What's new

Jazz draft Taylor Hendricks at 9

In terms of lineups, is it crazy to just start him at the 2?

Kessler
KO
Lauri
Hendricks
Sexton

I want to see him sink or swim against the best offensive players....whoever it is. You really only saw him guard the perimeter (on ball) in switch situations and it was often against crappy players. But there's certainly more than "slivers of optomism" for this part of his game. I think he's kinda upright, but nothing too bad. He could be really good with enough reps. I would want to have as many of his minutes matched up with opposing stars as possible.

Kessler
KO
Lauri
Hendricks
Sexton

I want to see him sink or swim against the best offensive players....whoever it is. You really only saw him guard the perimeter (on ball) in switch situations and it was often against crappy players. But there's certainly more than "slivers of optomism" for this part of his game. I think he's kinda upright, but nothing too bad. He could be really good with enough reps. I would want to have as many of his minutes matched up with opposing stars as possible.

I’ll do you one better let’s move KO to PG because of his amazing passing ability’s and bring in the best stretch 5 in the league at power forward so we get a lineup of

KO
Hendricks
Lauri
Jones
Kessler

Really smart pick for the Jazz. Hendricks has the same talent level as Kessler imo. Really good starter, and good enough
to be a starter on a title team. Yes, we need more, but both he and Kessler are nice pieces.

What really excites me is having some length and shot blocking on the team now. We really havent had this in a while and actually it could
end up being the best defensive 4/5 punch we've ever had. The potenial is there.

What I like about Hendricks is he is a safe pick. He's going to help us. Some say the ceiling isnt that high but i dont think we know yet.

Kessler
KO
Lauri
Hendricks
Sexton

It's not so much the position in the NBA more than the collective footspeed you have out on the floor at any given time. And this is not enough footspeed with everyone being a 3 point threat today.

It's not so much the position in the NBA more than the collective footspeed you have out on the floor at any given time. And this is not enough footspeed with everyone being a 3 point threat today.

The foot speed is what I want to see tested with Hendricks. I feel certain he’s going to be a good off ball help defender….not sure if he can chase guys around the perimeter and around screens. That just wasn’t his role, but he might be capable. Only one way to find out.

Meant to type forced.

Listen to what most of the draft experts were saying about him. Luck up Charles Barkley comments on Lauri Markkanen in college on YouTube. He was a special talent who was obviously super skilled. Put Markkanen on Hendricks team and his stats are way better most likely. Put Hendricks on that Arizona team and his stats most likely aren’t as good. He wouldn’t have been the best player on the roster Markkanen was on.

Actually if you take a deeper dive into the stats Markkanen looks like the much more affective player by miles.

No, he’s way more skilled. You are smarter than this fish. Love ya as a poster but in this manner it feels like you’re grasping at straws here. You aren’t looking at this rationally because you so badly want him to be great. He is what he is a 3@D player. I’m not hating, but at 9 he was the wrong pick. Personally I would’ve preferred the jazz pick Kobe Bufkin. Then maybe we would’ve picked cam 16
Dude, their stats are almost exactly the same.

I’m not a hater. I like Hendricks. I would’ve picked both Bufkin and Cam unless his fall was because of some serious medical or traded down.
If you hate Hendricks pick because you thought we should have taken cam then you should really really hate the George pick

The fact is he did very little with the ball in his hands
Crazy thing is that even though he did very little with the ball in his hands he still averaged more points per game than cam, black, walker, Bilal etc etc etc
Now that's impressive

This is probably my favorite Hendricks video I have seen yet. Great watch. Highly recommend it.
Talks about his fit specifically with the jazz and goes over Hendricks versatility on both ends of the court (I really liked the segment showing his perimeter defense on quick guards). Finishes with an awesome picture and small discussion of the young Utah jazz core of Hardy, Lauri, Ochai, Walker, Hendricks and George.

View: https://youtube.com/watch?v=kr-uLW2spRE&feature=share8

Dude, their stats are almost exactly the same.
Not really. Points came easier for Lauri. He also played on a much more talented team. Had he been on Hendricks team he would’ve put up even better numbers. There’s god knows how many conferences and 100+ teams of all different levels in division 1 basketball. There’s loads of undrafted dudes that will not make the nba with like stats. So unless they play in the same conference similar stats say nothing to what you’re saying.

Not really. Points came easier for Lauri. He also played on a much more talented team. Had he been on Hendricks team he would’ve put up even better numbers. There’s god knows how many conferences and 100+ teams of all different levels in division 1 basketball. There’s loads of undrafted dudes that will not make the nba with like stats. So unless they play in the same conference similar stats say nothing to what you’re saying.
Ah so you think Taylor Hendricks would be a worse player with a better coach and better teammates. Interesting theory. I hope you enjoy being the biggest hater on jazzfanz of our new guy. You try to hard to paint everything about him in a negative light.