What's new

Jazz draft Brice Sensabaugh at 28

If he’s healthy, Brice might be the best of our 3 rookies right at this moment. He should be able to play right away and be a bench scorer as long as his knees are fine.

This isn’t a dig at the other two guys, Brice was insanely productive in college. 27/9/2 per40.

My somewhat off-the-beaten-path stat indicator for future stardom of a late 1st-2nd round guards/wings is sounding the alarm pretty loud for Brice. His per 40 rebounds is 8.8, which is REALLY high for a guard. Hope his health holds up...

My somewhat off-the-beaten-path stat indicator for future stardom of a late 1st-2nd round guards/wings is sounding the alarm pretty loud for Brice. His per 40 rebounds is 8.8, which is REALLY high for a guard. Hope his health holds up...
Yeah if Markannen is out of position with rebounding then the supporting cast needs up their game.. :)

Yeah if Markannen is out of position with rebounding then the supporting cast needs up their game.. :)
In a weird way the rebounding for guards serves as an indicator for possible path for developing on-ball game in the league. It shows engagement and drive, it shows "I want the ball" type of mentality(again when talking about guards/wings where rebounding is not their primary role). Some guards/wings drafted late 1st-2nd where you don't expect them to become on-ball creators, become that type of players IF they have high rebounding rate. Jimmy Butler, Kris Middleton, Desmond Bane, Keldon Johnson are some of the players who had high rebounding numbers in college, but nobody expected them to become offensive initiators in the NBA.

Isn't he a forward?

To be honest, in modern NBA there is no meaningful difference between a wing and a forward. He's a perimeter player.
The terms haven't really changed. A wing is a 2/3 and a forward is a 3/4. Those obviously overlap, but I would definitely more call him a 3/4. I don't see him playing much guard which is 1/2. But I could be wrong on him, I don't know much about him. But he did mostly play forward in college so his stats would be representative of a player from that position for comparison purposes.

He isn't a guard he is a small forward and maybe a small ball power forward.

He won't be guarding shorter quick players...
He won’t be guarding anyone for a while if the Ohio State film is anything close to where he is. He didn’t get bullied in the post but dudes got around him cleanly with very basic moves.

I like him… I think he has a chance to get on the court. He will be the worst defensive rookie we’ve had since Grayson Allen to start his career… not sure what Hardy’s taste for that will be.

Again… I like him a lot. The defense has to be waaaay better or he will be playing for @homeytennis ’s stars