What's new

Jazz acquire NAW and Juancho Hernangomez for Ingles, Hughes, and two 2nd round picks.

Blazers really gave us Nickeil-Alexander Walker for Joe Ingles' Bird rights?
They got NAW in a trade and who knows if they even wanted him. They also dumped Satoransky in the deal. In return they got a second rounder, Elijah Hughes, and they got off the hook for paying NAW's $5M he's owed next year. Hell, we may end up having to salary dump NAW this summer.

What are the odds we salary dump one of NAW/Gay next year?
I mentioned somewhere about being on the hook for $5M next year on NAW. To put it in perspective, we salary dumped Miye Oni’s $1.5M halfway through the season.

What are the odds we salary dump one of NAW/Gay next year?

I mentioned somewhere about being on the hook for $5M next year on NAW. To put it in perspective, we salary dumped Miye Oni’s $1.5M halfway through the season.
Cut to a live shot of OKC:

1644539989709.gif

I like the trade for NAW, he has upside and we gave up nothing. But I am disappointed we didn't make another move especially with the extra salary from this trade. This felt like a money move at the end up the day. The new owner doesn't seem to be willing to spend so far. But it's nice to have a player some potential. But also isn't a win now move.

Indeed this is true. We are, however, and as far as I can tell, the only franchise billing itself as being “all-in” to its fan base who made these moves.
And we sold off one other second and a first rounder in other money moves. 3 seconds and a 1st may have gotten you something very useful right?

Milwaukee took on some salary today. Warriors owe like $170M in tax. that is the kind of spending we are competing with... not every title team is in the tax of course but if you are a title team you shouldn't sluff off as much salary as we have.

Look I don't consider us truly contenders.. I think there are roughly 5-6 teams with a better chance at winning than us. So i don't really think it changes much... but if we are a "punchers chance" team... then you need every piece to give yourself a chance. Either way we would need some real luck to win the title.

I'm fine so long as I don't hear the BS of we are "all-in". Its obvious Ryan is not all in. He's in as long as it doesn't cost too much... which is a little better than the Millers were so IDK whatevs?

And we sold off one other second and a first rounder in other money moves. 3 seconds and a 1st may have gotten you something very useful right?

Milwaukee took on some salary today. Warriors owe like $170M in tax. that is the kind of spending we are competing with... not every title team is in the tax of course but if you are a title team you shouldn't sluff off as much salary as we have.

Look I don't consider us truly contenders.. I think there are roughly 5-6 teams with a better chance at winning than us. So i don't really think it changes much... but if we are a "punchers chance" team... then you need every piece to give yourself a chance. Either way we would need some real luck to win the title.

I'm fine so long as I don't hear the BS of we are "all-in". Its obvious Ryan is not all in. He's in as long as it doesn't cost too much... which is a little better than the Millers were so IDK whatevs?
Do you have the moves and trades he turned down, so he could save money, that would have been all in moves?

Do you have the moves and trades he turned down, so he could save money, that would have been all in moves?
Yeah he send me them all before he makes a decision.

Let's say we add it up and take the three seconds we sent in the Oni and NAW deals... and sent them to LAC for RoCo would they do it. What if we never gave up a first for the Favs dump... I mean if we put a first in that deal it happens. Not saying that move seals the deal but you didn't see GS, Phoenix, Milwaukee, Philly, Brooklyn, trying to off load salary today... This move, the Favs move, the Oni move... those were all salary motivated. Not saying they weren't prudent but they aren't all in.

Yeah he send me them all before he makes a decision.

Let's say we add it up and take the three seconds we sent in the Oni and NAW deals... and sent them to LAC for RoCo would they do it. What if we never gave up a first for the Favs dump... I mean if we put a first in that deal it happens. Not saying that move seals the deal but you didn't see GS, Phoenix, Milwaukee, Philly, Brooklyn, trying to off load salary today... This move, the Favs move, the Oni move... those were all salary motivated. Not saying they weren't prudent but they aren't all in.
It was like the year when the Jazz shipped Ronnie Brewer and Eric Maynor for nothing so they could save on the salary and then sign a couple of GLeaguers to take their roster space and then the GM told us what great prospects the minor leaguers were. OK right.

The way they paint NAW is just hilarious... its almost like saying "joe Ingles will be a great player once he figures out how to be super athletic"

It was like the year when the Jazz shipped Ronnie Brewer and Eric Maynor for nothing so they could save on the salary and then sign a couple of GLeaguers to take their roster space and then the GM told us what great prospects the minor leaguers were. OK right.
Actually the Ronnie Brewer trade was straight fire. They got Matthews out of nowhere who was immediately twice as good and Brewer was suddenly not very important but had positive trade value heading into free agency. The Jazz didn’t want to pay the guy that could never be a main lineup player, but they would’ve had to if they went into FA or they would’ve lost him (or at least his perceived value) for nothing.

They got a lottery-protected 1st rounder for him. Heist. They then wasted it on Al Jefferson, but that’s beside the point that trading Brewer was one of their strongest asset management moves ever. Nailed it.

No its not. The two players we got in the trade are better than injured ingles and Hughes. We improved the team AND saved money. Not sure why that is a bad thing but whatever. This is just one of those annual times of year were the same ol folks bitch about everything the jazz did or didn't do. I will happen after free agency in the summer and after the draft as well. Like clockwork.

Have we had a guy with three names before? Besides Enes Kanter Freedom? (I know that was after he left but I just wanted to say Enes Kanter Freedom.) And John Lucas III doesn't count.

And have we had a longer name than Huancho Hernangomez?

Have we had a guy with three names before? Besides Enes Kanter Freedom? (I know that was after he left but I just wanted to say Enes Kanter Freedom.) And John Lucas III doesn't count.

And have we had a longer name than Huancho Hernangomez?

Longest name is probably Nickeil Alexander-Walker at this point.