What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Barrett being involved but going to a different team is nightmare level ****. Don’t even speak that into existence.

It just feels so incredibly petty and immature to care as much or more about the misfortune of another team than the health of your own team. Not only do I want the long term prospects of this next build to be better than any team in history, I would actually be happy to facilitate Bogey (and Clarkson, and Conley) having a shot at a ring. I guess I’m the bad Jazz fan, though.

I'm incredibly petty, but I'm just glad I don't live in California anymore won't have to listen to Laker fans if they win another championship. I definitely would be happy for Mike, Bogey, or Clarkson though.

I'm certain former Celtic Danny Ainge won't be doing LA any favors, and I'm sure he'll only do the deal if he knows that the LA deal is the best value for our guys the we can get.

Barrett being involved but going to a different team is nightmare level ****. Don’t even speak that into existence.
How many shooting guards can we actually use on this roster? Barrett is the piece that gets us the second of two unprotected firsts from the Lakers. Anyway they're in a much better position to give him the deal he's asking for than we are at this uncertain juncture.

If that is the offer... then I try and get Obi or IQ added and take it. Reddish can go to LA too and I'd be good.

I prefer the combo of IQ+Toppin over RJ alone. Don’t know if it’s a deal breaker but the duo is much better IMO.

So... Listening to this guy on his Twitter space. I do believe he heard something from someone he believes is connected. So I think he is at least one step better than Monty. No idea if its true... but I don't think he's pulling it out of his ***.
Still listening... Knicks fans are mad dumb.

Sounds as though Knicks don't want to pay RJ is part of the turn they have made. I get it... I think a $30M-ish deal is fine given where the cap will go. Wonder how our front office feels about him.

If he sucks, you’ve gotta explain how the Knicks have been so good with him on the court. Was it luck? Couldn’t have been good players on his team.

The numbers are so overwhelmingly in favor of IQ+Toppin.
He doesn't suck that's why.

I like IQ. If there is a hidden "Sabonis" in the deal it is likely IQ or Toppin... For those that don't get the reference... Sabonis is referencing when OKC sent him to Indiana when he was pretty meh... then he blew up.

I am not sure if there is something more to IQ but I think it'd be worth finding out. I think he would be fairly entertaining as well.

I'll still go with the deal getting leaked on Friday. Nobody wants to work over labor day weekend.
I could see this... they'd have to line up physicals for like Tues. Wed. so someone would have to work.

Today is coming.

He doesn't suck that's why.

I like IQ. If there is a hidden "Sabonis" in the deal it is likely IQ or Toppin... For those that don't get the reference... Sabonis is referencing when OKC sent him to Indiana when he was pretty meh... then he blew up.

I am not sure if there is something more to IQ but I think it'd be worth finding out. I think he would be fairly entertaining as well.

I think it’s fair to wonder what RJ would like like with better spacing, but same goes for IQ and Toppin. Both guys heavily rely on attacking the paint….they have no spacing but they still play well.

I get young FVV vibes from IQ. It’s not obvious to say how or why, but he just really helps the team win when he’s out there. He knows how to play. If he can level up his shooting and passing the way FVV maybe he can flirt with all star games in his future. But minimum he is a terrific piece to have in your rotation. The way he’s had these Knicks bench groups playing is admirable.

I see Toppin being a Collins/Sabonis type. Maybe he doesn’t help you win a top, but he’s going to put up 20/10. He’s a good asset to have entering his third year.

I wouldn’t go as far to say either one is a better asset/bet than RJ…but if you can get both instead of RJ I’ll take that all day.

I think it’s fair to wonder what RJ would like like with better spacing, but same goes for IQ and Toppin. Both guys heavily rely on attacking the paint….they have no spacing but they still play well.

I get young FVV vibes from IQ. It’s not obvious to say how or why, but he just really helps the team win when he’s out there. He knows how to play. If he can level up his shooting and passing the way FVV maybe he can flirt with all star games in his future. But minimum he is a terrific piece to have in your rotation. The way he’s had these Knicks bench groups playing is admirable.

I see Toppin being a Collins/Sabonis type. Maybe he doesn’t help you win a top, but he’s going to put up 20/10. He’s a good asset to have entering his third year.

I wouldn’t go as far to say either one is a better asset/bet than RJ…but if you can get both instead of RJ I’ll take that all day.
I don't know what negotiations are like... I'm not sure if they will sub IQ/Toppin for RJ though you'd think that as a whole RJ has more trade value.

I also think there is some relationship stuff that comes with Rose and then you add in Aller who seems like an advanced stats value type... so they might be doing the assessment on a few different fronts.

I don't get why they would want to prioritize Toppin/IQ given their current roster construction but who knows.