What's new

Jazz draft Keyonte George at 16

I seem to remember that last guard from Baylor the Jazz drafted and everyone was so high on him. What was his name? I forget.
Jared Butler? ah yes Zanic even said we got our guy. we took him despite his heart condition but struggled under Quin and lost his minutes to Forrest. i blame Quin here favoring his vets and his robotic rotations. what if he played for Hardy? What if

Watching his array of offensive moves I'm super excited. I see a little Booker in there, and that step back reminds me a little of Harden.
His dribbling, ability to switch hands on drives, and cross over (nasty!) are all high level.

I'm not saying hes going to become a star but he has the skills to. Lets see how it plays out.

I think there is a very outside chance that Keyonte gets in the ROY conversation. I think these things would need to happen:

- Jazz don't sign another guard
- Keyonte beats out Dunn and THT in the guard rotation OR Clarkson and THT move on.
- Jazz stick to their talking point that Sexton is not a starter and Agbaji is.

Keyonte could be looking at an opportunity to have regular rotation minutes in rotations where he could have the ball in his hands a ton with a spaced floor and a pretty good supporting cast.
Keyonte will be competing with Sexton/Clarkson/Ochai more than THT/Dunn imo.

I seem to remember that last guard from Baylor the Jazz drafted and everyone was so high on him. What was his name? I forget.
I can't remember where he was drafted but I think I was really late.

Ochai. Clarkson. Tucker. Dunn. Long ago, the four Guards lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Free Agency attacked. Only the Combo Guard, master of all four skills (passing, shooting, defense, and ball handling), could surpass them, but when the Jazz needed him most, he was traded to Cleveland. (It feels like) A hundred years passed and my fellow JazzFAnz and I discovered the new Combo Guard, a rookie named George. And although his shooting skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready for the starting lineup. But I believe Keyonte can save the world.
Avatar the last airbender. Nice! My kids were just watching that.

The optimist in me says we took him based on handles,iq and upside, the realist in me says we took him because there is little if any chance, we were getting a prospect of his caliber even after a meh frosh yr, in next years draft unless we were top 5. This drafts depth at the top makes the clarity on how much value it was taking him at 16.
Drafting another Sexton ,with a little better size, that went twice as many picks later as the Cavs drafted him at 8. Has to say something about them shopping Sexton as well
Elliot Cadeau at 5-8 next draft is the ask for a similar prospect book it

Keyonte’s suit reminds me of one of my favourite artist, he’s a New Zealand artist called Max Gimblet (based in New York)

Below are some of his works.

IMG_2712.jpeg

IMG_2713.jpeg

Jared Butler? ah yes Zanic even said we got our guy. we took him despite his heart condition but struggled under Quin and lost his minutes to Forrest. i blame Quin here favoring his vets and his robotic rotations. what if he played for Hardy? What if
He was on the team and cut by Hardy last year