What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Lol I can promise you Danny Ainge would not give a flying **** who was in the deal if Leon Rose called him up offering 7 1sts.

The most 1sts ever traded in a single deal was 5 1sts and 2 pick swaps for Paul George which was essentially Paul George AND Kawhi Leonard.

We’re talking 7 ****ing 1sts and Quentin Grimes is holding up the deal? You seriously can’t believe that.
Yeah, the total # of picks doesn't matter like you think. The prize Ainge is after are unprotected Knick picks. 7 picks is not getting it done if they are all protected.

Quenten Grimes is a great spot up shooter with very awkward athleticism that can only defend nominally in very specific defensive situations.

He's closer to a shorter Georges Niang with a better handle than whatever you were imagining.

There was some moves in dumpster diving yesterday. The Raptors waived Armoni Brooks who averaged 6 ppg with the Rockets last year. Carsen Edwards who played with the Stars last year signed with a team in Turkey. Tyler Bey who was a loaner player with the Stars in the bubble signed with a team in Israel. Now a move that might affect the Jazz. It appears that Matt Ryan is going to be cut by the Celtics. He was a two way player for them last year and it said the new Jazz coach is a fan. He might be a two way player for the Jazz when the dust settles.

He can't get the hoop and finish against NBA starters. His defensive reputation doesn't match his statistics. He's the kind of guy that falls off hard after he is scouted and gameplanned for.

Just like Niang.
He was also a 20/21 year old rookie. Calm down.

He can't get the hoop and finish against NBA starters. His defensive reputation doesn't match his statistics. He's the kind of guy that falls off hard after he is scouted and gameplanned for.

Just like Niang.
There's a lot of elite athletes who aren't great rim attackers but are excellent at using their athleticism defensively. You really have no knowledge of Quentin Grimes if you coming home to George's Niang.

There's a lot of elite athletes who aren't great rim attackers but are excellent at using their athleticism defensively. You really have no knowledge of Quentin Grimes if you coming home to George's Niang.
Who didn’t crack a rotation until age 25 BTW.

He's wildly overrated and not an athlete- sneaky or otherwise. If he played for the Cavs, no one would care about him at all. If we can get extra assets by leaving him with the Knicks, we should take it and run.

He's wildly overrated and not an athlete- sneaky or otherwise. If he played for the Cavs, no one would care about him at all. If we can get extra assets by leaving him with the Knicks, we should take it and run.
Lmao you really drinking that David Locke sauce. The dude tested with a 39 inch vertical. He's an athlete.

Now a move that might affect the Jazz. It appears that Matt Ryan is going to be cut by the Celtics. He was a two way player for them last year and it said the new Jazz coach is a fan. He might be a two way player for the Jazz when the dust settles.
Decided to watch a bit of his summer league action. He's like a poor-man's Duncan Robinson, at best. Seems like a very good shooter, for sure. Shot is pretty quick, but not Robinson level. And at 6-7, 215+ he has good size. But he was hunted relentlessly on defense by the opponent and invariably failed to keep any driver in front of him. And despite his size he doesn't put it into functional use (other than perhaps on his shot). From the G-League stats he's about the worst 6-7 SF rebounder I've ever seen. Could be a two-way, sure, if the Jazz decide to move on from Sneed, but I don't see any more upside for him than I do for Sneed.

New agreement I’d try to arrive at:
-Three unprotected picks: ‘24, ‘29, and an option to choose ‘26 or ‘27*. Focusing on ‘24 gets the Jazz a guaranteed pick for that year, the option creates some extra utility.
-Mavs ‘23 pick
-Four swaps: super swaps** in ‘23, ‘25, ‘26 or ‘27, and regular swap in ‘28
-Fournier, Toppin, hopefully Grimes or Quickley (to send to the Lakers) but maybe just McBride.

* this just occurred with the draft capital owed to the Pelicans by the Lakers
**’The Knicks will send the highest of their 1st round picks and receive the latest of the Jazz’s.’ This could function to turn a pick owed that is in the 20’s into a lottery pick depending on how things play out, but it stacks the odds of extracting a more premium asset.

The name of the game is to eventually get two all-stars out of the Mitchell and Gobert trades. They most likely need multiple chances to do that and still need some luck.

This might still be less value than Rudy got since I’m confident that some of those Wolves players will net more (hopefully valuable) 1sts in a Lakers deal.

NBA should just legalize all tampering.

The Knicks signed his dad as a coach. How the hell can they not tamper? Is his Dad not suppose to talk to him ever?
My thought exactly. To me this is weird just because we all know this **** happens all the damn time. No way in hell the league doesn't know about it. Are they just placating people that are mad about it by having a sham investigation to say "don't worry folks everything is fine". It's stupid.