What's new

Jazz draft Keyonte George at 16

I thought the beat writers already said we want to groom him to be a PG. That would eat Dunns minutes more than anyone elses imo.
So? Everyone in the backcourt is going to be groomed to play PG. They were grooming Ochai to do more ball in hand stuff towards the end of the year. They are going to let Keyonte be a scorer as well as a facilitator, but scoring is the strength of his game. He pairs HORRIBLY with Sexton. He fits well next to THT/Dunn.

A media interview is a media interview. Charisma isn't the same as NBA skill. But I will say there's an attitude--a self-assuredness combined with observant, accurate humility--that I've noticed in a lot of the greats. Maybe he'll never be a Steph or a Donovan, but their interviews are all highly similar.

It is wild how much weight he has gained/lost in the last year. It's hard to see it in the body, but his face looks so much skinnier than it did at Baylor.
He's like me. When I gain any sort of weight at all, it first goes right to my face and bloats it out before it hits anywhere else.

Kinda sucks.

A media interview is a media interview. Charisma isn't the same as NBA skill. But I will say there's an attitude--a self-assuredness combined with observant, accurate humility--that I've noticed in a lot of the greats. Maybe he'll never be a Steph or a Donovan, but their interviews are all highly similar.
I had the same impression. The way he holds himself at only 19 is extremely impressive

So? Everyone in the backcourt is going to be groomed to play PG. They were grooming Ochai to do more ball in hand stuff towards the end of the year. They are going to let Keyonte be a scorer as well as a facilitator, but scoring is the strength of his game. He pairs HORRIBLY with Sexton. He fits well next to THT/Dunn.
I believe they want all the guards to be able to handle the ball at points. Some obviously more than others though.

Part of me feels like there is some outside shot Keyonte could have rookie Donovan impact if given the chance. This Utah team probably wont be setup for that to be possible, but I think he could potentially be a big time scorer from Day 1.
Feeling the same way... why I changed my homer pick to him...