What's new

Jazz 3pt %

SoberasHotRod

1642544764422.png
How many people realized that Royce is our second highest 3pt% leader this year?
Will Donovan and Clarkson catch fire at some?
So far joining the Jazz has not helped Gay or Paschall's shooting %
How is possible for Joe to have such a steep drop off?

View attachment 11584
How many people realized that Royce is our second highest 3pt% leader this year?
Will Donovan and Clarkson catch fire at some?
So far joining the Jazz has not helped Gay or Paschall's shooting %
How is possible for Joe to have such a steep drop off?
Royce is really consistent... and shoots only when open... I am super confident when the ball swings his way.

Joe is struggling and I really think he doesn't have his legs.

Rudy Gay is aggressive finding his shot... so it makes sense his percentage is lower... he's ramping up his volume a smidge. Its not far off.

Paschall needs to shoot from the corners only. 39% from the corners.

Royce probably gets the most wide-open 3's in the NBA, so it makes sense that he's shooting such a good percentage.

Joe is not a surprise as he had an incredible last season and has been struggling so far. But he should get it up to 40 percent by the end of the season. I am surprised that Clarkson is only 3 percent worse, feels more like 10 to be honest.. Donovan seems to be shooting more long distance threes this season and sometimes it's getting on my nerves. I get that it's useful but would rather see him expand other areas of his game.

Royce is really consistent... and shoots only when open... I am super confident when the ball swings his way.

Joe is struggling and I really think he doesn't have his legs.

Rudy Gay is aggressive finding his shot... so it makes sense his percentage is lower... he's ramping up his volume a smidge. Its not far off.

Paschall needs to shoot from the corners only. 39% from the corners.
I was thinking the same thing regarding Gay. I didn't realize that about Paschall, so thank you.

I’d like to know what Donovans 3 point percentage is at the 3 point line, 3 feet behind the line, and 6 feet behind the line. I bet the numbers 3 feet and 6 feet are very poor. He makes me mad also. Hero ball, over effectiveness. Infuriating. Did he shoot us out of the Laker game all by himself?

I’d like to know what Donovans 3 point percentage is at the 3 point line, 3 feet behind the line, and 6 feet behind the line. I bet the numbers 3 feet and 6 feet are very poor. He makes me mad also. Hero ball, over effectiveness. Infuriating. Did he shoot us out of the Laker game all by himself?
He had plenty of help in that when our 3 best scorers shoot something stupid like 15% combined for all shots. Disgraceful. And even more disgraceful that the coaching staff didn't even try to sub in another shooter or 2. Would it have been terrible for Butler and Hughes to get 5 minutes of game time? Snyder wants to just run the plan regardless of how ****** everything is going.

He had plenty of help in that when our 3 best scorers shoot something stupid like 15% combined for all shots. Disgraceful. And even more disgraceful that the coaching staff didn't even try to sub in another shooter or 2. Would it have been terrible for Butler and Hughes to get 5 minutes of game time? Snyder wants to just run the plan regardless of how ****** everything is going.
It's his achilles heel as a coach. He will never, ever, ever ever deviate from the game plan unless something like injury (or an extreme case of foul trouble) forces him to.

The lack of adaptability from him is a bit stunning at the NBA level. Like I have no huge issue with the game plan itself. Over time it produces wins. But it's horrible he has no fall back in an individual game, or even worse, a 7 game series.

Just listened to Locke. He stole my idea, but also broke it down by catch and shoot vs off the bounce 3.

He gave some theories on Joe and Jordan shooting better without fans, but I'm not sure I buy it. I think they both got in some funks, got in their heads, and their issues are mostly mental, and probably a little bit physical with Joe. The other thing is they had super hot streaks last year that have warped our expectations of them, and aren't super far off from their career numbers.

Locke glossed over Donovan going from 42% on catch and shoot 3's to 33% on catch and shoot 3's, but this seems like a big deal. For those complaining about long 3's, I would assume those would mostly be classified as pull up 3's, so shouldn't affect his catch and shoot numbers. Any thoughts on why Donovan's catch and shoot numbers have dropped off so much?

I read an article that the key to three point shooting as a team is for the ball handler to get dribble penetration and then the defense has to shift around. Suddenly the shooter is very wide open. I wonder if that is the Jazz problem? In parts of the Laker game it sure looked like it.

