What's new

Jazz "considering" Conley for Blake.

Collins might be worth a max extension, in all fairness. Someone in the market will likely give him one.
it's not "might". Collins is 100% max worthy and i'd be surprised if Hawks doesn't give him the money he deserves within the next few days.

the guy averages 21+10 on 58-40-80 shooting while giving you 1.6 blocks a game. That is INSANELY good.

I love Rudy but if it ever comes down to a trade, Collins would most definitely be one of the few guys that we should go after.

if they find Azubuike better than they'd thought and Rudy demands the supermax, why not
Yeah, of all the Rudy trade scenarios Atlanta is definitely the most interesting for me, even more so after their draft and free agency signings.

Conleys value is his huge contract coming off the books so they can pay Gobert and Mitchell and still be under the cap. Unfortunately Conley is staying the whole year.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Not happening. His contract is an albatross this year and next. And Blake isn’t what he was.

Just get Conley’s cap hold off the books and we can figure out how to use it.

DL’s first call every morning is to Conley’s maid service. He likes to know how Mike slept, if he’s feeling happy, and if there’s anything he can do to make him feel more welcome to retire a jazzman.

We aren’t trading him.

One washed up player for another while eating an even more massive contract for another year? I say hell no but DL is probably salivating at the thought. If Blake was still a super star, yeah but he's not.

lol this is silly. We have Favs now, who actually defends and isn't yet slowing down. It would make more sense to move Conley near the deadline as his contract will be attractive to other teams. We help a team out who wants some future signing flexibility and they give us pick(s) and hopefully a player(s) who can help us. The only way I don't see this scenario happening is if Conley starts playing up to the expectations of DL and JZ.

I've been saying for years that Blake Griffin is a fantastic fit on our team. If Don is our PG, which he should be, Blake is a perfect point forward to share the court. He can run the pick and roll with Gobert. He can spread the floor, facilitate, play adequate defense. For those worried about the Lakers and Bucks, Blake is perfect. He's the type guy who will get AD and Giannis in foul trouble. He's going to make them work so much harder on the defensive end.

If this is Conley vs Blake, it's a no brainer. Blake makes us closer to contention. The cost is severe due to Blake's 2021-22 contract number, but if you want to contend, you have to pay the price. If we have Favors and Blake, we have the luxury in the regular season to rest them as much as possible. We don't have to push those guys at all. Come playoff time, we are that much more dangerous and deep.

Conley for Blake and a great asset. If we are going to be a luxury team, just go all out. This team with Blake in place of Conley is a true contender.

I've been saying for years that Blake Griffin is a fantastic fit on our team. If Don is our PG, which he should be, Blake is a perfect point forward to share the court. He can run the pick and roll with Gobert. He can spread the floor, facilitate, play adequate defense. For those worried about the Lakers and Bucks, Blake is perfect. He's the type guy who will get AD and Giannis in foul trouble. He's going to make them work so much harder on the defensive end.

If this is Conley vs Blake, it's a no brainer. Blake makes us closer to contention. The cost is severe due to Blake's 2021-22 contract number, but if you want to contend, you have to pay the price. If we have Favors and Blake, we have the luxury in the regular season to rest them as much as possible. We don't have to push those guys at all. Come playoff time, we are that much more dangerous and deep.

Conley for Blake and a great asset. If we are going to be a luxury team, just go all out. This team with Blake in place of Conley is a true contender.
Do you think we’re getting the clippers Blake? The only reason you do this trade is if you think Griffin puts you over the top. Hate to put LoPo in a bad mood but it doesn’t. This is a massively bad idea for the jazz

Do you think we’re getting the clippers Blake? The only reason you do this trade is if you think Griffin puts you over the top. Hate to put LoPo in a bad mood but it doesn’t. This is a massively bad idea for the jazz
Agreed. The current Blake is nothing like the LAC Blake. This whole thing seems bogus.

Blake has a player option next year for just under a billion dollars.

WTH would The Jazz put themselves in that situation with an oft-injured ball dominant player past his prime?

The only way the jazz would even consider this deal is if they gave us this next years first with no protection on it, and even then it’s extremely risky.

Blake Griffin was an absolute force in 2018-19. He played 75 regular season games averaging 24.5ppg, 7.5rpg, 5.4apg while shooting 36% from 3. He did all this on a pretty terrible team that he carried to the playoffs. https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/griffbl01/gamelog/2019/

Last year, Detroit shelved him so he can have a necessary surgery, traded away Drummond and tanked.

We all saw the data from last year - we were actually a better team when Conley sat. I have no reason to believe that the same would happen with Blake. He's a multifaceted scorer. He can play at PF so Bojan can play at SF. He allows us to diversify our matchups so much more than Conley.

Blake Griffin was an absolute force in 2018-19. He played 75 regular season games averaging 24.5ppg, 7.5rpg, 5.4apg while shooting 36% from 3. He did all this on a pretty terrible team that he carried to the playoffs.
LMAO. two things. Of course you will pull his season up from two years ago, why not pull up last year, I’ll tell you why... because you’re in love with trading, and last year doesn’t help you make your case. Second, who cares that he led them to the playoffs. Did he do it in the west? Did the pistons win more regular season games then than they lost? The answer to both questions is no!!
Last year, Detroit shelved him so he can have a necessary surgery, traded away Drummond and tanked.
He still played 18 games and fell off a cliff. Big surprise he wasn’t fully healthy, he rarely is, and if we trade for him there’s a better chance he will just get injured again looking at his track record
We all saw the data from last year - we were actually a better team when Conley sat. I have no reason to believe that the same would happen with Blake. He's a multifaceted scorer. He can play at PF so Bojan can play at SF. He allows us to diversify our matchups so much more than Conley.
I could care less about any of that. The main thing to know is, 1. Conley’s deal comes off the books befor Griffin’s 2. Griffin isn’t winning us a title, so why in the hell is this at all a good idea, especially since we can trade Conley at the deadline. And he’s a more valuable trade chip this year than Griffin.

I love this site sometimes... most the credible reporting is we are done...

JazzFanz..... we gonna get Blake!!!!!