What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

They have been so arrogantly throwing BS trades out there it’s comical. I lol’d when they had a pod last week where they talked about others they could pivot to if they don’t want to pay the price for Don and they literally ended up saying Donovan is kind of the perfect mix of star/age/wanting to be in NY… yet they think they should play hardball and only pay one penny more than whatever the next highest offer is. Also if you are so arrogant… then why worry so much about unprotected firsts you will send out. You’d think Leon Rose is some genius GM going against an intern the way they talk… rose getting canned if this doesn’t go through and the Knicks suck. I really just want to either take a **** ton from the Knicks or trade Don elsewhere as an eff you to them. Would just be hilarious.

I’m the same pod they said “worst case scenario they could trade Randle for PJ Washington” as if that was so favorable to the Hornets. They will be high comedy when the Don trade happens.
The worst thing they said was when talking about Bogey they basically called him a player that is nothing more than a throw in.

That's when I knew their basketball knowledge basically ends outside their own team.

Call Pat Riley and tell him to find another first somehow and then go to Leon Rose and tell him to make a better offer or Mitchell’s going to Miami.

The worst thing they said was when talking about Bogey they basically called him a player that is nothing more than a throw in.

That's when I knew their basketball knowledge basically ends outside their own team.
Like they were doing us a favor cuz no one really was going to give something up for him. He's on a great 1 year deal... the money would have been all off and we'd end up taking Rose or Fournier because of it.

I just hope we can disappoint them one way or another.

Call Pat Riley and tell him to find another first somehow and then go to Leon Rose and tell him to make a better offer or Mitchell’s going to Miami.
I don’t think another protected 1st is necessary. Unprotect ‘25, then their kitchen sink offer (Herro, 3 unprotected picks, swaps, Jovic, Strus) is definitely enough to pull the trigger on.

The only things I truly care about from the Knicks are the unprotected picks. If they want to do RJ and 3 unprotected picks or Grimes and 3 unprotected picks as the base of the deal then cool... If they are really saying RJ and Grimes are essentially off the table... well then I need Toppin Quickley and 4 unprotected picks. Especially if we eat the Fournier salary.

The protected picks are fine... and we likely get 1-2... we need those unprotected picks. They are getting a premium asset.

I don’t think another protected 1st is necessary. Unprotect ‘25, then their kitchen sink offer (Herro, 3 unprotected picks, swaps, Jovic, Strus) is definitely enough to pull the trigger on.
Flip Stus to a 3rd team... also get swaps in the deal.

Knicks offer of 4 unprotected picks and Toppin/Quickley is better... if they want to take 1 unprotected pick off the table it cost them 3 of the protected picks imo (that's how I'd value them personally).

The only things I truly care about from the Knicks are the unprotected picks. If they want to do RJ and 3 unprotected picks or Grimes and 3 unprotected picks as the base of the deal then cool... If they are really saying RJ and Grimes are essentially off the table... well then I need Toppin Quickley and 4 unprotected picks. Especially if we eat the Fournier salary.

The protected picks are fine... and we likely get 1-2... we need those unprotected picks. They are getting a premium asset.

Flip Stus to a 3rd team... also get swaps in the deal.

Knicks offer of 4 unprotected picks and Toppin/Quickley is better... if they want to take 1 unprotected pick off the table it cost them 3 of the protected picks imo (that's how I'd value them personally).

Agreed all the way around.

The Toronto offer is the one I am eye balling tbh. They should be good for a while, but have multiple FA in between now and 2026. So if you did a package that got 24/26/28 and a swap in 27 or 29 plus OG and Trent Jr. I think that is pretty fair. I'd try to swipe Banton or Precious as well. They will likely have some limits on paying everyone and have a lot of guys in the FVV OG tier that will be due for a raise... so some consolidation is needed. They also need an offensive engine and have the wing depth to cover for Donovan. The KD thing needs to be resolved first.

I think you could flip OG and Trent in a 3 team deal to Cleveland for Love and Okoro and two firsts... 25 unprotected and 27 top 4 protected. Okoro may be someone they value more than I think but I think he has been a disappointment. His inclusion is not 100% necessary.

5 decent value picks... expiring salary... bet against two teams instead of just one. We'd be +9 in firsts round picks the next 5 years before we call up the Lakers and others on our other vets. Hell of a start to a rebuild.

It would be interesting if someone could recap the actual rumored trades being discussed from reputable sources. It seems like we've gone from 8 first round picks and young guys to only protected first round picks and bad salary. It also went from a trade is imminent and definitely going to happen to we were never very close and might not happen.

I always assume that Shams/Tony Jones are reporting what Utah wants to get out there and that WOJ/Knicks media guys are reporting what New York wants to get out there. It would be interesting to get a summary of the rumors over time to get a better idea of what has actually been discussed.

As far as the Knicks go
I want obi toppin in the deal.

Either quickley or grimes

I want Fournier over rose because Fournier could be flipped easier.

