What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

If Donovan isn't moved first then it might kinda **** up the return for the Jazz. KD can't really get a return bigger than Donovan to the Knicks.
KD hamstrung his own value after the demand to Tsai, which may have been the point. We'll see what happens, but Gobert really did inflate the market to a point.

KD hamstrung his own value after the demand to Tsai, which may have been the point. We'll see what happens, but Gobert really did inflate the market to a point.
Gobert broke the market. But he also somewhat set it for Donovan: absolutely cannot get less than four total picks, three of which are unprotected, and a pick swap. The cost of course is more than that, but the notion that the Jazz will take a bunch of protected picks for Donovan is just straight horse-****. Not gonna happen. It's insulting. The single brain cell that the Knicks fan base shares think they're going to get a 25 year old star with three years left on his deal without sending any premium assets, or in other words, something for nothing.

They can eat my whole ***.

Gobert broke the market. But he also somewhat set it for Donovan: absolutely cannot get less than four total picks, three of which are unprotected, and a pick swap. The cost of course is more than that, but the notion that the Jazz will take a bunch of protected picks for Donovan is just straight horse-****. Not gonna happen. It's insulting. The single brain cell that the Knicks fan base shares think they're going to get a 25 year old star with three years left on his deal without sending any premium assets, or in other words, something for nothing.

They can eat my whole ***.
I just see article after article from Katz and others talking about how "our offer is the best they will get so why increase it?". If their unprotected picks are going to be soooooo valuable in the future then why even trade for Don?

Okay you want a star... but you won't give up the good young player in Barrett... cool that means we need some extra picks... but you don't think you should give up the unprotected picks that are most valuable... okay we will take a few of those and some protected picks you own plus Grimes and Rose... oh we can't have Grimes and you want us to eat the bad salary of Fournier...

Okay so what is this best offer. If I sell my house to Warren Buffet but he pays 75% of market value then is he the "best" buyer?

They can eat my whole *** too and imma hit up Wendy's, Chick Fil A, Popeyes, and McDonalds first to make sure they feel all the heat.

they also act like they get first right of refusal... they do not. I honestly would rather do the other deals if they are somewhat close just to give them the middle finger a bit here. If we get an offer we like we don't have to give the Knicks the chance to beat it by a penny.

Much like how a restricted FA will stick it to his team with a toxic offer sheet by "going out on the market" I'd love to tell the Knicks "hey this is the type of fair offer that will get the deal done now. We know what we can get elsewhere... if you make us go negotiate deals with other teams and we find one that matches we will either accept the offer without coming back to you or expect you to come in at 125% of the offer we are currently willing to accept."

Toronto/Miami/Charlotte could have reasonably good offers. Knicks should not **** around here.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFMMqf-LDKw

The Locked on Knicks guys are kind of delusional (they make content though and it's August) when it comes to the Knicks. It's really funny to hear a massive market team talk like they are a small market team.

The Locked on Boston dude brought reality to the conversation though. Brought up that Ainge was in a similar position with Paul Pierce when Boston had Walker. They traded Walker and were looking into trading Pierce, but ended up just sticking with him and rebuilding around him. Says Utah isnt pressed to trade Mitchell because they can just make the rest of the roster ****** and Mitchell isnt going to kill your odds with how the lottery is set-up now. Talks how NYK could start poorly (something the Locked on Knicks guys seems to think is impossible lmao).

The Locked on Knicks guys are kind of delusional (they make content though and it's August) when it comes to the Knicks. It's really funny to hear a massive market team talk like they are a small market team.

The Locked on Boston dude brought reality to the conversation though. Brought up that Ainge was in a similar position with Paul Pierce when Boston had Walker. They traded Walker and were looking into trading Pierce, but ended up just sticking with him and rebuilding around him. Says Utah isnt pressed to trade Mitchell because they can just make the rest of the roster ****** and Mitchell isnt going to kill your odds with how the lottery is set-up now. Talks how NYK could start poorly (something the Locked on Knicks guys seems to think is impossible lmao).

The saddest thing for NYK fans is that this current Jazz team is probably better than the NYK team that's gonna be left once they trade for Mitchell...

The saddest thing for NYK fans is that this current Jazz team is probably better than the NYK team that's gonna be left once they trade for Mitchell...
Depends on if they fix the hole at center. Could be close.

They have been so arrogantly throwing BS trades out there it’s comical. I lol’d when they had a pod last week where they talked about others they could pivot to if they don’t want to pay the price for Don and they literally ended up saying Donovan is kind of the perfect mix of star/age/wanting to be in NY… yet they think they should play hardball and only pay one penny more than whatever the next highest offer is. Also if you are so arrogant… then why worry so much about unprotected firsts you will send out. You’d think Leon Rose is some genius GM going against an intern the way they talk… rose getting canned if this doesn’t go through and the Knicks suck. I really just want to either take a **** ton from the Knicks or trade Don elsewhere as an eff you to them. Would just be hilarious.

I’m the same pod they said “worst case scenario they could trade Randle for PJ Washington” as if that was so favorable to the Hornets. They will be high comedy when the Don trade happens.