What's new

JAZZ must not WASTE this year.

Last year was a waste of time.

NAOS and everybody else, hurry up and dislike this mother....

Fixed. First time back in the playoffs in 7 years, and Utah gets to the second round. Hell, we even had a game 7 win on the opponents floor, which is ****ing gold in terms of development.

Calling this a dumb thread would be an insult to dumb people everywhere.

Jazz could clear cap space by renouncing rights to Favs, Exum and Hood and declining options on Thabo, Jerebko and Udoh. But why Leonard? Lindsey should just sign Durant or Lebron. Because if a player is an UFA some automatically assume Lindsey can just go out and get him, and Lindsey is a failure if he doesn't.

Kwahi is laughable. He's a superstar and cornerstone of SA. He ain't coming to Utah.

He makes the point of trading for Love with the cap hold for Dante and Hood with kevin love they are at $100 million they would be at or just over the cap.

Rudy Gobert $22,741,573
Kevin Love $24,119,025
Ricky Rubio $14,800,000
Joe Ingles $12,545,455
Alec Burks $11,536,515
Dante Exum $6,619,903
Rodney Hood $3,472,887
Donovan Mitchell$3,111,480
Tony Bradley $1,679,520

$100,626,358

He didnt have burks but even with out burks that puts the Jazz at 88 million not enough to offer a player the Max

Last year making the playoffs was important for the credibility of the franchise and the development of some of our players, including Rudy, Hood and Ingles. Winning is still important.

That said, I'd be willing to trade a couple guys for young talent or picks in this next draft.

Oh, and Mitchell is probably going to get closer to 25 mins within a few months.

I'm thinking that if DM is averaging that many minutes it says two things:
DM's game will translate really well into the NBA +
Hood and/or Dante heading out the door.

Fixed. First time back in the playoffs in 7 years, and Utah gets to the second round. Hell, we even had a game 7 win on the opponents floor, which is ****ing gold in terms of development.

Calling this a dumb thread would be an insult to dumb people everywhere.

Would you still feel the same if after this year Hood and Exum are gone?
Think about who benefited most in the playoffs?

GH - maxed to Boston
JJ - good on him, won't be around much longer
Gobert - tick
Hill - gonski
Ingles - very good defensively - offense dropped a tad, including efficiency

Hood was trash.
Exum barely played.
Favors had one really important game - was trashy otherwise

Just heard a rumor Hayward is coming back baby. We are now set for a showdown with Cavs in the finals.

Stop with this minute distribution garbage. We are free from Hayward now let's enjoy the season. Besides Gobert we have no real star let the fun begin.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JazzFanz mobile app

GH - maxed to Boston
Gobert - tick
Hill - gonski

Hood was trash.
Exum barely played.

Favors played injured -- give the guy some credit -- and Hood was not 100 percent either.

GH - maxed to Boston
Gobert - tick
Hill - gonski

Hood was trash.
Exum barely played.

Not tracking with this at all. So we base how much we try to win on who we think might stay? Makes no sense to me. Clearly we have to develop players as part of a long term plan but you have to play to win. I hope Sefolosha plays so well in October that he is our starter. Would much rather see Jingles coming off the bench. Go time.

GH - maxed to Boston
Gobert - tick
Hill - gonski

Hood was trash.
Exum barely played.

Sure, I'd feel the same. If Hood or Exum are gone, then Utah either learned they aren't good enough to start, or they've been outplayed by someone else. Just as Gobert came on and pushed Kanter off the roster, maybe Rubio and Mitchell play so well that they are our combo at the 1/2 for the next decade. In that case, perhaps Hood and Exum can be traded for a starter at another position (like SF or PF).

I agree with the sentiment that internal development should take priority over chasing the #7/8 seed but only after the current roster is given ample opportunity to gel. I see the offense ultimately preventing us from being a legitimate threat but our depth & defense could/should make this team a tough out for anyone. Where we're at come the trade deadline will likely determine what direction we take.

I agree with the sentiment that internal development should take priority over chasing the #7/8 seed but only after the current roster is given ample opportunity to gel. I see the offense ultimately preventing us from being a legitimate threat but our depth & defense could/should make this team a tough out for anyone. Where we're at come the trade deadline will likely determine what direction we take.