I want cam reddish in the deal. I like his potential

I think they should take Rudy gay in the trade also.

Duece McBride is ehh for me in the trade.

Barrett is not a deal breaker for me. I just think more picks would have to be added.

I would take 4 first as long as 3 of them are unprotected. For every protection that is added another pick would have to be added. So if they add 2 protections to those than we would get 6 total firsts.

As far as the Knicks go
I want obi toppin in the deal.

Either quickley or grimes

I want Fournier over rose because Fournier could be flipped easier.

I want cam reddish in the deal. I like his potential

I think they should take Rudy gay in the trade also.

Duece McBride is ehh for me in the trade.

Barrett is not a deal breaker for me. I just think more picks would have to be added.

I would take 4 first as long as 3 of them are unprotected. For every protection that is added another pick would have to be added. So if they add 2 protections to those than we would get 6 total firsts.

Rose is essentially an expiring contract we should not want Fournier over him.

Rose is essentially an expiring contract we should not want Fournier over him.
Agree... though I don't hate the idea of Fournier coming in and becoming a mild asset if he plays okay. But that would be another favor to the Knicks...

- so they keep RJ.
- They'd like to keep Grimes.
- Pass off a negative contract our way.

Donovan for 4 unprotected picks and swap is fair... but add in that we take a negative contract... aren't getting any other prospects... and some other stuff needs to get added. Ainge wants more than a fair deal, but if he gets 3 or 4 unprotected picks... 1 swap... Quickley/Toppin/Fournier and our choice of the protected picks they own.... I think he will pull the trigger.

I think the currently "holdup" is really us not being able to aggregate Minny guys in a trade and just waiting out KD and the market a little. Say we can send some of the Knicks players we get to the Lakers with some of the Minny guys we got in a mega deal... you sit on the general framework of the deal and then first week in september have the follow up conversations. I think Lakers are interested in Reddish... maybe they take Fournier, Reddish, and Beverly (plus one more player maybe Gay) and only give up one first because they take a useful but overpaid guy like Fournier.

Agree... though I don't hate the idea of Fournier coming in and becoming a mild asset if he plays okay. But that would be another favor to the Knicks...

- so they keep RJ.
- They'd like to keep Grimes.
- Pass off a negative contract our way.

Donovan for 4 unprotected picks and swap is fair... but add in that we take a negative contract... aren't getting any other prospects... and some other stuff needs to get added. Ainge wants more than a fair deal, but if he gets 3 or 4 unprotected picks... 1 swap... Quickley/Toppin/Fournier and our choice of the protected picks they own.... I think he will pull the trigger.

I think the currently "holdup" is really us not being able to aggregate Minny guys in a trade and just waiting out KD and the market a little. Say we can send some of the Knicks players we get to the Lakers with some of the Minny guys we got in a mega deal... you sit on the general framework of the deal and then first week in september have the follow up conversations. I think Lakers are interested in Reddish... maybe they take Fournier, Reddish, and Beverly (plus one more player maybe Gay) and only give up one first because they take a useful but overpaid guy like Fournier.
If the Lakers take back Fournier and Reddish, wouldn’t New York expect compensation from the Lakers in return? The more parties that get involved, the more likely you are to give up assets you could’ve just gotten on your own.

Unless the plan is to take back Westbrook to cover a significant part of the returning salary, it doesn’t make any sense to deal with the Knicks and Lakers together. Just do separate deals and get ALL of the assets.

If the Lakers take back Fournier and Reddish, wouldn’t New York expect compensation from the Lakers in return? The more parties that get involved, the more likely you are to give up assets you could’ve just gotten on your own.

Unless the plan is to take back Westbrook to cover a significant part of the returning salary, it doesn’t make any sense to deal with the Knicks and Lakers together. Just do separate deals and get ALL of the assets.

The Knicks wouldn’t receive any extra compensation because they have to send out salary to get Donovan regardless. It doesn’t matter what team gets that salary.

Yeah Westbrook is the returning salary in the deal. Fournier has slightly negative value and Reddish is mostly neutral atm… we’d get off the extra year of Founiers deal… ny doesn’t need anything back in this scenario.

I just swung by Highland High School. There was a Powder League game there that just wrapped up. I walked in just after the game finished up. Kyle Kuzma, Scottie Barnes, KCP and a few other guys were there. Place was kinda bumpin.

I barely heard about it on Twitter.

I just swung by Highland High School. There was a Powder League game there that just wrapped up. I walked in just after the game finished up. Kyle Kuzma, Scottie Barnes, KCP and a few other guys were there. Place was kinda bumpin.

I barely heard about it on Twitter.
What? Highland Highschool in Sugarhouse?

What? Highland Highschool in Sugarhouse?

Yup, for real. Place was loud. Hip hop bangin. You'd never know it from how little publicity there was. I knew where to go in, since I went to that school a long time ago. Only one door was open from the outside.

Raul Neto was there, even though he didn't play.