What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

I don't know what negotiations are like... I'm not sure if they will sub IQ/Toppin for RJ though you'd think that as a whole RJ has more trade value.

I also think there is some relationship stuff that comes with Rose and then you add in Aller who seems like an advanced stats value type... so they might be doing the assessment on a few different fronts.

I don't get why they would want to prioritize Toppin/IQ given their current roster construction but who knows.

Yeah….my feeling is that the Knicks would rather keep Barrett than IQ/Toppin….so we might as well take that. But as much as we like to clown on the Knicks they’ve got to have people who are waiving the analytics flag. If it were close it would be one thing….but Barrett and IQ are on opposite extremes in terms of their reputation vs how they look on paper.

Don’t know why they would want IQ with Brunson and Mitchell….and Rose too. I wonder if Vando could be swapped for IQ. I wouldn’t hate it because of the increased team control.

Yeah….my feeling is that the Knicks would rather keep Barrett than IQ/Toppin….so we might as well take that. But as much as we like to clown on the Knicks they’ve got to have people who are waiving the analytics flag. If it were close it would be one thing….but Barrett and IQ are on opposite extremes in terms of their reputation vs how they look on paper.

Don’t know why they would want IQ with Brunson and Mitchell….and Rose too. I wonder if Vando could be swapped for IQ. I wouldn’t hate it because of the increased team control.
Brock Aller is their JZ and is apparently consumed with value and details. Katz had an article on him. I could see an RJ insertion into these trades being his doing. The old skool guys would be like "eff them picks" and send those over RJ all day... I think Aller is the one saying "nope".

I think you could get RJ and one of IQ or Toppin plus two unprotected picks and 3 protected picks. Might be able to get all three if you maybe give back a protected pick.

Still listening... Knicks fans are mad dumb.

Sounds as though Knicks don't want to pay RJ is part of the turn they have made. I get it... I think a $30M-ish deal is fine given where the cap will go. Wonder how our front office feels about him.

Tony and Andy have both been pretty adamant that the Jazz front office doesn't want to have to pay him.

Brock Aller is their JZ and is apparently consumed with value and details. Katz had an article on him. I could see an RJ insertion into these trades being his doing. The old skool guys would be like "eff them picks" and send those over RJ all day... I think Aller is the one saying "nope".

I think you could get RJ and one of IQ or Toppin plus two unprotected picks and 3 protected picks. Might be able to get all three if you maybe give back a protected pick.

I really hope Barrett doesn’t turn into Danny’s new Winslow and values him like a rising young star. He loves the blue bloods that look the part. Sometimes it works….I just don’t think it will with RJ.

Tony and Andy have both been pretty adamant that the Jazz front office doesn't want to have to pay him.

Yeah, don’t even get me started lol. The basic premise of their reasoning is flawed. You yourself basically said Tony is being fed what the Jazz want him to spread.

I really hope Barrett doesn’t turn into Danny’s new Winslow and values him like a rising young star. He loves the blue bloods that look the part. Sometimes it works….I just don’t think it will with RJ.

Difference is RJ averaged 20/6/3 this year while Winslow was a draft prospect who could have turned out better on Boston than he ended up.

Difference is RJ averaged 20/6/3 this year while Winslow was a draft prospect who could have turned out better on Boston than he ended up.

The 20/6/3 is what worries me. It's easy to talk yourself into and be fooled by RJ. I think there was a better case for Winslow as a prospect than RJ after what he's shown in 3 years.

The 20/6/3 is what worries me. It's easy to talk yourself into and be fooled by RJ. I think there was a better case for Winslow as a prospect than RJ after what he's shown in 3 years.

I would take Barrett over Toppin/IQ/1st. Definitely 2 1sts and I would honestly think about 3 1sts.

What could the Jazz get for RJ if they eyeing sending him elsewhere? Particularly in terms of unprotected picks. Would Charlotte send two?

I also think we get in a trap thinking if we don't help LA then no one else will... someone will benefit... we have a great offer. We should just go ahead and benefit even if it mean helping the Lakers.
Look I am all for giving up our vets for those future picks. What I won't do is take assets from other trades an pile those in as well, especially young players from the Knicks. I just don't think the Lakers are going to give up 2 unprotected picks or the Pacers would already have them. What people are really considering is giving up the farm for 1 future pick. Sure we got Hayward on a pick 10 years later, but we only gave up a Googs on a peg leg. If they want Conley and Bojan fine. I'm not sure Clarkson would want to go back though so he's off the table.

6 picks. No Barrett. Seems like the deal is still what utah wanted all along.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
It seems like Leon made an ultimatum that Utah did not comply with. Leon thinks he’s in control here.

The consequences must be severe. All 8 FRPs and all the younguns, or we trade him somewhere else.