What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

I need to circle back to the BK’s French fries. They’re not only not great, they’re some of the worst around. McDonalds, Chick Fila, Wendy’s (though by me they put way too much salt on them), Sonic (tater tots!) and pretty much every other place I’ve been to has better fries.

Who else likes Panda here?
I've come to very sad conclusion that Panda is one of the best Chinese restaurants in the SL Valley. Almost everything else is Americanized Chinese food straight out of the 80s (I know that is also what Panda is) that has the same standards and bland non-offensive flavors they've had since the 80s. Panda is typically pretty fresh if you go to a busy location and the Kung Pao isn't in a sugar sauce. Most of these Chinese restaurants drench almost everything in a heavy sugary sauce.

There is a Chinese place I used to really love. It was Hot Dynasty and they served actual Chinese food, like a hot pepper stew with frogs legs. I liked the Cumin Lamb, Twice Cooked Pork, and Beef in Chili Sauce. But the woman managing it is horrible. It closed and re-opened as CY Noodle House. That was an established place in a smaller unit that completely changed when it moved into the very large space Hot Dynasty was in. The same horrible woman managed it and eventually the service was garbage, the table condiments were grimy as hell and you had to deal with that woman who treated you like she hated you. But for me it was when I realized that based on your appearance they would either automatically give you plastic, round chopsticks and a fork and spoon or just disposable bamboo chopsticks. I'm pretty good with chopsticks but I highly prefer the bamboo ones because it's way easier to grip things with them. I know I could have asked but I was about done with the place anyway and when I realized that even though I was a regular, very regular, who always used the chopsticks I didn't have the correct appearance to not got the "other people" bundle. Now they're called Ume House and the same woman is still in charge so I haven't tried it.

Training table is coming back to SLC valley!!!
Best club sandwich ever and that dipping sauce yo
I saw that and attempted to find your post where you talked about them to say that but I couldn't find it and gave up.

You gotta try what I said.

I just put aioli sauce on my list when I go grocery shopping tomorrow. Any specific type? I see a garlic aioli one and some others.
I dont like the garlic aioli. I dont know what kind mine is called.

You gotta try what I said.

I just put aioli sauce on my list when I go grocery shopping tomorrow. Any specific type? I see a garlic aioli one and some others.
Aioli is super easy to make at home. A lot of recipes start with raw egg but you can basically just use mayo, lemon juice and garlic mixed together and you have standard aioli. I make a cilantro-lime aioli to go on breaded and fried tilapia and it's a hit.

Aioli is super easy to make at home. A lot of recipes start with raw egg but you can basically just use mayo, lemon juice and garlic mixed together and you have standard aioli. I make a cilantro-lime aioli to go on breaded and fried tilapia and it's a hit.

Bro, not worth my time. I’ll spend the $4-6 on a bottle.

You'd get a better end result but that's fine if you don't like nice things.

I love nice things but there are so many “gourmet” condiments out there nowadays that are damn good. Could I make one better than that? Maybe, maybe not. If I did it a few times and tinkered with it, then at some point, sure . And it would be fresh. But then what? I have to eat all the aioli I made on every meal for the next 3-5 days just to use it all before it goes bad. Meh. I have a bad back and hunching over and making something like that is no bueno.

I need to circle back to the BK’s French fries. They’re not only not great, they’re some of the worst around. McDonalds, Chick Fila, Wendy’s (though by me they put way too much salt on them), Sonic (tater tots!) and pretty much every other place I’ve been to has better fries.

Sonics fries and Wendy’s fries are meh.

Sonics fries and Wendy’s fries are meh.

I said tater tots for Sonic. And Wendy’s are better and it’s not close and I don’t even love them…but there’s really flavor. BK’s are so small and overcooked and fairly dry or something that they taste like idk, canola oil or something.

Just wanna say a few things.

I’ve done JuCo (SLCC) and University (The U) and maybe it’s because I switched fields (pre-med at SLCC and Econ/PoliSci at the U), but I don’t find University any more difficult. Maybe even easier, honestly. Prestige is bull **** but it matters which is why I went to the U.

I’m a ****** vegan and am very happy that I can have fast food of any substance now (due to the emergence of Beyond and Impossible “meats”). It is an absolute god-send when traveling.

I’m a little sad that there isn’t anything that really approximates Arby’s. Hot tip: you’ll probably get the best roast beef late in the evening or early in day because the roasts on the slicer at those times have sat in a sham (like a steamer that’s just supposed to keep them warm, but ends up really softening and moistening the meat over time) the longest on average. I worked there for a while and the variance you get with the meat between one fresh out of the oven (rubbery and frankly disgusting, this is most likely to occur during lunch rush) vs stewing in the sham all night (melts in your mouth awesomeness) is night and day.
I worked at a Dominos for a couple of years and one of my managers loved to put meat on people's pizza he knew were vegan. He would do like one tiny piece. Dude was one of the dumbest people I've ever known.

I don't get the mania for a chicken sandwich that is 2 pieces of dry bread, a single slice of pickle, and a dry overcooked hunk of chicken. Dry as a wad of paper towels. And their sauce is sickly sweet and cloying. Overall just yuck.

And don't get me started on in'n'out. Since I've moved to Cali I've had far more of that in work lunches and such than I care to remember. Burger is unremarkable unless you go all "secret menu" on it, and the fries are like little sticks of powdered potatoes that haven't been fully reconstituted. It's a special talent to ruin fresh cut potatoes like that. Ugh.
I think the consistency is key at Chick Fil A. But the sandwich does need mayo, sauce, something.

I agree 100% about In and Out. Nothing special except the price point is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app