What's new

Jazz draft Keyonte George at 16

did somebody say it was good? the fact it's not good is the point. lol. i just gave you several examples of dudes who were highly inefficient as 18/19 year olds and became efficient scorers in the nba.
Cam Reddish is the prime example of nba efficiency.

Better chance Keyonte plays fat bastard in the Austin Powers reboot than there is of him becoming a good NBA player

College Freshman Year TS% and EFG%:

Keyonte George: 54.0% / 48.3%
Donovan Mitchell: 52.7% / 48.9%

In case anybody's wondering.
another example. DM TS% as a frosh 52.7% nearly identical to George. by his third season in the league 56%, 6th season 61%.

but if you're 18 and inefficient in college you can't be efficient in the nba. so adorable. has youngjefe always been this dumb?

Keyonte has some positives
Has good enough size, looks very explosive, good ball handler, good shooter
He seems to have good upside

another example. DM TS% as a frosh 52.7% nearly identical to George. by his third season in the league 56%, 6th season 61%.

but if you're 18 and inefficient in college you can't be efficient in the nba. so adorable. has youngjefe always been this dumb?
Don shot 44% as a college freshman
George shot 37% as a college freshman

Virtually identical

This is actually a fun exercise btw:

More college stats:

De'Aaron Fox: 54.9 TS%, 49.8 EFG%
Zach Lavine: 54.5 TS%, 52.4 EFG%

lol

Mitchell shot 2.3 3's per game, George shot 6.9.

This is why stats like TS% and EFG% exist, to account for the fact that 3>2.
Don didn’t have to rely on chucking 3s because he wasn’t a fattie that struggled to explode past people. Same for Lavine and Fox

the fact you only look at FG% tells me all i need to know about engaging you in discussion. when you argue mlb pitching, do you focus on win/loss record too? what year is it?
The fact that you think George is on the level of Donovan despite being obese tells me everything I need to know

College Freshman Year TS% and EFG%:

Keyonte George: 54.0% / 48.3%
Donovan Mitchell: 52.7% / 48.9%

In case anybody's wondering.
Unfortunately Keyonte is nowhere as athletic as Don. He doesn't have the explosiveness of Don. He doesn't have Don's first step ability to get his shoulder past his defender. He certainly can't finish at the rim like Don. He doesn't even have the passing ability of Don. I'll just call him overweight, unathletic Don. Bottomline he can't be compared to guys like Don, Lavine or Fox who all had super athleticism coming out of college.

I think in 2-3 years we might all be regretting they passed on JHS who the Lakers snapped up with the very next pick. To me JHS has the more modern NBA game especially with his advanced floater shot and passing skill. We shall see.

quentin grimes as a freshman 49% TS. second year in the league - 62% TS. that's basically the first dude i remembered. took me about 30 seconds to find that.

(edit) second guy i looked at - Tyrese Maxey - 53% TS, second year in the league 59% TS, third year 61% TS.

Cam Reddish 49% TS, third year in the leauge 56% TS - that isn't a great number (though it's fine), but it's a huge improvement. George improves that much, he's in the 58-59% range.

immanuel quickly 54% TS as a frosh, 58% TS in his third season.

i could go on, but the point has been made. these are just dudes i though just off the top of my head and just from the last 3 or 4 drafts. if i did actual research, no doubt there are plenty more.

His TS% was .524. Spida’s as a frosh was .527. Okay, I’m off the ledge.

Unfortunately Keyonte is nowhere as athletic as Don. He doesn't have the explosiveness of Don. He doesn't have Don's first step ability to get his shoulder past his defender. He certainly can't finish at the rim like Don. He doesn't even have the passing ability of Don. I'll just call him overweight, unathletic Don. Bottomline he can't be compared to guys like Don, Lavine or Fox who all had super athleticism coming out of college.

I think in 2-3 years we might all be regretting they passed on JHS who the Lakers snapped up with the very next pick. To me JHS has the more modern NBA game especially with his advanced floater shot and passing skill. We shall see.
you're missing the point - the point is a player can be inefficient as a frosh and become a good and efficient nba player. mitchell is just one of several examples. nobody is saying they are similar players.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Keyonte is nowhere as athletic as Don. He doesn't have the explosiveness of Don. He doesn't have Don's first step ability to get his shoulder past his defender. He certainly can't finish at the rim like Don. He doesn't even have the passing ability of Don.
You're really missing the point if you think I'm saying he'll turn into Don.

you're missing the point - the point is a player can be inefficient as a frosh and become a good and efficient nba player. mitchell is just one of several examples.
Yep. That's all my point is. YoungJefe said college players with bad efficiency almost never become efficient in the NBA.

If that were true (it isn't, it's blatantly false), it wouldn't be so easy to come up with examples off the top of our heads.