What's new

Jazz draft Keyonte George at 16

I think Keyonte can play PG, he’s going to be at his best running high PnR….but man that is a huge burden on him or anyone else in that position.

Ochai+Hendricks+Lauri+Kessler means that Keyonte has to be Luka. Great spacing and roll targets, but no self creation at all.

Realistically, I think you can only start one of Ochai/Hendricks. Gotta get Clarkson and/or Kelly in the starting lineup.
why do you have to get clarkson or kelly in the starting lineup? the jazz need to tank this upcoming season - their own pick is protected in the top 10 and they aren't close to contending. george, ochai and hendricks should all start and play 35 mpg. sensabaugh should be first guy off the bench and don't re-sign clarkson.

Last edited:
Guys that are god awful with efficiency in college almost never become efficient scorers in the NBA
quentin grimes as a freshman 49% TS. second year in the league - 62% TS. that's basically the first dude i remembered. took me about 30 seconds to find that.

(edit) second guy i looked at - Tyrese Maxey - 53% TS, second year in the league 59% TS, third year 61% TS.

Cam Reddish 49% TS, third year in the leauge 56% TS - that isn't a great number (though it's fine), but it's a huge improvement. George improves that much, he's in the 58-59% range.

immanuel quickly 54% TS as a frosh, 58% TS in his third season.

i could go on, but the point has been made. these are just dudes i though just off the top of my head and just from the last 3 or 4 drafts. if i did actual research, no doubt there are plenty more.

Last edited:
why do you have to get clarkson or kelly in the starting lineup? the jazz need to tank this upcoming season - their own pick is protected in the top 10 and they aren't close to contending. george, ochai and hendricks should all start and play 35 mpg. sensabaugh should be first guy off the bench and don't re-sign clarkson.

Well, if you’re trying to lose on purpose there’s no need to do anything. By all means throw out a lineup that’s garbage if that’s the goal. But it’s not really an interesting discussion to try to determine which lineup will help us lose.

I get what you’re saying and not disagreeing, but man the NBA stinks when so much of the conversation is about losing.

Dude is an absolute steal at 16. Our first 2 picks are as good as they could have been at our draft position. Both top 10 talent. If he can shore up his handle and decision making, unlimited ceiling.

Well, if you’re trying to lose on purpose there’s no need to do anything. By all means throw out a lineup that’s garbage if that’s the goal. But it’s not really an interesting discussion to try to determine which lineup will help us lose.

I get what you’re saying and not disagreeing, but man the NBA stinks when so much of the conversation is about losing.
that should be the goal. and i get what you're saying that the nba stinks when so much of the conversation is about losing, but you don't trade literally everybody on your roster if losing isn't part of the plan - you have to lose to get better. but you can't half *** it or you end up in NBA purgatory forever. my opinion since last summer when the jazz made it clear they didn't want to try to contend was to tank in 2023 and 2024 and then go for it. unfortunately they screwed up the tank in 2023 and got burned, so hopefully they learned their lesson and they do it right in 2024.

quentin grimes as a freshman 49% TS. second year in the league - 62% TS. that's basically the first dude i remembered. took me about 30 seconds to find that.

(edit) second guy i looked at - Tyrese Maxey - 53% TS, second year in the league 59% TS, third year 61% TS.

Cam Reddish 49% TS, third year in the leauge 56% TS - that isn't a great number (though it's fine), but it's a huge improvement. George improves that much, he's in the 58-59% range.

immanuel quickly 54% TS as a frosh, 58% TS in his third season.

i could go on, but the point has been made. these are just dudes i though just off the top of my head and just from the last 3 or 4 drafts. if i did actual research, no doubt there are plenty more.
Only Reddish left college as a sub .40% FG guy, if George becomes the next Reddish, he'll be considered a major bust, just like Cam.

careful reading too much into the college numbers of an 18 year old. they are so far from finished products. he is a high ceiling dude who is highly skilled.
He was also playing the 3 at Baylor. He will hopefully be a point for the Jazz. His stats will look different.

Last edited:
Sub 40% from the field isn't good my boy, you can tell yourself whatever you want. If you watch George play it's clear he's a subpar athlete which is why he has to settle for so many pullups
did somebody say it was good? the fact it's not good is the point. lol. i just gave you several examples of dudes who were highly inefficient as 18/19 year olds and became efficient scorers in the nba.