What's new

jazz at +1.5 vs celtics tonight...

Even national announcers saying we getting boned by the refs.

Of course Gorman and Scalabrine are complaining non-stop about the calls. Gorman especially was completely ridiculous on that flop by Smart at the end of the half.

I hate people fouling to stop fast breaks, so boring.

I get this though too.

Still think offensive players get away with all kinds of ****. Pump faking guys and then just jumping into them and not even attempting to make the shot, driving towards the hoop and throwing your arms into the defender and throwing your head back and yelling... Trying harder to entice the foul call than make the shot.

Swinging your arms through the defender and then just flinging the ball wherever with no attempt to make a shot, just trying to draw a foul.

All this is allowed and even encouraged.
Now we are going to encourage half court attempts after a ticky tack foul?

How about Thomas keeps going, the refs doesn't call the ticky tack foul and Isaiah gets a layup.

Stop rewarding offensive players when they are not even really attempting to make a shot.

It's ridiculous and embarrassing.

Ya it sucks that ingles commits the ticky tack foul to stop the fast break, but he still gets the personal foul and that is a good thing for the Celtics (gets the jazz to the penalty faster and a player gets a personal)
I think it's too big of a play to give a personal foul and three free throws on a play where the offensive player isnt even really trying to put the ball in the hoop.

The nba has turned too much into a game of trying to act out a foul. It's really hurting the game. Getting fouled is every bit as good as scoring the Damn ball anymore. It's lame

Yeah, add more subjectivity to calls, great idea.
Ok, keep encouraging acting and attempting to get calls over actually playing basketball.
Great idea.

I love watching free throws lol. I fast forward that **** like a commercial

It just doesn't make sense, in that case just throw the ball in the air every time a player reaches in to steal the ball from you. You must love Harden.

You don't have be a genius to see that Thomas was deliberately looking for the foul.
This.

Every player, when being defended at all should just throw the ball up into the air, yell, and act as if they got hit every possession. Hell it seems to work about half the time anyway.

It really is a pretty good strategy... If you sign and develop good enough actors

I would add to what fish said that if a player commits a foul at half court and the attacking team retains the ball they should allow them to finish the play and make the basket.

This.

Every player, when being defended at all should just throw the ball up into the air, yell, and act as if they got hit every possession. Hell it seems to work about half the time anyway.

It really is a pretty good strategy... If you sign and develop good enough actors

That needs to be added to the draft combine workouts. How good of an actor are you?

Being a good actor is as valuable of a skill as any in the NBA.

I'm with Cy on the reach in. He felt Ingles make contact on the reach in, so he shot the ball from half court to draw the foul. There is nothing wrong with that, and the fact that he "would never do that normally" is completely irrelevant. Had it been a Jazz player who did it, everyone would be talking about his amazing quick instincts, and the total fairness of the call.

I'm with Cy on the reach in. He felt Ingles make contact on the reach in, so he shot the ball from half court to draw the foul. There is nothing wrong with that, and the fact that he "would never do that normally" is completely irrelevant. Had it been a Jazz player who did it, everyone would be talking about his amazing quick instincts, and the total fairness of the call.

I would still find it ugly basketball if it was a Jazz player.

The problem is that the refs were not even going to call the foul. They waited until after Thomas shot it and then blew the whistle.

They didn't even think the ticky tack reach was worthy of a foul call and were going to let the play continue but Thomas threw up the shot and they felt that they had to call something at that point.

Thomas doesn't jack up the shot and he would have got passed ingles, the refs wouldn't have called anything and the Celtics probably have a good fast break attempt at the rim.

But this is the nba of today. Even fans encourage and applaud this ***** **** that most of us would never think of using in a basketball game.

I have played a ton of basketball (allot of it very competitive and allot, to us, on the line) and I would never expect a call for three free throws on dumbass play like that.
Neither would Karl Malone, john Stockton, kareem, wilt, jordan, bird, isiah, or any players from the past.

That is some weak *** ****. But it's allowed and encouraged so I guess we have to live with it

Had it been a Jazz player who did it, everyone would be talking about his amazing quick instincts, and the total fairness of the call.

Wrong
I would be saying that we got away with some bs there and I think that's a dumb call, but I will take it. Thanks refs.

I wouldn't think it was a good call and good play though