What's new

Jazz draft Brice Sensabaugh at 28

I’d love to see what he could be if he lost 30 lb’s
The Jazz already said they would need him to "mold and lean out" his body better... kind of a code for "he needs to slim down". Probably won't be 30lbs... but 10-15 is doable IMO and it probably will serve him well on both ends of the floor.
The terms haven't really changed. A wing is a 2/3 and a forward is a 3/4. Those obviously overlap, but I would definitely more call him a 3/4. I don't see him playing much guard which is 1/2. But I could be wrong on him, I don't know much about him. But he did mostly play forward in college so his stats would be representative of a player from that position for comparison purposes.

He isn't a guard he is a small forward and maybe a small ball power forward.

He won't be guarding shorter quick players...

Agreed he ideally won't be guarding shorter quick players... at least not at this weight. But I still think he's much more a 2-3 than a 3-4... especially if he slims down a bit(Zanik said he needs to do that in his presser) ,,, and especially since we have plethora of players who fit better guarding 4s than 2s and 3s.

For example, do you see him playing more with only one of Lauri, Hendricks, Kessler, Olynyk... another big or with 2 of them?

Last edited:
He won’t be guarding anyone for a while if the Ohio State film is anything close to where he is. He didn’t get bullied in the post but dudes got around him cleanly with very basic moves.

I like him… I think he has a chance to get on the court. He will be the worst defensive rookie we’ve had since Grayson Allen to start his career… not sure what Hardy’s taste for that will be.

Again… I like him a lot. The defense has to be waaaay better or he will be playing for @homeytennis ’s stars
He will be having the Stars win the championship.

The terms haven't really changed. A wing is a 2/3 and a forward is a 3/4. Those obviously overlap, but I would definitely more call him a 3/4. I don't see him playing much guard which is 1/2. But I could be wrong on him, I don't know much about him. But he did mostly play forward in college so his stats would be representative of a player from that position for comparison purposes.
Just split the difference and narrow it down. He is a three

My somewhat off-the-beaten-path stat indicator for future stardom of a late 1st-2nd round guards/wings is sounding the alarm pretty loud for Brice. His per 40 rebounds is 8.8, which is REALLY high for a guard. Hope his health holds up...

Rebounding is so underrated and the Jazz were one of the worst defensive rebounding teams in the league last year (got way better with Kessler though). There's no doubt he will be BBQ chicken on the perimeter, but it's nice that he can contribute to defense in some way. One of the player's I've compared Brice to is Bogey, and while everyone loves Bogey, one of his big deficiencies is that he provided no rebounding. If we try some 5 out lineups with Lauri+Hendricks, I do have some concerns about not having enough strength/size/rebounding in those units but having a good rebounding 3 (who cares about the positions) is a nice benefit.

I think it's still important to have good primary perimeter defenders and that's a gap in this roster....but in this day in age almost everyone is bbq chicken 1v1 on the perimeter. What it comes down to is how strong your help defense is, and I the strength of our new lineup is having multiple A+ help defenders.

Brice's defense was so bad last year it kind of seemed fake and that leads me to believe it's all tied to his knee thing. You solve the health/weight combined with a sincere commitment to improvement and he should be much better than he has shown.

Needs to lose the weight for sure. This isn't a THT situation where he can survive with extra weight. 3 surgeries in 5 years is why we got him.

Brice's defense was so bad last year it kind of seemed fake and that leads me to believe it's all tied to his knee thing. You solve the health/weight combined with a sincere commitment to improvement and he should be much better than he has shown.

Needs to lose the weight for sure. This isn't a THT situation where he can survive with extra weight. 3 surgeries in 5 years is why we got him.
Losing weight won’t grow the meniscus back. He’s going to need real surgery if he’s going to stick around in this league.

What’s the track record of 19 year olds with such bad meniscus that he can’t even do pre-draft stuff or summer league? Or defend?

Losing weight won’t grow the meniscus back. He’s going to need real surgery if he’s going to stick around in this league.

What’s the track record of 19 year olds with such bad meniscus that he can’t even do pre-draft stuff or summer league? Or defend?
Whatever it is, it's worth a gamble with the 28th pick.