What's new

Jazz(5-10) visits Thunder(3-12) @ Chesapeake Energy Arena @6 PM MT / Türk Saatiyle 3'te

Jazz fanz melt down going on here. People set their expectations too high this season. I thought 30 all along and I fully expect them to get there with big leaps next year. I like watching these guys because we are finally seeing who they are. Hell, even enes has looked decent. I am ok with what I've seen so far, don't know what you guys expected.

amen

This team lacks experience, not talent. This team maybe has no superstar caliber player, but even if we had a player like this, we would still struggle at winning. Even or coach is a damn rookie... This team needs atleast 1 year to attack the play-offs and in 3 years we could be contenders if the FO is making smart moves. Thats a looooong way we have to go....

Did you know that before this season ....

the Jazz Starting lineup (Burke, Burks, Hayward, Kanter, Favors) had only played 123 minutes together.

Alec Burks had only started 12 games.

Primary big reserve, Rudy Gobert, averaged less than 10 minutes per game in only 45 games.

Folks... This is the exact same team as last year. If anything, we are worse. Jefferson is better than Ingles. The only additions were Hood, Ingles, and Booker. Booker comes off the bench, Exum too, and Hood hasn't played. Don't be surprised when one of thre worst teams from last year that made minimal changes isn't the 96 Bulls the next. This rebuild just started. Relax. We are still 2 years away from just competing for a playoff spot.

Our aim was never to be world beaters this year. But to develop. Developing sometimes involves losing. Plus, Quin Snyder is a rookie coach. He has some learning to do. Relax

Jazz fanz melt down going on here. People set their expectations too high this season. I thought 30 all along and I fully expect them to get there with big leaps next year. I like watching these guys because we are finally seeing who they are. Hell, even enes has looked decent. I am ok with what I've seen so far, don't know what you guys expected.

This. Last year people were saying that our best case scenario was keeping games close and competitive, but losing for a better draft pick. That didn't happen and we got blown out several times.

This year seems like the year we keep a lot of games close and lose a lot of them with inexperience. Low 30s in wins sounds about right.

Just read through this thread and it was hilarious. It kinda looks to me that we have a strong starting line up with no bench. We'll get a top 10 pick and hopefully try to fill out our bench and be on a nice way up. Kind of like Portland and Washington.

We'll get better.

Hey Hayward, learn how to hit a ****ing free throw.

He was perfect coming into the season. I think players like him with a spotlight on should learn to ease off the emotional part of the game on stressful situations. Don't think that much.

Jazz bench full highlights
OilyHarmfulAcornweevil.gif

Saw this on reddit and got a kick out of it

Enes and Burkes defense, the turnovers, the missed the FTs, Dante missing open 3s, no Hood, Favors not being Favors, Burks sucking, Hayward not shooting the curls, and pick n rolls he was so good at earlier, no Novak, Booker sucking, Ingles meh, rudy looking like a circus side show, evans wasting a roster spot. i think i about covered it. oh yeah and staying up til 4 am to watch this mess.

Enes and Burkes defense, the turnovers, the missed the FTs, Dante missing open 3s, no Hood, Favors not being Favors, Burks sucking, Hayward not shooting the curls, and pick n rolls he was so good at earlier, no Novak, Booker sucking, Ingles meh, rudy looking like a circus side show, evans wasting a roster spot. i think i about covered it. oh yeah and staying up til 4 am to watch this mess.

That's not his choice.

Last season Jeremy Evans averaged 18 minutes in 66 games. He had the highest fg% on the team, had the third highest win-score, and was tied with Favors for the team high PER. He had a team high offensive rating(ortg), and was third best
Defensive rating. His ortg to drtg difference was the highest positive difference on the team.

He has played 13 minutes this season.

rudy gobert ‏@rudygobert15
Toughness and solidarity and we'll be good..talent is not the issue

Still not seeing the shooting. I watch Houston, Dallas, GS, and it seems like they have about 10 guys that can shoot. What do we have, one? Jazz have traditionally undervalued or underdeveloped that talent and it is costing them now. We are constantly losing the 3pt battle.

I think the new regime understands that and will fix it, but it will take time. Hood looks like he could be another one, but who else? Burks and Burke don't look like they will get there and those are absolutely crucial positions to get shooters in.

Still not seeing the shooting. I watch Houston, Dallas, GS, and it seems like they have about 10 guys that can shoot. What do we have, one? Jazz have traditionally undervalued or underdeveloped that talent and it is costing them now. We are constantly losing the 3pt battle.

I think the new regime understands that and will fix it, but it will take time. Hood looks like he could be another one, but who else? Burks and Burke don't look like they will get there and those are absolutely crucial positions to get shooters in.

Burks is shooting 36% from behind the arc for the season and Burke in the last 7 games is 45% from the field and 42% on 3's that's including his 1-8 stinkers against the Warriors. These guys will likely get better.

Burke, Burks, Hood, Hayward, and Ingles can all shoot well. Kanter is really good at midrange and at least somewhat respectable from deep, same with Booker.

Burks is partially retarded though and doesn't understand that his % drastically fall when he shoots off the dribble instead of taking open catch and shoot 3's.