What's new

Jazz Bear FIRED

Funny, how this started with a joke about MeToo and the craziness began. People need to concentrate on the game tonight. There are a lot of problems in the world. This board isn't going to settle them. Let's put our united energy in a win tonight.
The tone shifted pretty precisely at the point you flew off with some misogynistic ********. Everyone who called you out is 100% right for doing so. There is no place, online on a sports forum, or otherwise, where that **** can be allowed to slide.

Seeing rumors on Twitter that it was about a harassment complaint from years ago. I would bet a lot of money there are far more skeletons in the closet in the House That Larry Built... For such a squeaky clean franchise to have relatively few issues like this? Loyalty doesn't go as far as it did when Larry was around.

In any case, it's an absolute shame. Ever since his passing (it'll be 10 years from February 2019), the non-basketball side of the Jazz have slipped into an airtight corporate coma. Rumors are a lot of things have changed internally... it'll be interesting to see if anything else comes to light or if Jon chooses to sue the Jazz. This certainly doesn't sound like it was a mutual decision.

What were the other bad omens?

That opening night prelude voiced by Alema was like an obvious foreshadowing in a tragic play.

"The team is everything" .

"These guys all love each other"

"Everyone is willing to sacrifice "

"Together they go higher "

It was a setup for a literary tragedy.

"Tragedy is a serious play or drama typically dealing with the problems of a central character, leading to an unhappy or disastrous ending brought on, as in ancient drama, by fate and a tragic flaw in this character"

I feel like this is my fault cuz I made the #metoo comment. I set Eenie off on a rampage.
You know how I am, I always think I'm right even if sometimes I'm wrong. But I will always fight for my opinions. In the end, I think both sides learn something. I know women have been sexually harassed probably 100 X more than men. I just don't like questionable accusations, especially when money and politics are involved. Things are evolving and this discussion is good for change and making things better.

The tone shifted pretty precisely at the point you flew off with some misogynistic ********. Everyone who called you out is 100% right for doing so. There is no place, online on a sports forum, or otherwise, where that **** can be allowed to slide.
That's your opinion.

And it's accurate.
To be accurate, you need to substantiate that the feminist movement wasn't founded because of women's dissatisfaction with their domestic role. I think if you read some of the early feminist books you will find there is a lot of truth to this comment (of course not the only reason but part of it), though I was actually being sarcastic when I said that.

To be accurate, you need to substantiate that the feminist movement wasn't founded because of women's dissatisfaction with their domestic role. I think if you read some of the early feminist books you will find there is a lot of truth to this comment (of course not the only reason but part of it), though I was actually being sarcastic when I said that.
You really are just completely clueless, aren't you?

I don't know how the Bear sues considering he said he quit. The news was shocking considering he just won Mascot of the Year.

I really love how the Metoo movement has caused men to rethink some of their behavior instead of using it to complain about feminists and play the victim.

I used to go slapping women coworkers on the ***, not anymore. Those days are long gone. Now I use their face.

Eh ? It works both ways. This leftist ***** is just as irritating.
misogynists are more annoying than non misogynists imo, but to each their own I guess.
Oh and btw I really hope it isn't just the "left" that is against misogyny. If the right is pro misogyny then that really sucks.

I really love how the Metoo movement has caused men to rethink some of their behavior instead of using it to complain about feminists and play the victim.

I tell the nurses at work all the time to stop touching me or i'll 'metoo' their arses.