What's new

Jazz At Trailblazers - 8 PM Mountain Time, Root Sports

Rodney Hood is missed so much. This guy is much better that his 31% FG shows and if I know a thing or two about young players and their potential, I tell you, we'll all witness his rise after the all-star break. Some of you guys won't believe your eyes then but yes, he is that good.

I wish his foot gets well and doesn't bother him. Cool kid and nice offensive talent that is there to be great. I really strive him to be a gigantic steal for the Jazz.

Rodney Hood is missed so much. This guy is much better that his 31% FG shows and if I know a thing or two about young players and their potential, I tell you, we'll all witness his rise after the all-star break. Some of you guys won't believe your eyes then but yes, he is that good.

I have a good nose for this too. Hood has tools to become a great player in this league, great NBA body if that makes sense, a nice shot technique, good attitude, humbleness... plus he drives to the basket aggressively.
I'm very high on Hood. I just hope they provide with him a good long-term solution for his foot issues. But yeah I could see him in the starting lineup.

"What's your prediction for the game?"
"Prediction?"
"Yes, prediction."
"PAIN. . ."

mr-t-o.gif

That's the FISH isn't it! Love me the Fish that Saved Pitt!!!

Front court our the Forwards and Centers.

Back court are the guards and wings.

Our back court sucks, outside of Hayward.

I thought back court referred to just the guards since the SF and PF traditionally play opposite of each other down low. But I could be wrong (I often am).

In any case, yes, we are getting great play from our forwards and centers. No reason to change the personnel, although I'd like to see Gobert start with Favors. Unfortunately, our offense really suffers when that happens. I'd also put Ingles in the category of guys who are playing well. He's a great facilitator and an adequate defender. I feel very comfortable with him as a backup to Hayward. He'd fit well with Burke and Hood (or Burks) in terms of running the offense and not needing shots to be successful or to keep him happy.

I thought back court referred to just the guards since the SF and PF traditionally play opposite of each other down low. But I could be wrong (I often am).

This is what I had anyways thought as well (backcourt = guards..... frontcourt = forwards and center)

I guess it makes more sense to put small forwards with the backcourt guys though.

Doesn't really matter doe I guess

They came close last night but they did beat the #2 in the west on the road. The play again tonight. Game on Grizzlies. Jazz have beat 7 playoff teams. And almost beat 2-4 others. Specifically the Clippers and Blazers.

The teams the Jazz are beating only adds to the amazingness of this season.

GO JAZZ!!
I wasn't upset with the loss at all last night. The fact they were so close in a place that's really hard to win at against a team that is better than them is damn great progress so far.

I don't have any statistical analysis on hand to prove it, but does anyone else who has seen a vast majority of the games really believe this team is about the same as last year, even with a similar record? From just my lowly eye test opinion, the difference is staggering.

I wasn't upset with the loss at all last night. The fact they were so close in a place that's really hard to win at against a team that is better than them is damn great progress so far.

I don't have any statistical analysis on hand to prove it, but does anyone else who has seen a vast majority of the games really believe this team is about the same as last year, even with a similar record? From just my lowly eye test opinion, the difference is staggering.

This is true, we were getting blown out far too often last year. This year we've been in many tight games till the very end, a sign of great progress. And the good thing is that this team is being built inductively, from the bottom up, so the core players are all growing together, which is also good bait for future veteran additions we add to the team. I don;t know if it's just me but I have a view of players around the league thinking that the Jazz are a tight group with a good system in place with a lot of things going for them. That alone should be able to attract some decent vets for when we're ready to take this step.

It's just like what was talked about in the 13-26 thread recently: The point differential through 39 games (and likely through 48 now as well) compared to the same point last year verified the eye test.

It's just like what was talked about in the 13-26 thread recently: The point differential through 39 games (and likely through 48 now as well) compared to the same point last year verified the eye test.

If I remember correctly, we're losing by an average of 2.5 points a game. That's WAY better than our record indicates.

Gordon Hayward forcing up bricks? As in the guy that shot 10 for 16, and 3 of 4 from the perimeter? Also, I don't want to hear **** about his defense... Ever. Dude may not be elite on defense, but he sure as hell never stops playing.

Burke forcing up bricks...

he does look to have great potential but at this stage that is all. 31 % is 31% and that's what he is until proven otherwise. Having said that i really have liked the look of him.

In any case, yes, we are getting great play from our forwards and centers. No reason to change the personnel, although I'd like to see Gobert start with Favors. Unfortunately, our offense really suffers when that happens. I'd also put Ingles in the category of guys who are playing well. He's a great facilitator and an adequate defender. I feel very comfortable with him as a backup to Hayward. He'd fit well with Burke and Hood (or Burks) in terms of running the offense and not needing shots to be successful or to keep him happy.

Wings are people who play on the perimeter.

Forwards are more power players.

A SF can be a wing or forward depending on play style.

Wings are people who play on the perimeter.

Forwards are more power players.

A SF can be a wing or forward depending on play style.
Exactly. But I think traditionally "frontcourt" is defined as the forwards and the center. Now, with the way a lot of teams play, especially Utah, the SG and SF are interchangeable - i.e. they rotate between the two spots. In that case, the SG would then be in a frontcourt position and the SF would be in the backcourt.

And you can't use the argument "power player." A stretch-4 is still considered a frontcourt player. And his counterpart in the opposite corner would also be considered to be playing in the frontcourt.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/frontcourt
frontcourt

noun front·court \ˈfrənt-ˈkȯrt\

Definition of FRONTCOURT

1: a basketball team's offensive half of the court

2: the positions of the forwards and center on a basketball team; also : the forwards and center themselves

I was busy last night and recorded the game. Just watching it now.

Someone in this thread said that a big part of the reason we lost was kanter letting aldridge go off for 16 in the first.

Aldridge actually scored 14.
He was 2-2 against kanter
2-3 against Booker (the only miss was a really wide open three)
1-1 against favors
He got 2 free throws after millsap fouled him.
And he got a tip-in (goal tend?) when kanter forced Kaman into a miss.

So aldridge actually scored 4 points against kanter.

Just find 5 Bookers, he doesn't give a dime where he plays, he just plays.

Add a Popeye Jones, he would have the opponents strongly gravitate towards his ears, this would open up a lot of space for our wing Bookers to drive to the basket.

#OngoingRings

Just find 5 Bookers, he doesn't give a dime where he plays, he just plays.

Add a Popeye Jones, he would have the opponents strongly gravitate towards his ears, this would open up a lot of space for our wings to drive to the basket.
Booker plays hard. I like that. But to suggest he is anything more than a bench player is stretching it.

Booker plays hard. I like that. But to suggest he is anything more than a bench player is stretching it.

Obviously it was a
troll-face-meme-smiley-emoticon.gif
comment. Thanks for taking me seriously though.

But it wouldn't hurt to have his energy rub off on the rest of the players. He's arguably the most energetic player on this roster.