What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

I just can’t believe some of the best posters on here had to take time to explain how valuable the 2029 1st is and how it is not scary and we shouldn’t be weary of taking it on. It just blows my mind. Multiple times too.

Deron Williams always wanted to win.

AK didn’t care much about winning. He cared about himself, but not in a narcissistic way.

Boozer… was too easy going but too hard to hate now.

Gobert cared about winning, and not just winning, but winning here.

Donovan wants to be 6’1” Carmelo. Let’s oblige him.

AK didn’t care much about winning. He cared about himself, but not in a narcissistic way.

I think this is close. I think AK liked to play basketball. He wasn't too concerned about the outcome and didn't put more into it than he wanted to.

Donovan wants to be seen more than he wants to win. He wants to be the man more than he wants to support the team. It is more important to him that he is seen in the right circles and accepted by the right NBA royalty than it is to build a winning team and culture. And, as you said, let's oblige him. He will have a much better chance to be seen in NY than in Utah, since Utah is basically the joke of the NBA, even thought we have been one of the most successful franchises. But to most of the NBA, and definitely to the NBA royalty, Utah is a joke.

I really hope we can put these assets to good use and get on top for a few years and win at least one ring. Hard to laugh at all the white racists mormons when the Jazz are hoisting the trophy.

Sadly that is exactly what it will take to shake any of this kind of stigma, of "you go live in Utah". I would love nothing more than to get rapidly on top, get a GSW type vibe going, then have KD talking about coming to Utah to coattail his way to another ring. That is Jazz nirvana. Winning and schadenfreude all at once, nothing better!

I think this is close. I think AK liked to play basketball. He wasn't too concerned about the outcome and didn't put more into it than he wanted to.

Donovan wants to be seen more than he wants to win. He wants to be the man more than he wants to support the team. It is more important to him that he is seen in the right circles and accepted by the right NBA royalty than it is to build a winning team and culture. And, as you said, let's oblige him. He will have a much better chance to be seen in NY than in Utah, since Utah is basically the joke of the NBA, even thought we have been one of the most successful franchises. But to most of the NBA, and definitely to the NBA royalty, Utah is a joke.

I really hope we can put these assets to good use and get on top for a few years and win at least one ring. Hard to laugh at all the white racists mormons when the Jazz are hoisting the trophy.

Sadly that is exactly what it will take to shake any of this kind of stigma, of "you go live in Utah". I would love nothing more than to get rapidly on top, get a GSW type vibe going, then have KD talking about coming to Utah to coattail his way to another ring. That is Jazz nirvana. Winning and schadenfreude all at once, nothing better!
AK liked basketball but he just liked video games more. He'd have a different career if he dedicated his video game time to training

Hayward was a douche.

Yeah but yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away. Now it looks as though they are here to stay. But tomorrow!! The trade will come out tomorrow!!!
The trade has to happen soon… this place will be unbearable once LoPo comes back with all the Don slander that has happened… it must happen soon or this place is done.

The trade has to happen soon… this place will be unbearable once LoPo comes back with all the Don slander that has happened… it must happen soon or this place is done.
Truth be told there hasn't really been much negativity towards DM. But I know Lopo sees slander where there isn't any... so yeah.

Truth be told there hasn't really been much negativity towards DM. But I know Lopo sees slander where there isn't any... so yeah.
If you indicate that he is nothing short of baby MJ you get a tsk, tsk, finger wag.

The trade needs to happen first so anytime he brings up Don we can do the “he’s not on the team anymore… move on!”

If we get the Knicks picks… Toppin and Quickley plus our choice of one other pick I’m taking that and running. I honestly really only want Quickley and Toppin for entertainment value and I think it might create some interesting lineups… I don’t need them in the deal.

If we get the Knicks picks… Toppin and Quickley plus our choice of one other pick I’m taking that and running. I honestly really only want Quickley and Toppin for entertainment value and I think it might create some interesting lineups… I don’t need them in the deal.
yep. 4 players and 6 picks would be amazing. but i'm fine with three and five. it's still a great deal and worth it to bring it down just to get it done.

Grimes and Toppin are basically the “Vanderbilt” and “Mcdaniels” in this conversation. If Knicks wanna keep one of them then fine, give us more picks.