What's new

Jazz Bear FIRED

Exactly... the word wouldn’t have been used. In a job that is physically demanding you could be let go because you can no longer perform... but that would have been addressed in the offseason.

If we never find out I’m going to imagine he argued with his boss about using silly string on opposing team fans... and he stormed off and was like “if they won’t let me do silly string I’m out this place eff off” and that was that.

I still don't follow. A company would be sued for firing someone based on age. I would think they would be reshuffled into a different position in the organization until retirement.

Wow. Never expected to get on Jazzfanz today and see this. Kind of shocked and don't know what to say. All I got is that he'll be missed. Hopefully the replacement does a good job. Dang...

And let's not convict people before the accusations are proven.
"Who knows, but the feminists are getting their revenge on men for keeping them at home tending to the kids and other domestic duties for so long."

Is this not "convicting " feminists of making baseless accusations for purposes of gaining revenge without evidence?
This is the false narrative I was referring to. Labeling the entire #metoo movement as politically motivated liars aiming to take down unjustly accused men. As if men are the true victims in all sexual assault accusations. This false narrative keeps the true victims from coming forward.
I don't think it is a binary choice. We can protect due process, and still encourage people to come forward when they are assaulted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
I still don't follow. A company would be sued for firing someone based on age. I would think they would be reshuffled into a different position in the organization until retirement.

Right... which is why I assumed something happened. If someone aged out it wouldn’t be called a firing... it would be not bringing back going a different direction and there’d be some severance or something.

My dad was essentially “let go” because of age. Signed severance papers before talking to me or a lawyer.

This has some bad juju.

Who broke this 'story'? Probably should give a reason instead of allowing for speculation right?

He only accepted another opportunity

grizz-page-header-111817092-777.jpg

Uh yeah. It's not exactly an uncommon occurence.
That's right. People lie. Maybe Keillor distorted the situation with the one woman. I suspect he was embarrassed because that is not his normal persona. He slipped there and felt guilty. At least that's my sense of it. If you note, none of the reports, emails, etc are tied to anyone identifiable but the one woman. That's my reading of it. Kind of like Clarence Thomas with Anita Hill, though Thomas went way beyond that. Haven't you been obsessed, infatuated with someone? It happens to all of us. There's a lot of viciousness and hatred in the MeToo movement. And I do think Ford was part of plot to block Kavanaugh. I have read that she actually has a connection with the CIA, and not just herself but her father too.

Is this not "convicting " feminists of making baseless accusations for purposes of gaining revenge without evidence?

We can protect due process, and still encourage people to come forward when they are assaulted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't totally agree with your first point because in some instances, this is occurring. But I do agree with the second point. My main point is that a person is innocent until proven guilty in a system of laws, but when you take a mob mentality and emotions run high, things get hysterical, and people are convicted, as one poster said, in the court of public opinion and they can never get justice if they are innocent. This is wrong.

I think metoo has been a really powerful eye opening movement... I had no idea how common this stuff was cuz I’m naive and have never been in an environment where the stuff was happening. Anything like this will get used for unintended purposes but I’ve got 3 daughters so hopefully scumbags are so scared of this stuff that they stay the hell away from anything that could or can be interpreted as unwanted sexual advances. It may come with some bad but the other side is so much worse.

Allah dis

My momma taught me right so I never really ever thought about brazenly making suggestions or other far worse things... the metoo opened my eyes to how common this garbage is. I honestly can't think of real reasons a woman would falsely accuse someone of something like this either. If you were a public figure or there was some revenge factor I guess, but those will be the extremely rare circumstances.

I just hope political morons don't use metoo to fit their agendas and give ammo to those that would neuter it's purpose.

While i think its rare, i can think of a reason a woman (or man) would falsley accuse someone..... cause many men and women are assholes/jerks/dicks/etc.

Simply to try to hurt someone else would be reason enough to falsley accuse for some people.