A line-up consisting of Rubio/Mitchell/Hood/Johnson/Gobert has enough offense, and defense too for that matter. The challenge in terms of future development will be replacing Johnson with a long, athletic, 2-way forward who is young enough to match the Gobert/Mitchell/Hood timeline.

A line-up consisting of Rubio/Mitchell/Hood/Johnson/Gobert has enough offense, and defense too for that matter. The challenge in terms of future development will be replacing Johnson with a long, athletic, 2-way forward who is young enough to match the Gobert/Mitchell/Hood timeline.

I dont mind that unit.

Exum/Ingles/Thabo/Jerabko/Favors as the 2nd unit. Burks replaces anyone having an 'off' night.

I have concerns regarding spacing & lack of players capable of creating for themselves but agree the potential is there if things break our way (Rubio fitting, Hood becoming go-to scorer, Mitchell hitting the ground running, Exum making a developmental leap, etc).

But unless the team is legitimately in the hunt for the #4/5 seed, I think internal development & flipping short-term pieces for long-term assets will be essential to our ability to truly contend in the future & more impacyful than a quick 1st rd exit.

Because things are so slow this week...

Jazz can't play Rubio, JJ and other vets max minutes with the goal of sneaking into the playoffs.

Well, you were right about the JJ part. Wrong about Rubio.

Have to play Favors, Hood, Exum, DM and Burks a stack and find out who can join Gobert going forward. We don't need to have 30 mins of Ingles, 36 Rubio, 18 Sefolosha, 15 Jerebko, 8 Neto.

We did get Favors and DM a lot. And probably would have seen a lot of Exum if not for the stupid Suns.
We did figure out Hood can't join Gobert going forward.
We do want Ingles and Rubio joining Gobert going forward.

Last year was a waste of time.

In fact, I hope the Jazz trade one or two this season.

Good guess. :)

Here is the right minute distribution

Gobert 34
Hood 32 (wrong, but who knew?)
Rubio 28 (not bad. He actually was around 29.)
Favors 26 (again, not bad. He was about 28.)
Ingles 24 (over 31 and well worth it)
Exum 20 (sigh... but this is the year!)
JJ 18 (you had the right idea)
DM 16 (wrong again, but who could have known?)
Sefolosha 14
Burks 14
Jerebko 8
Udoh 4
Griffen 2

You know it makes sense... I'm Sam Kekovich!

NAOS, hurry up and dislike this mother....

Because things are so slow this week...

Well, you were right about the JJ part. Wrong about Rubio.

We did get Favors and DM a lot. And probably would have seen a lot of Exum if not for the stupid Suns.
We did figure out Hood can't join Gobert going forward.
We do want Ingles and Rubio joining Gobert going forward.

Good guess. :)

I threw a few arrows out there. Plenty missed. Couple landed.

I threw a few arrows out there. Plenty missed. Couple landed.
This is way too generous of an assessment. Blind squirrels find nuts, but we shouldn't pat them on their backs for their savvy vision. Your **** was awful in this thread.

This is way too generous of an assessment. Blind squirrels find nuts, but we shouldn't pat them on their backs for their savvy vision. Your **** was awful in this thread.

I agree my notion of the 'wasted year' was trashy...

But I'm basically happy they chose Exum over Hood. Now it's time for him to repay them.... (I know this isn't what happened - basically DM eliminated Hood - but trusting in X as a complimentary piece moving forward is great)

Also, I am the biggest Rubio doubter in the world (it was tough being a disbeliever for much of last year)

Ingles was great.

DM was unbelieveable.

Gobert's injury kept them from winning 50+

And Favors earned that big one year guarantee.

Great great year....

In lots of ways Exum is our eX (see what I did there :)) factor. If he stays basically the same it is just kind of ok. If he regresses it would hurt us quite a bit. But if he breaks out then, wow, watch out. An Exum that can hit 3's at a reasonable rate, continues the defensive development we have already seen, and is more comfortable running the offense on the floor, now that is a dangerous addition to the bench and pushes us up another notch.