What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Just had a couple of crisp bean burritos and some mexi-fries from Taco Time. Not bad at all.
Been there lately? Their crisp burritos keep going up in price and are getting thinner and thinner. Basically a $5 tacquito for the beef version.

I just buy their sauce and make my own now.

Since y'all are talking about food here's where Donovan likes to eat:

"Mitchell: I’ve got a few. I kind of rotate depending on how I'm feeling month to month. Ruth’s Chris is up there, for sure. Cheesecake (Factory). I eat there almost every day. Valter's and Benihana. You can’t go wrong with Benihana."

Good news for him is that those chain restaurants will be waiting for him wherever he goes, other than Valter's

Been there lately? Their crisp burritos keep going up in price and are getting thinner and thinner. Basically a $5 tacquito for the beef version.

This is my problem with some places too. Prices have gone up 20-50% and the contents of certain foods have gone down 20-30% in volume. It’s ********. Wages and inflation haven’t killed these places THAT much.

I just got back from a camping trip, does anybody know where I can post my thoughts on a potential Mitchell trade?

Anywho.. Is there any other place besides Chick-fil-A that does grilled nuggets? I'd prefer not to support that place if I can avoid it. Always too busy and their employers are way too cheerful. Unnervingly so.

I don't get the mania for a chicken sandwich that is 2 pieces of dry bread, a single slice of pickle, and a dry overcooked hunk of chicken. Dry as a wad of paper towels. And their sauce is sickly sweet and cloying. Overall just yuck.

And don't get me started on in'n'out. Since I've moved to Cali I've had far more of that in work lunches and such than I care to remember. Burger is unremarkable unless you go all "secret menu" on it, and the fries are like little sticks of powdered potatoes that haven't been fully reconstituted. It's a special talent to ruin fresh cut potatoes like that. Ugh.
You either just received a bad sandwich or have strange taste. My go to at chicken fil a is the 4 piece chicken tender and it is always awesome. Love me some chicken fil a sauce as well.

This is my problem with some places too. Prices have gone up 20-50% and the contents of certain foods have gone down 20-30% in volume. It’s ********. Wages and inflation haven’t killed these places THAT much.
Yep, can't tell me the cost of beans is so high that you need to cut the beans in half (and not even notify customers about the substantial change). If you need to make changes, be transparent about it!

I just got back from a camping trip, does anybody know where I can post my thoughts on a potential Mitchell trade?

Anywho.. Is there any other place besides Chick-fil-A that does grilled nuggets? I'd prefer not to support that place if I can avoid it. Always too busy and their employers are way too cheerful. Unnervingly so.
At Chickfila, I stopped saying "thank you" to stop getting the canned "my pleasure" response. I am still polite, and say "have a great day" and at least 80% of the time they still say "my pleasure." The nuggs are tasty though.

I've noticed they've gone up in price, but they haven't gotten any thinner, at least not at the location I go to.

I've noticed they've gone up in price, but they haven't gotten any thinner, at least not at the location I go to.
I have tried them recently in Northern Utah, Oregon and WA. All had the Stephen King Thinner treatment. They make them in house, and many locations do things differently, so hopefully you lucked out and your spot didn't cheap out.

I see ppl were talking about breakfast sandwiches pages back. The sausage egg and cheese McMuffin at McDonalds is King IMO and it’s not close.

I used to love the Croissanwich at BK and I’ve had the Wendy’s stuff which have good flavor profiles but all of that is executed it so poorly and sloppily.
The old croissantwich at BK was so good. Somehow they screwed that up.

The mcgriddle combo at McDonald's is a good deal. $2 or maybe $2.50 now for a sausage mcgriddle and a hash brown. I get them for the kids, come home and make some cheesey scrambled eggs to put on the mcgriddles.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Speaking of good, what is everyone’s favorite condiment? I feel like we had a thread about this once. In any case, mine and it’s really not even close, is sriracha mayo. I could put this on anything. Eggs. Basically any sandwich or hoagie/sub. Mostly I’ve been using it at night when I have my black bean/sweet potato/onion burritos—I’ve been trying to eat better—or other such ****. It’s like crack. I was buying the high end supermarket brand by my house but they discontinued it so I bought an Asian brand which has a little more kick. It’s so ****ing good.
Bought an entire bottle of Whataburger spicy ketchup from Walmart last week. Almost restored my faith in humanity.

Horseradish is the most underrated condiment
What are some of your more unusual uses for horseradish?

I mean I use it to make cocktail sauce and I love it on my prime rib or roast beef but I don't really use it outside of that.