What's new

jazz mentioned as possible trade partner for ak

I am just curious Cupcake aka (freakazoid), do you like basketball or do you only watch in anticipation for others to fail so you have something to complain about?? You must have been the kid that had girls picked in front of him at dodgeball.

Sorry, baby. I had no idea you were a girl. Did I not pick you for the team? My bad, princess. If it's any consolation, your sister was only slightly hotter than you. I'd still pork the both of ya. Friends?

Sorry, baby. I had no idea you were a girl. Did I not pick you for the team? My bad, princess. If it's any consolation, your sister was only slightly hotter than you. I'd still pork the both of ya. Friends?

Your so tough behind your computer screen Cupcake. Did the timer go off on your EZ bake oven??

So this is probably happening. Read it in the trib.

Wait, I thought there were a ton of teams lining up to bid on AK. Can't believe Utah will get him. Do you think Brooklyn will at least swap picks with us? Or would they demand our unprotected first? In any case, it's a bargain. AK is the best defender in the league and we need defense.

Wait, I thought there were a ton of teams lining up to bid on AK. Can't believe Utah will get him. Do you think Brooklyn will at least swap picks with us? Or would they demand our unprotected first? In any case, it's a bargain. AK is the best defender in the league and we need defense.

You are almost unbearable sometimes with your thinly veiled sarcasm. I didn't say one way or the other how I felt about it. Just that it's happening. I am sure the Jazz are not going to bring him back and play him extended minutes. They probably think he will be a good vet presence at best.

You are almost unbearable sometimes with your thinly veiled sarcasm. I didn't say one way or the other how I felt about it. Just that it's happening. I am sure the Jazz are not going to bring him back and play him extended minutes. They probably think he will be a good vet presence at best.
At least you got that it was sarcasm. And it was NOT directed at you. There is another poster on this board who has been vehement in his belief that AK will be in high demand and have no shortage of suitors. If that's the case, I wonder why Brooklyn would give him to Utah - and likely include a pick. I doubt we'd trade for him otherwise. And they'd just be getting back Evans and a player they can release. Hard to believe no team is willing to give at least a 2nd to Brooklyn for AK. If I'm wrong about a pick coming our way to make this deal happen, I'll gladly rep that other poster.

At least you got that it was sarcasm. And it was NOT directed at you. There is another poster on this board who has been vehement in his belief that AK will be in high demand and have no shortage of suitors. If that's the case, I wonder why Brooklyn would give him to Utah - and likely include a pick. I doubt we'd trade for him otherwise. And they'd just be getting back Evans and a player they can release. Hard to believe no team is willing to give at least a 2nd to Brooklyn for AK. If I'm wrong about a pick coming our way to make this deal happen, I'll gladly rep that other poster.

Don't bother. I already negged you for saying our rebuild is over. Suck it.

Don't bother. I already negged you for saying our rebuild is over. Suck it.

When did I say the rebuild was over?
This is year #1. I think DL's scenario always included getting a couple of lottery picks and having the money/assets to go after a very good free agent or try to get one via trade (the "Harden" route).

The other major part of the rebuild includes a top-8 pick this summer (and hopefully better than that) and a free agent or two (depending on who/how much). A trade is also possible, but I'll discount that for now. My IDEAL scenario is for the jazz to get a top-3 pick and end up with Towns or Okafor. But I'm not counting on that. Depending on who the Jazz get, their free agency strartegy could go in two directions: big or wing.

Let's suppose they get Turner or McCullough (or Towns or Okafor). Then in free agency, I see them pursuing Carroll or Matthews. Carroll would come cheaper so perhaps they also go after another player too. In that scenario, Kanter is likely allowed to walk. If they take someone like Johnson, Looney or Winslow. Kanter is perhaps brought back. Or Jazz go after a free agent big.

AS for the PG situation, I see Trey eventually being traded. But that may not happen until the 2015 trade deadline. Depends on Exum's readiness and maybe Neto's ability to be a backup. I think Jazz look for a solid veteran who would split mins with Exum for a year or two and then give way as Exum plays his way into 30+.

Last edited: