What's new

Jazz draft Brice Sensabaugh at 28

I’ll just hope he loses some weight and that his knee issue isn’t in the meniscus (though that is something I specifically recall since that’s probably the most problematic knee issue).
I saw some shirtless workout at the beach photos… if he’s fat it’s the right kinda fat.

I didn't really pay attention to the draft so my green opinion after watching some highlight vids is Brice is a badass and Keyonte is kind of meh. Keyonte's body seems small for the NBA.
He's three inches taller than Donovan. . .

I like the pick a LOT more after doing a deep dive on him. A couple of thoughts. . .

A.) Meniscus injuries are nothing to laugh at, but I thought it was ACL problems. I trust the Jazz medical staff and strength and conditioning program to help in those areas.

B.) He’s a SG/SF version of Jabari Parker. If you liked Jabari as a basketball player, you’ll love Brice.

C.) He’s not the same caliber of athlete and doesn’t have nearly the handle, but a lot of what he does well is Harden-esque.

D.) I do like that he’s super young and the coaches have a chance to build him up in the image they see in him. Hopefully, he pans out. Could be a huge pick if he can play defense.

Crazy stat from Hoop Intellect.

There have been 18 one and dones w/ a OBPM over 7. 16 of them went top 8. The two who didnt were big men (ironically Vernon Carey Jr who the Jazz signed at the end of the year is one of them) who had high advanced stats off traditional big man stuff.

Crazy stat from Hoop Intellect.

There have been 18 one and dones w/ a OBPM over 7. 16 of them went top 8. The two who didnt were big men (ironically Vernon Carey Jr who the Jazz signed at the end of the year is one of them) who had high advanced stats off traditional big man stuff.
Who are the 16?

Beasley
Love
Zion
Ayton
Fultz
Davis
Kyrie
Chet
Bagley
Lonzo
D'Lo
Jabari SMith Jr
Evan Mobley
Jahlil Okafor
Trae Young
Lauri!
Jamal Murray
Brandon Miller

Guys who didnt go top 8:
Veron Carey Jr
Bol Bol
Super interesting group. It’s definitely an intriguing pick the more I learn. Thanks for the info. Hopefully he comes out and makes everyone else look silly.

A.) Meniscus injuries are nothing to laugh at, but I thought it was ACL problems.
Meniscus is (way) more problematic. You can strengthen and rehab ligaments and tendons, you can only address meniscus through surgery, and basically nobody does the right surgery to repair meniscus (which requires close to a year off; this is what Sexton did and he’s smart for that).

If he’s missing time for complications from meniscus damage (ostensibly the reason he didn’t workout for teams this year) then he needs to get surgery and aggressively cut weight. There aren’t non-invasive ways to seriously address the issue.

For me, the frequency of actual medical red flags is quite rare. Meniscus issues are one of them. Musculoskeletally, it’s below ****ed up discs in the spine and above almost everything else within reason.

I meant his frame. They have him at 6'4" and 185lbs. He looked pretty damn skinny yesterday during the draft.
funny because one of the criticisms (legit) is that he's been too fat. came to baylor at 225, is actually at about 200 now. we don't have to worry about george being too skinny - really need to hope he can stay slimmed down and keep it around 200-210, which i have no doubt he'll do playing bball full time and under the supervision of pro strength and conditioning. but naturally, he's a thicker kid. if he looks skinny, it means he worked his *** off to get in elite shape.