What's new

Jazz hire David Fizdale as Associate GM

Players love Fizdale….but I do not like having a FO members whose career highlight is “take that for data!” while using data in a completely incorrect way.

Players love Fizdale….but I do not like having a FO members whose career highlight is “take that for data!” while using data in a completely incorrect way.
I don't want to **** on the hire but I definitely don't get it. If JZ leaves (as I think he will or should) and now Fizdale is the day-to-day guy... well that might not be my preference.

You know what I just thought about... Fizdale had a bit of a tumultuous tenor in NY... he can give Don the inside scoop on how dysfunctional it is there I guess.

I don't want to **** on the hire but I definitely don't get it. If JZ leaves (as I think he will or should) and now Fizdale is the day-to-day guy... well that might not be my preference.
I could be wrong but this seems like a hire you make for a bridge year so he can replace JZ. Does anyone know how long JZ has on his contract?

Imagine JZ moves on, Danny says F this, and we're left with Fitz as the man in charge...

It's important to have good relationships, and Fizdale certainly has that. I think Fizdale has shown that he is not a great basketball tactician, but maybe a FO is where he's better suited. I will reserve total judgement until after the off-season, but I'm not in love with any part of this FO. I never believed in the "believe in Zanik" because there was really no reason to. That's not saying he's bad, there is just no reason to believe that he was good or bad at his job because there's no info on that. Where I'm at is....until something good happens, I won't have any belief that anything good will happen. Whatever combo of Ainge/Smith/Zanik/Wade/Quin resulted in the FO sitting on their *** last year was disgusting.

It's important to have good relationships, and Fizdale certainly has that. I think Fizdale has shown that he is not a great basketball tactician, but maybe a FO is where he's better suited. I will reserve total judgement until after the off-season, but I'm not in love with any part of this FO. I never believed in the "believe in Zanik" because there was really no reason to. That's not usaying he's bad, there is just no reason to believe that he was good or bad at his job because there's no info on that. Where I'm at is....until something good happens, I won't have any belief that anything good will happen. Whatever combo of Ainge/Smith/Zanik/Wade/Quin resulted in the FO sitting on their *** last year was disgusting.
Ainge wasn't hired until December, it was Quin and Zanik

yeah I mean I get being upset if Fizdale was hired as a HC but just because he's not a good HC doesn't mean he can't be good in whatever FO role he's put in. Similar to some coaches are good assistant coaches but not good HC's.

But Fizdale is a big unknown in this role so can't see how someone can hate it. I envision Fizdale being something like in college they have coaches that are more their for their recruiting then their coaching. That's what I imagine some of Fizdale's role being, talking to FA's and just building relationships with players, as he's already known to be someone who players like.

Also I'm sure most know but just to restate it, Zanik used to be an Agent for NBA players, so he had good releationships built that way with NBA teams and players, and ex agents are the trend many teams have moved towards

Here's another angle: Wade is the guy you rent a room to while he's in between places and he ends up moving in and taking over the whole house. Maybe we at least get to shift our focus from Rudy vs. Donovan to Ainge vs. Wade. Wade keeps leaving the music up load while Ainge is sleeping and Ainge keeps eating Wade's food.

I don't know how to feel about this. I don't think he was as bad a coach he was made out to be. Not a great one either. Though, he was very sought-after as an assistant. It probably depends how much responsibility he shoulders within the FO. If he slowly replaces Zanik I might get uncomfortable but I don't think his voice complicates things.

Here's another angle: Wade is the guy you rent a room to while he's in between places and he ends up moving in and taking over the whole house. Maybe we at least get to shift our focus from Rudy vs. Donovan to Ainge vs. Wade. Wade keeps leaving the music up load while Ainge is sleeping and Ainge keeps eating Wade's food.
And then one quiet evening, their eyes lock from across the room, and a new love is born. It was right in front of their eyes the whole time and they never even saw it for what is was. Coming this summer to the Hallmark Channel, "Basketballs Deep."
Dribble. . .pass. . .shoot . . .Love?