Just listened to Locke. He stole my idea, but also broke it down by catch and shoot vs off the bounce 3.

He gave some theories on Joe and Jordan shooting better without fans, but I'm not sure I buy it. I think they both got in some funks, got in their heads, and their issues are mostly mental, and probably a little bit physical with Joe. The other thing is they had super hot streaks last year that have warped our expectations of them, and aren't super far off from their career numbers.

Locke glossed over Donovan going from 42% on catch and shoot 3's to 33% on catch and shoot 3's, but this seems like a big deal. For those complaining about long 3's, I would assume those would mostly be classified as pull up 3's, so shouldn't affect his catch and shoot numbers. Any thoughts on why Donovan's catch and shoot numbers have dropped off so much?

Yeah, I don't buy Locke's theory at all. Joe has had plenty of great shooting seasons in the past when there were fans in the arenas. Locke's really reaching here.

sad to see a huge drop in joe. there was a few times he went 0-7 . he only shoots when he's open he should make those. unlike DM and JC they shoot a lot of contested 3s.

We used to be a good 3 pt shooting team. Ahh the good old days.

I could be wrong and it could be my own bias playing tricks on me but I feel the Jazz get more open to wide open looks on most nights then whoever the opponent/team is that night. Again I could be wrong on that but to me it outside of Clarkson and Mitchell it feels the Jazz as a team get better looks from 3. As was said O'Neal and Ingles mostly only shoot when wide open and even then sometimes they pass those up as well as Bogey sometime passes up an open 3.

It also feels like the other teams hit a higher % during the times they get those open to wide open looks (that I feel the Jazz get more of those open to wide open looks). My point is as NBA players I would think with the looks the Jazz get (again outside of Clarkson and Mitchell) the Jazz should be hitting at a high percentage and based on what the opponents shoot against the Jazz on those same open to wide open looks to me it seems like the Jazz might shoot a slightly lower percentage on open to wide open looks then whoever the Jazz are playing that night.

But again I definitely could have a bias in my observation.

I know I heard a stat from Locke that Curry actually shoots better when he is lightly contested versus wide open.

I would be curious if Locke could break down what I was saying. I know last year the Jazz offense created/got the most open to wide open 3 per game and I'm curious if it is still the same this year. Then break down what the Jazz shoot on wide open to open, then what teams shoot when playing the Jazz versus the season average against the rest of the NBA.

Bogey and Clarkson have both made 111 3's this season, Bogey has done it on 66 less attempts.

Yeah, I don't buy Locke's theory at all. Joe has had plenty of great shooting seasons in the past when there were fans in the arenas. Locke's really reaching here.
A lot of shooting is legs… if you don’t have your legs then your shooting can suffer. Joe has looked really creaky this year. I’m worried it’s conditioning, age, overuse over the last couple years. There is also a care factor that might be slightly lower. Not that he doesn’t care but it’s easy to pack it in if you know this is the last season. If we trade him I’d all but guarantee he retires. If he stays and engages a bit more there’s a chance we keep him on a much smaller 1 year deal. I think there is like a 75% chance he is back in Australia next year. Lots of the overseas guys tend to call it a day earlier and go back home. He can make some dough playing in Australia and have way more time to be a dad… and get his family home.

A lot of shooting is legs… if you don’t have your legs then your shooting can suffer. Joe has looked really creaky this year. I’m worried it’s conditioning, age, overuse over the last couple years. There is also a care factor that might be slightly lower. Not that he doesn’t care but it’s easy to pack it in if you know this is the last season. If we trade him I’d all but guarantee he retires. If he stays and engages a bit more there’s a chance we keep him on a much smaller 1 year deal. I think there is like a 75% chance he is back in Australia next year. Lots of the overseas guys tend to call it a day earlier and go back home. He can make some dough playing in Australia and have way more time to be a dad… and get his family home.

I'm not really sure what to make of it. Thru the first 25 games of the season he was shooting 42% from 3, since then he's been in the worst shooting slump of his career. He had a bunch of days off during covid so his legs should be fresher now than they were early in the season when he was shooting well. Even his shooting motion has looked different the last few games.