What's new

jazz at +1.5 vs celtics tonight...

Jazz were never close to getting him. Portland wasn't going to trade with us there was too much bad blood between us. At least your not a Brooklyn fan because watching Lillard must be very painful to watch. Perhaps the same feeling Nuggets fans have when they watch Gobert play. Certain franchise continually suck because they get impatient. NJ traded away the pick that became Lillard and Favors to win now. Instant gratification can lead to years of losing. I think Lillard is underrated around the league but I am happy with our team and still believe that Exum is going to be real deal.
Weren't we supposed to get golden states draft pick (ended up being 7th iir) but golden state tanked so that they kept the pick (took Harrison Barnes I think)

Yeah but Portland's pick was higher than that anyway.

It really feels like plucking the lowest of fruit to rip in Brooklyn, by Brooklyn could have had Lillard and Favors right now. And others. Oof

View attachment 4644
attachment.php
Bury that ****er!

"Go show them what you've got!"
I freaking love this. No mercy. Give no quarter. Keep the throttle up even when they're on the ropes. It's a mentality that can be hard to instill in a team, but it's one that would do this young Jazz team very well. Hopefully, it has an impact on Dante down the road. That's where it could have the biggest impact.
This is a great impression of a stoked post btw.

Thats why I said close.

I think we would have got the 7th pick and lillard went 6th I think.

Maybe could have made a trade using our 7th pick, if gs didn't tank so hard

Latest whistle I have ever seen

Yeah, it was ridiculous. I was screaming late whistle at the TV just before the ESPN guys said late whistle. The ref watched to see how the possession played out before deciding if he wanted to blow the ****ing whistle. Just terrible.

Weren't we supposed to get golden states draft pick (ended up being 7th iir) but golden state tanked so that they kept the pick (took Harrison Barnes I think)
Lol. Lillard was picked fourth, and the GS pick was top 7 protected. Maybe they kept us from another player but not Lillard.
Yeah, it was ridiculous. I was screaming late whistle at the TV just before the ESPN guys said late whistle. The ref watched to see how the possession played out before deciding if he wanted to blow the ****ing whistle. Just terrible.

Are we thinking of the same play? I remember a late whistle, I think on a play where Hood stole the ball, there was a late whistle, but it was the right call. Does it matter if it's a late whistle if it's the right call?

It really feels like plucking the lowest of fruit to rip in Brooklyn, by Brooklyn could have had Lillard and Favors right now. And others. Oof
What language is this post written in? I recognize the individual words but the arrangement makes on sense at all to me.

Are we thinking of the same play? I remember a late whistle, I think on a play where Hood stole the ball, there was a late whistle, but it was the right call. Does it matter if it's a late whistle if it's the right call?
I remember the ball being loose and it was a free for all to get it. Thomas and hood were both running at each other (the ball was right between them) and they got to the ball at the same time and collided. Thomas fell down, hood didn't, the jazz were in possession with the ball and going down court.
The ref blew the whistle and called the foul on hood since Thomas fell down and the ref felt he needed to make a call at that point.

They ran into each other equally. Shouldn't have been a foul on hood or Thomas.... Or it should have been a double foul

I remember the ball being loose and it was a free for all to get it. Thomas and hood were both running at each other (the ball was right between them) and they got to the ball at the same time and collided. Thomas fell down, hood didn't, the jazz were in possession with the ball and going down court.
The ref blew the whistle and called the foul on hood since Thomas fell down and the ref felt he needed to make a call at that point.

They ran into each other equally. Shouldn't have been a foul on hood or Thomas.... Or it should have been a double foul

I almost forgot that play, yes that was dumb on the refs part. I was thinking of another whistle that involved Hood reaching in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to the game with my dad. It seemed to us that every time Thomas fell down a whistle blew and he was always the beneficiary. The description above is exactly what I saw. There was another time that Thomas went to the hoop absolutely untouched but fell when he landed and the whistle blew. It was crazy the calls he got.

Lol. Lillard was picked fourth, and the GS pick was top 7 protected. Maybe they kept us from another player but not Lillard.

Lillard was picked 6th in 2012, not 4th. GS picked 7th. Had we owned the pick, we would have had the 8th pick--two spots behind where Lillard was taken. Andre Drummond, and possibly Harrison Barnes, would have been available.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Lillard was picked 6th in 2012, not 4th. GS picked 7th. Had we owned the pick, we would have had the 8th pick--two spots behind where Lillard was taken. Andre Drummond, and possibly Harrison Barnes, would have been available.

I think we were talking about Lillard. Not Drummond and Barns. Thank god we didn't get Drummond, or we probably don't trade for Gobert in the draft.

I think we were talking about Lillard. Not Drummond and Barns. Thank god we didn't get Drummond, or we probably don't trade for Gobert in the draft.

Yeah, I was just clarifying the situation of the 2012 Draft.

Drummond would have been awesome, but yeah, Gobert impacts a team more. We're so lucky to be the team that sole him.

What's worse too is that Brooklyn had the worst record in 2010, but was bumped down to #3, they could have gotten John Wall.

What's worse too is that Brooklyn had the worst record in 2010, but was bumped down to #3, they could have gotten John Wall.
Lucky for us they didn't. Had they gotten Wall, I doubt the D-Will trade would have gone down.

I went to the game with my dad. It seemed to us that every time Thomas fell down a whistle blew and he was always the beneficiary. The description above is exactly what I saw. There was another time that Thomas went to the hoop absolutely untouched but fell when he landed and the whistle blew. It was crazy the calls he got.
I remember a play like the second one you are talking about.
Marcus smart went to the hoop to attempt a lay up on a fast break and hood pretended like he was going to challenge it and then backed off as smart started to jump.
Smart was expecting contact and missed the shot due to hood faking the challenge.
Hood didn't touch him at all. Not even a little bit.
Ref called the foul on hood

So Favors and Gobert combined for 34 pts, 25 rebs and 7 blocks. That seems healthy. We're going to have to bring in a pretty hefty All Star to boost that kind of output in our front court.