What's new

Jazz hire David Fizdale as Associate GM

Here's another angle: Wade is the guy you rent a room to while he's in between places and he ends up moving in and taking over the whole house. Maybe we at least get to shift our focus from Rudy vs. Donovan to Ainge vs. Wade. Wade keeps leaving the music up load while Ainge is sleeping and Ainge keeps eating Wade's food.
Ainge "bro... you got a puppy!!!"

Wade "man you won't even notice him... he will stay in my room and is basically house trained"

Puppy proceeds to pee on Ainge's leg... Wade shrugs and smiles... laugh track plays.

Yes... go back to the 5 gm model where everyone gets a turn for a day.
like how everyone says Jerry West is in charge of Clippers and Pat Riley in charge of Heat and no one know or care about who their actual GMs are. I think Ainge is the "Jerry West/Pat Riley" for us

And then one quiet evening, their eyes lock from across the room, and a new love is born. It was right in front of their eyes the whole time and they never even saw it for what is was. Coming this summer to the Hallmark Channel, "Basketballs Deep."
Dribble. . .pass. . .shoot . . .Love?

lol, basketballs deep.

Here's another angle: Wade is the guy you rent a room to while he's in between places and he ends up moving in and taking over the whole house. Maybe we at least get to shift our focus from Rudy vs. Donovan to Ainge vs. Wade. Wade keeps leaving the music up load while Ainge is sleeping and Ainge keeps eating Wade's food.
I mean we did change the uniforms because his mom said she didn't know what colors we were.

I think he is a great hire. Sometimes when you get beat up a few times you gain a lot from that. He did great in Memphis and for a while in NYK.

Danny and Fiz are both respected around the league by the players/agents.
I think that is good, but also not as strong as we hope it is. I think the vast majority of decisions are based on, in order: 1) money, 2) where they want to live, and 3) can they win a ring. The respect for the org part comes with #3 there. It might be enough to tip the scales but it isn't getting us any bargains when we can barely compete with #1 and we are dead last in the entire NBA for #2.