What's new

Jazz "considering" Conley for Blake.

Why do we allow misleading titles like the one this post has, that misleadingly represent a misleading article from a site designed to mislead readers about what's actually going on in the NBA? And why are we 60+ comments into seeming to take it somewhat seriously?

They are different players, but they play the same positions, and we already have too much money at those positions, and not enough focused on the 1-3. How would you divide up the 4-5 between Gobert, Griffin, Favors, and Bogdanovic?
Bojan is a PF/SF
Griffin is a PF
Favors is a PF/C

Gobert is a C so that's irrelevant

Favors is the worst option of the 3. He will get most of his minutes at back up C (12-14mpg). He maybe gets 5-10mpg at PF.

Bojan and Griffin could share 40mpg at PF. Bojan could get 15+ mpg at SF.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Bojan is a PF/SF
Griffin is a PF
Favors is a PF/C

Gobert is a C so that's irrelevant

Favors is the worst option of the 3. He will get most of his minutes at back up C (12-14mpg). He maybe gets 5-10mpg at PF.

Bojan and Griffin could share 40mpg at PF. Bojan could get 15+ mpg at SF.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Bojan is not a PF lol. And for the record, I'd go as far as calling him a big SG than a PF.

Lol. He’s not a sg. Can you imagine him trying to chase sg’s all over the place. He’s too slow and can’t guard 2’s
We play the drop big scheme so you can survive playing zero perimeter D on this team. But just imagine putting him on AD, Giannis, siakam, etc. His rebounding ability certainly doesn't help either

Why do we allow misleading titles like the one this post has, that misleadingly represent a misleading article from a site designed to mislead readers about what's actually going on in the NBA? And why are we 60+ comments into seeming to take it somewhat seriously?
Is it more credible than 25 Lopo trade machines?

I bet. they talked and this might get looked at again at the deadline. It'll all depend on how Conley gels this season, and how healthy Griffin and Rose look. May go somewhere, probably go nowhere. Tony Jones says the Jazz are set for now.

Favors and Griffin are completely different players.

And your logic is flawed. The Lakers have AD and Kuz so why did they care about getting Morris? Contenders need waves of guys that can play SF and PF.
Kuzma and AD are two VERY flexible, dynamic players who can play multiple positions. Favors and Blake are both 4s in the league.

I would be shocked to see Conley traded now unless the Jazz get a really good offer for him. He was just fitting in for the playoffs and I think the Jazz want to see how he does this year. Or at least increase his trade value. If we trade him it will be closer to the trade deadline. Other teams might be more desperate, his contract will not be a big deal, and maybe he show cases himself a little better than last regular season. I know he isnt the best fit and I know some have irrational hatred towards him, but he is a good asset and not someone to just dump. I like the idea of Griffin if he is healthy but both teams want an asset on top of that trade and neither will give something up. I think Houston trades need to happen before any other big trades happen as well.

How are his 2018-19 numbers not relevant? He only played 18 games last year while hurt. Sure his numbers suffered, but he was hurt. However, he was still one of the top players in all of basketball just the season before. It's not like he blew an ACL or Achilles. He had a procedure similar to Bojan. Something didn't feel right and he addressed it. https://clutchpoints.com/pistons-ne...hy-he-chose-to-shut-it-down-get-knee-surgery/

The question is - are we trying to win a title? Yes

Does a healthy Blake help us more than Conley? Yes

If we traded Conley for Blake, would I expect to get a long term asset? Yes

So is it worth it to me? Absolutely
Blake does not help anybody win a title. His teams don’t win in the playoffs. Athletic and entertaining? Yes. Championship caliber and smooth on team chemistry? Definitely not.

this is just garbage news outlet made up trade scenario.

Didn't we already have rose and got rid of him first chance. Oh but that one game against us

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Not sure if anyone wrote this already. I'm late to the game and not about to read through 4 pages. Didn't the Jazz already trade for Derrick Rose in a 3 team deal with Sac and Cleveland a few years back? We sent Joe Johnson to the Kings and Rodney Hill to the Cavs in exchange for Crowder and Rose who DL immediately released. And then he dropped 50 on us. Not defending one way or the other but DL may or may not be chasing dreams with this one. Add in A broken Griffen, and there are more questions than answers. Why? Why didn't we give Rose a chance 3 years ago when we got him for a salary dump and why would we trade for him now? Even with Griffen? Why is there excitement over this? How injured do we want to be? Should we also build a glass house to play in?

Not sure if anyone wrote this already. I'm late to the game and not about to read through 4 pages. Didn't the Jazz already trade for Derrick Rose in a 3 team deal with Sac and Cleveland a few years back? We sent Joe Johnson to the Kings and Rodney Hill to the Cavs in exchange for Crowder and Rose who DL immediately released. And then he dropped 50 on us. Not defending one way or the other but DL may or may not be chasing dreams with this one. Add in A broken Griffen, and there are more questions than answers. Why? Why didn't we give Rose a chance 3 years ago when we got him for a salary dump and why would we trade for him now? Even with Griffen? Why is there excitement over this? How injured do we want to be? Should we also build a glass house to play in?
Don't worry...this is pure trash.
This trade will never happen.
Yes, DL might not be the best GM in the league but he's not so crazy at all (or at least I hope so :rolleyes:)