debt the United States owes to China. Oh, and Dennis Rodman was there to give some sort of speech. We've cultivated a few of the greater hits.

i'm saying watson at pg sucks.
tinsley sucks
but we have no better option.
i;m saying williams does not score. but hayward was jsut as worse when playing in starting lineup with al.
foye chucks and his shot aint falling.

marvin is the 5th option in a 1 option offense.
so sure his offense will suck