What's new

Jazz acquire NAW and Juancho Hernangomez for Ingles, Hughes, and two 2nd round picks.

Literally the rest of the world is calling this a major steal for us except for JazzFanz. Can’t make this up.
Let's hope front offices view it that way and they can send NAW elsewhere for a player we can actually use.

BTW, can we aggregate him for a trade in the next 18 hours?

I couldn't have said this any better than Andy did. I think Naw will be a good player in the future but he's still really raw at the moment and needs development...not the type of player a team trying to compete for a championship should acquire for an expiring contract and 2 second round picks. I just feel like we could've used Joe's contract to immediately upgrade the roster and we didn't. That's why I'm so disappointed in the trade. Hopefully there are more moves to come tomorrow,

his first strength on his draft profile video is actually on-ball defense...
he's definitely got all the tools to turn it around. will he be able to do it while we are still in the window to contend is the question

Today the talking heads say to be patient and watch for a second move, indirectly and inadvertently indicating that this doesn’t look good on its own.

Tomorrow the talking heads talk about how our only move was a really solid one.

Today the talking heads say to be patient and watch for a second move, indirectly and inadvertently indicating that this doesn’t look good on its own.

Rudy Gay is coming off of an injury... he is really our deadline addition.

his first strength on his draft profile video is actually on-ball defense...
he's definitely got all the tools to turn it around. will he be able to do it while we are still in the window to contend is the question

Yeah, that's what they said about DM and we all know how that didn't work out.

He is nowhere close to the offensive player JC is. The difference between NAW and JC as scorers is about the same as Don and JC. He needs to develop a ton to get to where Clarkson is.
Problem is he is currently not nearly as good as JC. He's almost a poor man's JC maybe. I'd say he's a homeless man's JC.

JC is not a player or role we should try to replicate. You can be a bench scorer without being a huge chucker. We need a regular bench creator scorer more than a poor man's JC.

I'm with @KqWIN NAW needs to remake himself as more of a KCP type if he wants to excel in a winning situation.

I'd say that at this point JC as a scorer is a guy that had a season and a half of decent to good production, and everything else wasn't any different to NAW career so far.

I'd also go with that the Jazz benefited of a JC role when Conley was yet to adapt to Quin's system and play with Rudy and Donovan, instead of his Gasol partnership and being the full time floor general in Memphis (or simply out injured), and Mitchell hadn't evolved as much as a shooter, scorer and playmaker to take as much control of the offense by himself (and something that only worked because it happened at the good JC year, wouldn't work with second half of last season to this current JC season), and not so much now that those things aren't as much of a problem when even with all the struggles to move the ball, the offense keeps scoring well even when Jordan and Donovan are out, and we'd be better of any two combo of Forrest, Butler and House Jr (if we sign him to the end of season, that is).

But as I view it, the JC role is no more than a guy to iso and shoot freelly (and if it goes in "yay", if it doesn't, "well, someone has to shoot") with Quin going all in on that (not one JazzAvenue quote to call him as much a psicopath or stoned than he giving full green light to JC), and i say unless you have a guy that is actually efficient doing it, you're better at giving that to someone that makes 3 and 5 millions than someone making 14, even for saying that said guy is down the pecking order and not guaranteed so many minutes and touches (and changing said guy gives you the chance that if he's not good at it, he could actually end up at the doghouse).

I can't wait for Tony Jones' article in The Athletic tomorrow afternoon about how the Jazz got the guy they've been targeting all along and what a steal this is for them and how this move will be an absolute homerun if NAW can develop and blah blah blah.

Grant's not happening. Sorry everyone.

I think the Jazz did this move today on purpose. I think they're gonna TRY to double-jump here, but I don't think they have it worked out (yet).

Now, if this is really all they were planning then stick a fork in the organization.

Yeah. I can see they trying a Clarkson, a first and whatever salary filler they'd need to attach for Gary Harris, but Grant should cost at least 2 firsts, or like Bogey, maybe Butler, and a first (tbh, to give a first, we'd want to dump Clarkson too to reset repeater tax clock ?), with the 2026 first being after the end of Rudy and Mitchell current contracts and the 2028 first (the second one if needed to) we'd not be able to protect (so the second first nearly a completely no go at all).

It doesnt have to be an either or. It can be a good trade by itself and made better with another move. The opposite could be true as well. Picking up a player with upside for 2 seconds is a good move. But it doesnt really change the team much this year. It would be nice if we could pull off a bigger move to give us a better chance this year.

Supposedly the Wizards are still chasing John Collins. I think he's available.

"It is unclear what the Wizards would be willing or able to offer for Collins aside from draft pick compensation, but Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, Spencer Dinwiddie, Rui Hachimura and Deni Avdija are a few of the players who could interest Atlanta."

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

good trade.. Walker is a player I've always liked to watch play he's got some slick moves n is pretty slippery for a 6'5 guard

Supposedly the Wizards are still chasing John Collins. I think he's available.

"It is unclear what the Wizards would be willing or able to offer for Collins aside from draft pick compensation, but Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, Spencer Dinwiddie, Rui Hachimura and Deni Avdija are a few of the players who could interest Atlanta."

He is probably available, but again not for anything we can offer. Our best offer is crappy 1st and Bojan. When we call them and we arent offering Mitchell or Gobert, they hang up the phone. The team should still be trying because crazy trades happen. But that could be said of a bunch of trades.

He is probably available, but again not for anything we can offer. Our best offer is crappy 1st and Bojan. When we call them and we arent offering Mitchell or Gobert, they hang up the phone. The team should still be trying because crazy trades happen. But that could be said of a bunch of trades.
Outside of better 1st rounders, I don't think Washington has anything we don't. Hell, they might love the idea of Bojan. We don't know.

I think it's unlikely, but I would consider him a great get tomorrow.

Outside of better 1st rounders, I don't think Washington has anything we don't. Hell, they might love the idea of Bojan. We don't know.

I think it's unlikely, but I would consider him a great get tomorrow.

I mean better 1st are likely the biggest asset they want. But beyond that they want young talented players. Washington has some of those, we do not.

I mean better 1st are likely the biggest asset they want. But beyond that they want young talented players. Washington has some of those, we do not.
I don't know what they want. The only thing on record is that they want a starter and a 1st. There are also reports that they are worried about future finances.

So maybe they like Bojan a lot since he's cheaper than Collins and plays a certain role that helps Trae. We don't know.

Maybe they like Clarkson since they really need bench scoring. I don't know. Atlanta is a bad team and next year they are very expensive.

I don't know what they want. The only thing on record is that they want a starter and a 1st. There are also reports that they are worried about future finances.

So maybe they like Bojan a lot since he's cheaper than Collins and plays a certain role that helps Trae. We don't know.

Maybe they like Clarkson since they really need bench scoring. I don't know. Atlanta is a bad team and next year they are very expensive.

A first that we dont have. They want a good first according to the report you are quoting which is very valuable. This means a lottery pick. We dont have that and cant get one. They might accept a lottery pick and Bojan. But that is way out of our ability to do.

Also imagine how bad that team is with the worst PG defender in the league by a long shot and Bojan who is a bad defender at PF or even throwing in Clarkson.